Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Political Dynasty, Good Or Bad?  (Read 5943 times)

ferrari

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 20
Political Dynasty, Good Or Bad?
« on: February 25, 2007, 03:21:11 am »
Since time immemorial Political dynasties have been in the Philippine political arena and still are very much around. Sons and daughters, nephews and nieces and yes even wives of political figures have been seen to enter politics not for merit or expertise but simply because of affinity by blood to those who hold the political power.

We have families like the Marcoses ( Ferdinand, Imelda, Imee and Bongbong),
Estradas/Ejercitos ( Erap, Loi, Jinggoy, JV) Cayetanos (Former Sen Cayetano, Pia, Alan Peter) and many others in the provincial and municipal government.
The main reason usually given as Manila Mayor Lito Atienza attests is that he wants the continuity of the programs he started, which explains why he wants his son Ali to take his place as mayor of Manila.

To date, there is a possibility that the next senate may have a brother and sister (Cayetano), Half brothers (Estrada/Ejercito) and father and son (Nene and Koko) sitting site by side to deliberate on important legislations that will affect the future of more than 80 million filipinos both young and old for generations to come. The irony of it all is that pending in the senate is THE ANTI DYNASTY BILL authored by Nene Pimentel. How can we expect credibility from these senators to convince the rest of the country that this bill should be passed when they themselves are violating the practice of such. It would be interesting to see the political gymnastics that will unfold once this bill is deliberated on not only in the Senate but also in Congress.

The point at issue is Does the existence of Political Dynasties really help the Filipino peope, or is this just making the political maturity of the people stagnant and therefore perpetually retarded?

aktibista

• REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 30
Re: Political Dynasty, Good Or Bad?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 10:01:15 am »
itatanong pa ba yan??? syempre bad give chance do the others the mas deserving pa sa kanila! tanggalin na ang mga trapo!!

marbz

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -1
  • honda Prelude 2.2 bitch!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 10:53:31 am »
hindi!!!

sana bigyan din ng chance ang iba
Honda Prelude 2.2 bitch..

critchfield99

• tulong-tulong parasa kauswagan...
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 06:59:44 am »
ok pag may magandang result ang dynasty nila pero kung wala ay dapat palitan...

Kal-El

• The Man of Steel
  • Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
    • The Last Son of Krypton
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 10:40:24 am »
Here's the thing. As critchfield99 said, if they are performing, why not? But performance does not mean anything without growth. So if they are only being consistent and nothing is moving forward or growing in terms of the development of their town, city, province, or what have you, then dynasty is not good. As they say, "Anything in excess is bad." I think this holds true for anything if you think about it.

Does this dull, stagnate or enduce retardation to the Filipino political maturity? I don't think so. I even think, IF people will be smart enough, they will see more flaws and try not to reelect the TRAPO or their next of kin. What I'm saying is that people do get fed up. Most often than not, if this happens, people clamor for change. Again, I don't think this (dyansty) will bring about stagnation and retardation, it may even lead to a pro-active Filipino and a more knowledgable one at that; a more mature political Filipno. More experiences, more information, and being hungrier for change would eventually result to a more competent Filipino voting community which may lead to the dismissal of most political dynasties that doesn't do anything. However, the only challenge this change may face is the loyalty and sentimentality that people have. So, as always, it will be a battle between what your mind tells you to do, and what you heart tells you to do...  ;D
"The son becomes the father, and the father becomes the son..."

boks

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 1
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 12:16:17 am »
hindi kailangan silang iboto. kailangan ibigay sa iba

imijin

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 04:15:00 am »
sa isang banda maganda din yung ganun lalo na pag maganda ang resulta ng paninilbihan nila sa bayan... sa ganun, matututukan ang di natapos na proyekto ng sinundang opisyal... minsan kasi nakakita ako ng isang long term plan ng isang city... maganda, kaakit akit at siguradong dadami ang trabaho... pero ng matalo sa eleksyon, naiba na naman ang concept, ibang iba sa dating plan... yun ang nakaka lungkot... imbes na sulong, umuurong ang progress ng bayan...

Ang kagandahan sa dynasty, tutok sa isang plano, sinesiguradong tapos ang bawat proyekto, at step by step ang progress... kaya lang sa panahon ngayun, ibang iba na talaga... after the last term of the father, tatakbo ang anak, pero father padin ang utak  ng nagdidikta... at sa higpit ng laban sa politika, indi na tutuk sa proyekto ang mga halal... kung saan may pera, dun sila tutok...

kung kurapsyon at power ang habol ng mga politiko ngayun... dina yata maganda dibah... pagbigyan natin ang iba, yung ibang dipa gaano alam ang kalakaran sa kurapsyon.... pasasan bat lahat ng nahahalal eh magiging kurap din... yun nga lang, magkakaparte pa ang iba, indi solo lang ang makikinabang

Pure Askal

• Jiggle it!
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 12:32:58 am »
HAYOK SA KAPANGYARIHAN. There maybe no laws against it but it is just unethical, it is shameful and it just show the true colors of these people.

No one should be alowed to wield so much power again as we have seen and should have learned during the Marcos era. Polital dynasty not only gives a family or a group extra ordinary powers prone to abuse, it serves NO PURPOSE to the public. It only serves purpose to the politicians OWN interest. For me, honesty and sincerity of these parasites are beyond suspect, I know they are up to no good. They know this, they know that some of us sees it. But they know platforms, ehtics and honor doesn't win elections anymore. Just a circus showmanship will do the job.

Hey, basketball court for everyone! vote for me!
Do the Bounce baby! Boink Boink Boink do the Boink Boink Boink

Van Wilder

• 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 13
  • MVP
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 12:38:26 am »
Magsamasama na sana clang lahat at mamatay! HAHAHA! Di nmn magkakaroon ng political dynasty kundi cla iboboto ng mga taong bayan di ba?

MisterSuave

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 5
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 02:26:36 am »
wala bang worse? sa basilan, lahat ng asawa ng governor mayor lahat. wahahaha.

"Phoenix"

• ".....ThE ExplOrEr....."
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -9
  • "Here I come.................up up in the way!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 03:53:42 am »
Politics...politics...

Speaking of Political Dynasty...actually, it is depend on us if we allow political people make their Dynasty in the world of politics!!!

Coz...are the voter's...try to think of it... ???
"Kame....hame......wave..................."

Visit our site : http://bscs-batch2003.tripod.com

kwaki

• just plain pinoy who loves sexy beautiful pinays
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
  • PINOYSPY is the BEST among the REST
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 04:14:36 am »
depende parin para sakin... what if oks nman pamamalakad khit TRAPO ung politician...??? pra sakin it wont matter... basta nakita kong d best cia for that position edi iboboto ko cia....

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 04:16:14 am »
At the end of the day, the people will still decide. They are not forced to vote a candidate. The only bad thing I see, and is more likely irrelevant, is the position of Political Dynasty in election period. They have access to everything including the traffic lights.

All Roads Lead to Espiya's Resident Genius, 123kid123.

Mods, mods! Help! I just got owned! - multimillion dollar man

I do have followers. They post everywhere I post. Do you?

Uncle_bob

• The Rasta Man is back!
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 17
  • Ano ka sabog?!
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 04:25:09 am »
Depende cguro kung sa SPYDADDY at yung anak nya yung tatakbo bka mag agree ako sa DYNASTY... (sipsip)  laffman::