Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: My Concern on CERN LHC or Large Hadron Collider  (Read 4402 times)

Ilonggo-by-blood

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 37
My Concern on CERN LHC or Large Hadron Collider
« on: November 08, 2012, 02:16:21 am »

I was watching National Geographic. Its about the life of Stephen Hawking and LHC in finding the very mysterious Higgs boson.

They are making a small black hole where it will disintegrate after a particle collision. My concern is that they are just basing the experiment on the theory of Stephen Hawking. What if they miscalculate or baka magka problema. They are SUPPOSE work under controlled condition. So just incase (Knock on wood) napa subra ang collision ng particle at they made a bigger blackhole? Hmm.. Patay tayung lahat?

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
Re: My Concern on CERN LHC or Large Hadron Collider
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 02:43:51 am »
nope

bible said the earth and sky will burn
scientist says when our sun became a red giant the earth and sky will be burned literally

so there is no blackhole that swallow the whole universe

UrAnus

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 02:54:13 am »
you need a very large mass of energy to mimic a potentially deadly blackhole.  The LHC can only do so much which maximizes it potential to produce tiny black holes.

The test may still be inconclusive because it only detects the same radiation(hawking radiation)  a "theoritical" blackhole does.  If they see it affects space and time, it maybe a conclusive blackhole. 
Do what you think is right today and do it right tomorrow.

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 03:00:17 am »
whatever the hell DEC 21, 2012 brings BRING IT ON!!!  ::pampam ::pampam

isa na rin yan LHC sa mga World End scenarios that were considered

Ilonggo-by-blood

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 37
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 03:32:23 am »
Yes it takes a large mass of energy to create a blackhole but a blackhole per se creates its own energy base sa na consume niya energy. So is there a perpetual production of energy? or consumption of energy base sa theory ng blackhole?

nope

bible said the earth and sky will burn
scientist says when our sun became a red giant the earth and sky will be burned literally

so there is no blackhole that swallow the whole universe

For me its not what the bible said or what is on the Mayan Calendar. What l am saying is the potential disaster not with in the context ng bible or Mayan prediction but human error or miscalculation.

Stephen Hawking is darn genius but he is not perfect sana mali ako. Just saying baka mali sila

UrAnus

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 05:13:50 am »
Actual blackholes can only be formed from stars several times bigger than ours.  As i've said, it will need a specific massive amount of energy to create one.  The BH's gravity has a limited radius because it depends on the 'event horizon'.  in my point-of-view, BH's is not infinite, because the singularity will eventually gain mass and energy and it may 'eat' itself. 

Still nobody knows if BH's are infinite or they exists.

UrAnus

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 10:38:59 am »
what i mean with "The BH's gravity has a limited radius because it depends on the 'event horizon'. " is that even if the blackhole is as big as our sun, it will have little effect on us because if you are outside the range of the event horizon, you are safe from its gravitational pull.  It will have the same pull as a planet.

Ilonggo-by-blood

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 37
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 05:05:46 pm »
Actual blackholes can only be formed from stars several times bigger than ours.  As i've said, it will need a specific massive amount of energy to create one.  The BH's gravity has a limited radius because it depends on the 'event horizon'.  in my point-of-view, BH's is not infinite, because the singularity will eventually gain mass and energy and it may 'eat' itself. 

Still nobody knows if BH's are infinite or they exists.
It would take 20 suns to create a stellar blackhole I know that. But that is not the only concern eh. Base mo lang sa theory ni Einstein na gravity is NOT just pulling of mass to its center but the curve of space and time that is why light cannot escape. Kung tama si Albert E. dapat controlled ang energy produce nila. Other than that they will create a God particle which they will collide quarks almost the speed of light to randomly create a particle. Ilang particle? How much energy will the particle emit? Remember Albert E. himself created the Atom bomb in which even atoms implode which creates energy MASSIVE amount of energy. Eh ito mas maliit sa atoms eh. Eka adverse effect nito base sa   Higgs boson or Higgs particle creation. Theoritically it decays almost immediately into two jets of hadrons and two electrons. It Has NO electrical charge NO color so No harm. BUT it is alo unstable.

anyway hopefully everything is ok. Religious implication nito is that it just shows we are created by science.

