Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Pagulayan Absent from Guinness 9-Ball Team, Claims BSCP Prejudice  (Read 1450 times)

Rockford

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 232
  • WORK Hard,PARTY Harder!
Pagulayan Absent from Guinness 9-Ball Team, Claims BSCP Prejudice

"The Lion" Alex Pagulayan will not be competing in the final stop of the Guinness 9-Ball tour in Shanghai from Aug. 3-5. Whether this is because of an internal bias in the Billiard and Snooker Congress of the Philippines (BSCP) or punishment for Pagulayan's actions during a recent match is up for contention.

The BSCP announced that Jeffrey de Luna will join Ronnie Alcano, Lee Van Corteza and Roberto Gomez to represent the Philippines. The Shanghai stop will be the fifth and final event before the grand finale in Bali, Indonesia, on Aug. 31-Sept. 2. Pagulayan, currently ranked 16th with 60 points, would have had a shot at cracking the top ten with a solid finish in Shanghai; De Luna is now in 26th place, unable to make the final regardless of his performance.

While traveling to the 2007 Cebu Open, Pagulayan accused the BSCP of having a personal bias against certain players. He claims that his removal from the Guinness event is retribution for his refusal to take part in a local TV show, unless he received compensation.

"If they want to use me and make money off me, I need to make money, too," Pagulayan said.

The BCSP responded with a press release stating Pagulayan's misbehavior in the July tour stop in Singapore justified replacing him for the Shanghai event. According to the BCSP, Pagulayan's actions were “unworthy and unacceptable for a representative of a country that is regarded today as ‘the epicenter of pool.' His antics amounted to sharking."

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/news/display_article?id=865

***What do you think of BCSP's decision in removing Pagulayan from the Philippine Billiards team?

-in my opinion the decision was too harsh, just a reprimand will do.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 09:33:19 pm by Rockford »

esteve

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
Re: Pagulayan Absent from Guinness 9-Ball Team, Claims BSCP Prejudice
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 09:50:13 pm »
hehehe ganyan naman sa atin..pag hindi ka sumunod sa agos tiyak kang illigpit..kaya hindi na bago yan sa mga pinoy na pinuno natin

realwired73

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 10:02:29 pm »
Maybe he deserves it, maybe not. But this is the result of his actions for asking for money just to appear on tv. Di naman natin alam baka yun ibang nag-guest sa show na yun got paid and maybe he wants the same thing also. Because of his reaction, mas-zero tulay siya ngayon. Well sa kanto ka na lang muna mag-bilyar, samahan kita. laffman::

Master Dave

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 153
  • Master of none
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 10:19:21 pm »
sa tingin ko mali un, dapat kinausap muna nila si Alex na wag masyadong maging kenkoy sa laro.. then pag di sya sumunod, saka lang sya tanggalin.. ndi ganun na basta na lang nila tatanggalin eh mataas pa naman ang ranking nya sa international pool.. siguro nga it's something personal..

MiKeDaCuTe

• Laking Beer Brand!!!
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 159
  • Kung Kaya ng Iba, Ipagawa mo sa Kanila...
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 11:34:44 pm »
yabang nya kasi maglaro... sayang magaling pa naman kaso may kayabangan...

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 12:59:56 am »
Yabang? Have you ever seen his previous games or at least the mentioned event? You have to understand that Pagulayan has to eat and feed a family or in other words... live.

All Roads Lead to Espiya's Resident Genius, 123kid123.

Mods, mods! Help! I just got owned! - multimillion dollar man

I do have followers. They post everywhere I post. Do you?