Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: anu maganda anti virus para net cafe???  (Read 3758 times)

Jis

• Evil Incarnate
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
Re: anu maganda anti virus para net cafe???
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2009, 02:59:12 am »
Yup, it seems we have different priorities and philosophies. I personally believe that virtual machines are only half of a PC's security. I would not sacrifice security for boot up speed (especially in a PC that is rarely turned off during the day e.g. PC shops) [hence the reason why I don't have a PC shop? lolz]. If one is concerned with resource allocations, there are AV programs that have significantly low memory footprint than Norton and McAfee (memory hogs!).  In my opinion controlling the PC is a much better strategy than controlling the user's actions and convenience (limiting USB usage, bottlenecking files of significant importance to save)
Please support my Minicity (UP Los Banos) by clicking HERE

rydhel1016

• Be Without Fear in the Face of Your Enemies. Be Brave and Upright that God May Love Thee. Speak the Truth Even if it leads to Your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is our oath.
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 2
    • Sexy Friendster Girls
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2009, 03:15:11 am »
Yup, it seems we have different priorities and philosophies. I personally believe that virtual machines are only half of a PC's security. I would not sacrifice security for boot up speed (especially in a PC that is rarely turned off during the day e.g. PC shops) [hence the reason why I don't have a PC shop? lolz]. If one is concerned with resource allocations, there are AV programs that have significantly low memory footprint than Norton and McAfee (memory hogs!).  In my opinion controlling the PC is a much better strategy than controlling the user's actions and convenience (limiting USB usage, bottlenecking files of significant importance to save)

Actually, we have the same priority. Customer Satisfaction. Strategies lang ang pagkakaiba.

Second, hindi boot up speed ang pinagyayabang ko sa customers. Nasabi mo kanina regarding hindi na babalik yung customer dahil may virus siyang makukuha sa shop. Our setup has never caused a single customer to leave the shop with a malware infected flash drive. In fact, yung mga bagong customer na suki ng ibang shops ang may virus. Pogi points pa yun sa shop mo. Pag may virus yung flash drive "sang computer mo sinaksak to, may virus sya?" Tapos sasagot sila "sa N****** or sa E*****"

Kala ko naghahandle ka ng shop, lols. Kung umatend ka sana i cafe congress last year sa megamall, our shop won "i cafe of the year".  toast::

rydhel1016

• Be Without Fear in the Face of Your Enemies. Be Brave and Upright that God May Love Thee. Speak the Truth Even if it leads to Your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is our oath.
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 2
    • Sexy Friendster Girls
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2009, 03:24:23 am »
Nagyabang na tuloy. Sensya na po....

Anyways,

Kung legit software pa gagamitin mo, yung setup ko pa rin ang pinaka cost efficient. With my setup, you just need to purchase deep freeze enterprise (which will make df installers for all your units), and one antivirus for your server.

Compare that to buying one antivirus for each client.

Jis

• Evil Incarnate
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2009, 03:37:11 am »
Gratzie to you and your shop.

Well, I don't handle any commercial computer shop, but I handle virtually the security of my lab group's computers (6 units). We had a problem before of computer tampering (around 2 years ago...which we traced backed from a chinese graduate student) thus from there onwards, I was trained to handle security issues of our workstations (even to the point of attending RSA Conferences if we had the time).

I suggest always use legit softwares (especially the OS)... Windows security patches (that usually comes every second Tuesday of each month) are your best friend.

However, take a look also on Microsoft SteadyState, it has the advantage of being...well... free

Best of luck to the new compu shop of the treadstarter...

Please support my Minicity (UP Los Banos) by clicking HERE