Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Motorola XOOM Wifi cheaper than an iPad 2 Wifi  (Read 2210 times)

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
Motorola XOOM Wifi cheaper than an iPad 2 Wifi
« on: March 04, 2011, 02:32:08 am »
the 32gb Wifi only iPad 2 costs $599

heres the extensive demo of the Xoom and Android Honeycomb 3.0, feel free to skip to the actual demo parts

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGtXmtAzzQw[/youtube]

leightot

• Pioneer VIP
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 270
  • BEA SUZY! ftw
Re: Motorola XOOM Wifi cheaper than an iPad 2 Wifi
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 03:05:48 am »
wow mas ok to kesa sa galaxy tab i think.

MasterChief63

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 05:31:06 am »
wow mas ok to kesa sa galaxy tab i think.

hhhmmm if you dont need 3g and call/txt functions then yes way better than the galaxy tab, pero paring na ag Galaxy Tab II basically same specs(pricewise close din sa 3g version) hindi ko an alam if maglalabas ng wifi only version ang Samsung pero in my opinions this and he iPad2 are too big at 9.7 and 10.1 inch, but the 7 inchers are a bit too small, i prefer the 8 inchers

kwekwekproven

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 2
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 11:07:43 am »
yan b yung OS na sinasabi ni Jobs sa may 100 apps lang?

rcam3609

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 02:25:41 pm »
Sam's Club is a mass retailer (owned by walmart) and probably has the pull to purchase in bulk of the xoom.
I think Best Buy still has the xoom at 799.  A possible marketing ploy and gamble by
Sam's club to garner sales before the iPad2 begin selling on march 2.
The knock on xoom (from what I read)is that you have to activate at least
1 month worth of service to access Wifi and that flash is an
Update or 2 away. Whatever is said about apple and Jobs and iPad,
Or down the road a better tablet from any manufacturer arrives, they certainly
Innovated and the blazed the way.  No other innovator can has come along.
The stocks show it and the stores show it...now if they only have flash

MasterChief63

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 07:37:16 pm »
Sam's Club is a mass retailer (owned by walmart) and probably has the pull to purchase in bulk of the xoom.
I think Best Buy still has the xoom at 799.  A possible marketing ploy and gamble by
Sam's club to garner sales before the iPad2 begin selling on march 2.
The knock on xoom (from what I read)is that you have to activate at least
1 month worth of service to access Wifi and that flash is an
Update or 2 away. Whatever is said about apple and Jobs and iPad,
Or down the road a better tablet from any manufacturer arrives, they certainly
Innovated and the blazed the way.  No other innovator can has come along.
The stocks show it and the stores show it...now if they only have flash

1 month if you buy the 3g/4g version full price AT $799 buyers are still obligated to atleast have 1 month of service pero kung WiFi version pano ka mag one month of service sa 3g/4g diba

rcam3609

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 12:49:56 am »
 Chief, I know you as an avid techo guy, and believe me when
I read you would have to buy 1 month service and then and only
Then will they "manually" overide it and provide wifi. Nagulat ako.
Maybe we should research it more.  More power to you chief!

MasterChief63

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 01:33:47 am »
Chief, I know you as an avid techo guy, and believe me when
I read you would have to buy 1 month service and then and only
Then will they "manually" overide it and provide wifi. Nagulat ako.
Maybe we should research it more.  More power to you chief!

this ONLY applies to the $799 3G/4G capable Xooms, the Xoom wifi only has WiFi and no 3g/4g radio and yung sinasabing 1 month "SUBSCRIPTION" is 3g/4g DATA Plan, wala na pakialam ang verizon sa kung ano man ang decide ng Motorola sa WiFi version ng Xoom

analyze na lang: saang Data connection kakabit yung Xoom WiFi sa 1 month "subscription" kung Wifi lang sya and no 3g/4g radios for broadband since all of verizons data subscriptions are via 3g/4g , diba ikakabit mo sya sa kahit kaninong wifi connection na may acces ka  ;D

i think na misinterpret mo ito

via Engadget Feb 6 2011 post

Call us crazy, but we're having a hard time interpreting this line of fine print in any other way:

"To activate WiFi functionality on this device, a minimum of one month data subscription is required."

