Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Re: Computer Stupidites - Hardware Abuse  (Read 1250 times)

bodieph

• Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
Re: Computer Stupidites - Hardware Abuse
« on: February 08, 2006, 05:33:33 am »
eto pa ulit

A friend of mine (who shall remain nameless) bought a brand new Toshiba laptop computer last year since his "old" one was a model from the year before. He worked in the computer services office on campus here at our university. He decided one night that to impress his co-workers he would make his new laptop more decorative. He bought a can of emerald green Krylon spray paint and sprayed his entire computer (screen, mouse, keyboard, casing, and all) with it. He was shocked to find that his computer wouldn't work afterwards and decided the paint must be at fault. So the next day he bought a can of Goo Gone and a bottle of paint thinner and poured them both on his computer, then rinsed it off in the sink.

Again, he was shocked when his computer wouldn't work. He was even more shocked when Circuit City told him they wouldn't refund his money or exchange his computer for a new one.

============

A customer came into the store one day to return an internal modem, which he had purchased a few days earlier. He complained that it would not work. I took the modem out of the package and could scarcely believe my eyes.

The card had been filed down to about half its original size.

* Tech Support: "Why has this card been filed?"
    * Customer: "The modem didn't fit in the slot, so I had to file it till it would fit."
============

One day, I had gotten a call from a customer who was having a problem with his internal modem; the system was not detecting it. We went through several diagnoses over the phone, and finally he said something that made me pause.

* Me: "Sir, wait a second. Let me see if I just heard you correctly. Did you just say you were inserting and removing the modem while the system was up and running?"
    * Customer: "Well, yeah, I did it both ways."
    * Me: "Sir, I recommend that you do NOT do that. You could seriously damage your hardware."
    * Customer: "Well, that's what I thought Plug and Play meant!"
===========
Ten years ago, I was working for a company selling computerized cash registers. A customer called in to help me with a cash register that didn't connect to the back office computer.

* Me: "So, can you tell me the settings of the DIP switches on the cash register?"
    * Customer: "DIP switch?"
    * Me: "Oh, sorry, the small switches located on the backside."
    * Customer: "Eeeerrr...there are no switches there."
    * Me: "Oh, yes, there are. Right next to the power cord."
    * Customer: "No. There are no switches. Not any more!"
    * Me: (puzzled) "Huh? Not any more? What do you mean?"
    * Customer: "Well, you know, my collegue told me that these switches might actually be what caused the problem, so I removed them."
    * Me: "REMOVED THEM??"
    * Customer: "Yeah, you know, removed them. With a chisel."
=================

Aaronic

• Distorted!
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma -2
  • Imagination is more important than knowledge.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 10:54:14 pm »
hay naku.. ang tao nga naman.. natural na....  ;D
Nu Metal!

Knivez117

• "Knight of Love"
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 21
  • To show emotion is a sign of weakness.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 05:46:26 am »
hahaha! :D

I got ninety-nine problems but the bitch aint one!

You might win the battle but I will always win the war.. always.

EyezOnly

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
  • "There is nothing that is not important to me."
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 12:21:15 pm »
hahaha!idol kita bod! funny!

To those who loved this world and have spent their time together with their companions in this world in the past: reunite