UrAnus

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 03:55:36 am »
as you've said, the need to have 20 suns to produce one black hole.  So any particle collision testing would not affect anything.  CERN testing is not conclusive.  As i've said, they did not create an actualy blackhole.  Ang bases ng conclusion nila is yung radiation emission which was the hawking radiation.  Wala silang may na produce na actual blackhole na concluded as one.  The energy and particles the LHC creates is not enough to produce a devastating one.   Yes, gravity affects space and time but it must be at a very large proportion like at least 30K more stronger than earths.  That gravity pull is being generated by the "Singularity", which is the one that creates the strong gravity.  We dont have enough technology or energy to produce such force.  The atomic bomb created  nuclear reaction using plutonium or uranium which was hit by a neutron thats why it blew up.  The word "atom" is a unit of measure.  The light will only curve on a specific amount of force/energy and not on a mere particle explosion.

Ilonggo-by-blood

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 37
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 07:50:55 am »
That is where we are getting complacent. But we are talking about unstable reactions and elementary particle. Yung theory ni Hawking says not all is sucked in the Blackhole. Yan ba ang gusto nilang patunayan? Even light is suck in the BH? But there is an element the is not suck in yun ba? ang gusto nila e prove? what I see it is that anything that has mass is sucked in the blackhole even light is sucked in the blackhole.. does light have a mass? NO so it just prove the space time theory or strings theory? or both? Does it prove the Multiverse theory? so mass is not directly proportional sa gravity base sa space time theory right?

UrAnus

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 11:34:10 pm »
No, Light doesnt have 'resting' mass.  Yes, it does have relativistic mass, which means photons mass is affected by the speed it travels.  No, Blackholes dont suck light.  Light seemed sucked in when near black holes because space-time is distorted nearing its singularity.  2 Popular  "UNSTABLE" element are uranium and plutonium.  scientist would not want to mess with UNSTABLE element.  If there are unstable reactions, scientist make sure its in a minimum.  You need an element for a nuclear reaction not just atomic particles and neutrons colliding.  The gravity produce by planets are the effect of the space being occupied by the planet.  the gravity created by blackholes are from the nuclear reactions that produced singularity.

Ilonggo-by-blood

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 37
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2012, 12:18:19 am »
l don't want to start discussing sa invariant mass and relativistic mass of light/Photon. We are going circles gaya ng Planks equation at Einsteins Equation. Some Experts say Light is actually sucked in or Photons is sucked in and because it has mass.

I still think CERN should be be strict and controlled experiment. We don't want to base this experiment sa theory ni Hawking small miscalculation glitches. Might end up catastrophic

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 01:11:45 am »
I'm not a physicist or so

as far as i remember the hadron collider was built to proves that two particles the anti-matter and matter particles was the material of big bang theory or even the anti-matter particles has the potential to use as energy in space and planes

blackholes as far as i know is the product of a dying star and hadron collider so small cannot even produce ampule anti-matter particles to fuel a space rockets

UrAnus

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 01:29:24 am »
i think we are not going in circles.  The point is scientist know that they are doing.  Light isnt sucked in BH but being curved  by space distortion.  The particle collision they are creating is so small that they need special instruments to actually see it.  What you dont want to do is to work with unstable elements.  Actually, BH's are not proven to exist yet so saying that experiments may create BH is not conclusive.  Yes, it is dangerous but afaik these are controlled environment.  The most dangerous that they would probably work is with gamma radiation. 

Ilonggo-by-blood

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 37
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2012, 03:16:37 am »
Light is not sucked in its just distortion of space due to gravitational pull or just extreme weight in singularity if black hole actually exist? 

for me kasi base ko lang sa Planks Theory ha..I like to say that the photon does have mass because a photon has energy E = hf where h is Planck's constant and f is the frequency of the photon. Ok base diyan ha. Kung Energy is as Mass base sa equation naman ni Einstein na  E = mc2. Ibig sabihin Light has a mass and it is actually sucked in a blackhole if blackhole actually exist hindi lang distortion of time and space.

ayun naman kasi kay Hawking sa collision ng two particle electron at photon which exist din everywhere as well in space. Particularly in black hole isa lang sa particle ang ma suck in. So minsan nagtatanung ako if isa lang ang papasok other one emits so naturally radiation. So what is inside the singularity? Massive mass which is strong enough to create another big bang hays naku sakit sa ulo Minsan I tried using equations natatanga ako... Kailangan ko redhorse