That's listed under Best Buy's most recent ad highlighting the world's first Android 3.0 tablet, and it most certainly sounds both ominous and ridiculous. Hardcore Verizon followers may remember the days of Big Red crippling Bluetooth radios in phones in order to "coerce" users to purchase ringtones and such from them rather than snagging one on the subway from Tom, Dick and / Jane, so we definitely wouldn't put something like this by the company. It's hard to say how this will be implemented once the $800 Xoom hits retail shelves, but it's certainly hard to believe that this is a Best Buy policy (and not a Verizon mandate). We'll be digging for more details (after all, this could all be some strange, terrible dream), but we'll be straight with you -- we don't like the potential implications here.

Update: We're hearing from some Best Buy Mobile employees that these simply won't be able to be sold without being first activated on Verizon's network, so even though you could theoretically cancel the same day, you'll still likely get hit with a one-time activation fee (and possibly one month of data). Then again, there appears to be typos on the flyer, so you may want to wait for Verizon's official word before getting up in arms.

rcam3609

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 05:02:47 am »
Chief, isn't what I was saying exactly what you highlighted from engadget about the zoom... Again I read it and it seems like the powers that be that control xoom does have the ability of withholding wifi connectivity unless you sign up for 1 month...as stated in your highlighted quote, "ridiculous and astonishing" wifi is wifi as everybody knows but verizon and motorola has something up their sleeve

MasterChief63

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 06:12:32 am »
Chief, isn't what I was saying exactly what you highlighted from engadget about the zoom... Again I read it and it seems like the powers that be that control xoom does have the ability of withholding wifi connectivity unless you sign up for 1 month...as stated in your highlighted quote, "ridiculous and astonishing" wifi is wifi as everybody knows but verizon and motorola has something up their sleeve

ok sabi ko na your misinterpreted the article, linawn lang natin

1) 2 model and available sa Xoom the $799 3g/4g with WiFi(wifi activation depends if bough on a 2 yr subscription for $599 or 1 month subscription for $799) and the Xoom WiFi $599($539 at Sam's Club)
2) the article above came out Feb 6 pa and the pricing for the Xoom Wifi came out only this week so THE ARTICLE ABOVE DOES NOT APPLY to the Xoom wifi
3) nowhere in the article above is the Xoom wifi only model even mentioned once, only the $799 3g/4g model is mentioned is under the control Verizon for the wfi functionality, kaya nila ginawa yng sa article was to discourage peopl from uin the Xoom 3g/4g so they can cash in the money of 24months contract of monthly data

here is the Engadget march 3 artice about the Xoom WiFi price and nowhere does it say that Verizon has anything to do with the WiFi only model kasi WALA NG PAKIALAM an Verizon sa Xoom na hindi naman makakakonekta sa 3g/4g Broadband network nila kasi WALANG 3g/4g radio ang Xoom WiFi kaya mas mura sya sa Xoom 3g/4g ng Verizon

You might have seen Motorola's WiFi-only Xoom popping up at European e-tailers, but it's reportedly flying the red, white and blue today, having materialized at Sam's Club in the good ol' USA. Droid-Life stumbled upon several snapshots of these Xoom Wi-Fi vouchers, with a $539 price tag hanging above their heads -- plenty cheaper than a cellular Xoom, and also slightly more affordable than a similarly specced iPad 2. Of course, Sam's Club deals in wholesale merchandise, and even should this price be accurate the tablet may not be widely available at the same rate, so don't count out $599 as the Xoom Wi-Fi's MSRP. Meanwhile, let us know if you manage to find and ring one up at the register, eh?

hehe sana naman malinaw na kasi i dont know how to explain it any simpler to you na 2 model ang Xoom na isa controlled ng Verizon at isa na walang pakialam ang Verizon

rcam3609

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 11:13:17 am »
 Very good.   Now, let me drive to the local SAMs club and test the xoom.  At $539 it would be nice to have a tablet that would eventually play flash.  I tell you between all the techie blogs (endgadget and etc) and misinformation, i guess one has to see it firsthand.

MasterChief63

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2011, 03:14:03 pm »
Very good.   Now, let me drive to the local SAMs club and test the xoom.  At $539 it would be nice to have a tablet that would eventually play flash.  I tell you between all the techie blogs (endgadget and etc) and misinformation, i guess one has to see it firsthand.

Engadget although is my source for everything tech they are BIASED to Apple, malapit na silang maging Gizmodo na nasa pockets ng Apple, post some feeedback, ang natest ko pa lang aside from the  Galaxy Tab 1 is th Dell Streak 7 pero naliliitan ako pareho lalo na sa Dell S7 kasi 800x480 lang ang resolution