Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: ANC bids Marieton Pacheco farewell :(  (Read 3354 times)

maveriq96

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
  • banzaiiii!!!
ANC bids Marieton Pacheco farewell :(
« on: July 19, 2009, 11:12:44 am »
  One of the anchors of ABS-CBN News Channel (ANC) and reporter of ABS-CBN News will be going abroad to start a new life in Canada.

“After 10 years of working in the broadcast industry, Marieton Pacheco is leaving us to embark on a new life with her family,” said Mornings@ANC anchor TJ Manotoc on Friday.

Mornings@ANC aired a short program of video greetings from Pacheco’s colleagues for its show on Friday, the last working day of Pacheco at ABS-CBN.

Glenda Gloria, ANC’s chief operating officer said Pacheco will surely be missed.

“The last time I saw you interview a source was I think two days ago. I was watching you interview these police officers on Mornings. I was telling myself I'm going to miss you because you ask very good questions and you're a good reporter. I know, and you should be our future on ANC, but you're leaving us. But you’re going to a beautiful city. Vancouver is probably the best city in the world I've visited and I know you'll enjoy it there. Come back anytime,” Gloria said.

ABS-CBN News Gathering head, Charie Villa said, in jest, that Pacheco will “regret” leaving her work and the network.

“As I said, you'll regret it. No, kidding aside, I wish you all the luck, and I'm sure you'll make it there. Pero if you so decide to come back, you're always welcome to come back,” Villa said.

'One of the most beautiful faces on TV'

College friend, Paul Henson, cited Pacheco's growth in through the years.

“I've known her for about 15 years now because she was also my classmate in college. I've known her since freshman year in La Salle, and through all of these years, I've seen her grow as a person. I've seen her grow not only professionally but also in her personal life,” Henson said.

“Now that she's embarking on this new journey with her family, I'm pretty sure that, just as in all the other aspects of her life, she will be just as successful in this new chapter of her life. I wish Marieton all the best,” he added.

Other colleagues described Pacheco as “a nice person,” “one of the most beautiful faces in broadcasting,” and a “very good reporter”.

“Malaking kawalan siya sa newsroom kasi unang-una, malaking kawalan siya sa Patrol, malaking kawalan siya sa ANC at yung mismong presence niya dito sa newsroom, isang bagay na mami-miss naming lahat. Sana mag enjoy ka sa Canada. Siguraduhin mong magtatagumpay ka dyan at bibisita ka ng madalas kung kaya,” Atom Araullo said.

Desire for change

ABS-CBN reporter Joey Villarama recalled a conversation he had with Pacheco. He remembered Pacheco telling him that she wanted a change.

“She's been doing this for 10 years. Probably this is the change, so I don't know if she really wanted this sort of change na lalayo sa bansa. Pero gaya nga ng kahit anong bagay sa buhay natin, may mabuting idudulot ito dahil for the family din naman ang move na ito. Sa tingin ko, everything will go well,” Villarama said.

Even ANC Hardball's three sports talk show hosts recognized Pacheco for her passion and dedication to work.

Bill Velasco said Pacheco “does justice to the justice beat”. He added, in jest, that they will make sure that Boyet Sison doesn’t take her place on Mornings.

“We will definitely miss you. You are one of the best people that we have ever worked with, and not just as a colleague but as a person,” Velasco said.

Sison said “you bring a lot of light into our mornings, you've done a lot of good work as far as news is concerned for ABS.” Jinno Rufino added that “it definitely was a pleasure” working with Pacheco.

bErtOldO

• POLICE
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
  • NO_To_PIRACY! YES_To_FILE_SHARING!
Re: ANC bids Marieton Pacheco farewell :(
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 01:26:16 pm »
She's the reason why I woke up early just to watch Breakfast on Studio23 before.

mashedpotato

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
  • wahaha
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 03:15:25 pm »
aw super crush ko pa nman to!i love her smile!
sayang  :(

marteniko

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 13
  • THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 04:04:52 pm »
Yes, that's true. Marietton and i decided to migrate in Canada.  smoking::
I only stop wiping when i barely see the brown line....

http://i45.tinypic.com/24ffx29.gif

Phantom Assassin Mortred

• " I don't regret the act. I just regret how it turned out. "
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 9
  • " Built for the Kill "
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 05:24:00 pm »
Still one of the loveliest faces in the news field.

namster

• Living under the ESPIYA blood in my veins....
  • Knights of PS
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 365
  • Espiya Loyalista Forevah!!
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 06:46:40 pm »

Boss niko, you're the man!!!
Let the real blood of an espiya live once again in my veins...

batang espiya

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
  • Breast milk is BEST for babies up to 75 years old
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 07:15:12 pm »

hahahahah!!!! funny!  :D
You can't seee me!!!

marteniko

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 13
  • THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 08:10:12 pm »
Boss niko, you're the man!!!

Syempre naman Budz, sayang na lang yung dalawang kilong pomadang inilalamutak ko sa buhok ko araw araw at isang gatang na eskinol na inihihimas ko sa pagmumukha ko kung si Marieton lang e hindi ko mapasagot. Alam kong habulin ako ng mga matrona, biceps at abs na pang swarseneger ang arrive matatanggihan ba naman nila? Alam mo naman ako, ang gusto ko sa bubae e yun bang malambot pa ang puson. Yan si Marieton... Rock on baby!  bnana
I only stop wiping when i barely see the brown line....

http://i45.tinypic.com/24ffx29.gif

gkhan

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 15
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 03:54:49 pm »
Syempre naman Budz, sayang na lang yung dalawang kilong pomadang inilalamutak ko sa buhok ko araw araw at isang gatang na eskinol na inihihimas ko sa pagmumukha ko kung si Marieton lang e hindi ko mapasagot. Alam kong habulin ako ng mga matrona, biceps at abs na pang swarseneger ang arrive matatanggihan ba naman nila? Alam mo naman ako, ang gusto ko sa bubae e yun bang malambot pa ang puson. Yan si Marieton... Rock on baby!  bnana

Pwede ba, wala naman bastusan ng syota. Hehheheheh.

Kidding aside, I was able to watch that last episode of Marieton on ANC.  Normally, I don't watch local TV and I don't even know those newscasters but when I was scanning the channels, I came about a segment showing a lovely face with that beauteous smile where everyone seems to be saying goodbye.  Initially, sabi ko sa sarili ko, gusto ko yatang makilala yun kasi parang ang gandang milf and I later learned on the show that the girl with that sweet smile is leaving the show and leaving the Philippines.  It was only here that I learned na may asawa na pala yun. Sayang nga at alis na ng Pinas.