Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Why I Am Not Proud Of Arnel Pineda And Charice Pempengco  (Read 20346 times)

docalbert

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 8
    • Kindly visit my blog:
Re: Why I Am Not Proud Of Arnel Pineda And Charice Pempengco
« Reply #100 on: July 10, 2009, 11:09:25 pm »
Sa mga di sumangiyon sa opinyon ko:

To summarize what I mean sa blog is this (in case you just read the title and not the whole article thereby misenterpreting me)

I am happy on the recoginition that Arnel and Charice have given the nation BUT I HAVE YET TO BE PROUD OF THEIR MUSICALITY AND ARTISTRY (which I just mention sa blog kung bakit----namely Arnel trying to sound like Steve Perry and Charice whose talent is based solely on doing birit of songs already popularized by others).

We have had our tastes of Banigs, Jasmine Triases, Billie Hoe Crawfords whose careers went nowhere. Because what they have offered the international market is the same as what Arnel and Charice is offering.

The purpose of the  article is not to be a crab but a call to uplift the quality and standard of the music we are sharing to the whole world and the Filipinos mature outlook towards it (sometimes our nationalist pride tend to sensationalize.) Thats why I would be proud only if there is a Filipino who will be showing his Pinoy musical ingenuity to the whole world.  Someone whose music will be imitated rather than he or she the one imitating.

Now I dont know if you can call that crab mentality just on the mere fact that you criticize a kababayan because what you want is something more substantial.

Di ba its better in any aspect of life to:

Innovate instead of interpret
Create instead of imitate

Lastly, may mga Pinoys na proud naman ako who made it internationally----

like sa Sports: Manny Pacquiao, Brandon Vera, Batista.

Sa music...the closest I can think of is Apl De Ap of BEP pero he's more of an American than a homegrown talent.

Again kay Charice at Arnel happy lang ako pero di pa ko Proud (read the 1st paragraph of the said blog)

123 Kid and Lebron James <----masyado kayong affected, opinion lang to.

123kid <---- Next time sana post mo din yung picture mo. You just give justice to the saying that anonymity sometimes can give a person lots of guts.

geizmoh<--yep kelangan ng photoshop..... pixelated masyado eh. :)

Lebron James <---- Ang form of writing ko is satire. One that employs sarcasm and euphemisms (which is probably the first time you encounter.)  Nanotice ko lang na ang mga history ng posts ko dun eh alam na alam mo. So probably you're an avid follower? Thank you then.

Isa lang naman ang solusyon dyan sa galit mo. Wag mong bisitahin yung blog. There's no sense if you'll follow it just to be offended. Anyway Im flattered that you are following it though your hatred is way over board leading you to give below the belt attacks.

So I hope those who misinterpreted me get my point.

Anyway may new post ako sa Filipina Celebs....Jackie Rice In The Flesh.
"In This Country, You Gotta Make the Money First. Then When You Get the Money, You Get the Power. Then When You Get the Power, Then You Get the Woman."--- From The Movie Scarface.

Visit my site:

http://worldofalbert.blogspot.com

Erotomania

• Espiya Drummer
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 288
  • i wish i had an angel
    • www.moderndrummer.com
« Reply #101 on: July 10, 2009, 11:40:02 pm »
meron na pala akong AKO MISMO tag....

ang sasabihin ko ay.... " AKO MISMO AY HINDI GAGAWA NG BLOG NA IKASISIRA NG KAPWA KO FILIPINO ".....

" We have had our tastes of Banigs, Jasmine Triases, Billie Hoe Crawfords whose careers went nowhere. Because what they have offered the international market is the same as what Arnel and Charice is offering. "

Halatang di ka galit sa mga artist natin na nasa international ah.... 

ssbongbong

• walang palalampasin lahat tutumbukin!
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 9
  • derechupa ang aksyon!
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2009, 12:10:01 am »
im not stereotyping. i just cant stand Charice. she's got no appeal. she has her mini concert in Greenbelt and i've got a feeling that all her relatives sat to watch to fill the crowd.else, lalangawin sya din. she sounds like a videoke machine about to break. well, she's a good front for business that is why her managers take advantage of her "international sensation".

no comment for Arnel.

no appeal kaya pala ang layo na narating ni charice..wala palang appeal a..haha..mas malayo pa nga narating nya kesa kay regine e.

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2009, 12:27:10 am »
@DjDaveTrance - Though it may seem irrelevant and considered flaming, my action is related to the points being brought by fellow posters in this thread. To start with, judging someone based on irrelevant criteria for the purpose of belittling achievements or opinion in his case.

Ang labo naman siguro kung sasabihin ko na banban siyang doctor dahil sa fat face niya. Walang basehan diba? Pareho lang kay Charice, napaka-inconsiderate naman kung mamaliitin yung achievements niya at gagamiting dahilan ang kakulangan o kahinaan sa pag sulat ng kanta. Una, hindi pa siya naglalabas ng original. So, pano mo magagamit na dahilan yun? At sa tingin ko wala pa naman siyang 30 siguro. Napakaaga para husgahan ang bata.

Hindi naman siguro katanggap tanggap kung sasabihin ko na hindi pwede pang artista yung mukha niya. Ang layo na masyado diba? Parang kay Arnel Pineda, pinalitan lang niya ang bokalista ng bandang Journey. Banda na dumaan na sa kasikatan nila at may sarili na rin mga kanta. Punto, bakit mo naman sasabihin na walang writing skills yung tao eh hindi naman siya kinuha para magsulat. At kahit siya pa nagsulat ng Like a Rolling Stone o Imagine, wala siya sa lugar para kantahin yun.

Same point, e ang pogeh niya eh!

All Roads Lead to Espiya's Resident Genius, 123kid123.

Mods, mods! Help! I just got owned! - multimillion dollar man

I do have followers. They post everywhere I post. Do you?

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2009, 12:32:20 am »
Ka Freddie or other outspoken critics bakit wala sila na experience na ganyan during the glory days of their careers.

if you read his Interview carefully on PEP magazine tinanggihan nya yung offer sa kanya na contract correct na lang kung mali ako. Means kung sakaling nagtrabaho si ka Freddie  sa US at tinanggap yung offer tyak International hall of famer sya sa music or isa na sya sa pinagmamalaki natin ngayon

@mod
yung monkey issue AFAIK si Mariah Carey nagsabi nun kay Regine Velasquez

partida na nga yan di pa buong pinoy ang naniniwala sa kanila pero despite of the fact eh sikat pa din sila panu na lang kung lahat tau pinoy eh di mas lalo pa.Kahit Sikat pa sila ngaun eh di rin naman everlasting yan so why not help them reach the highest possible recognition of their talent.

hindi naman talaga everlasting ang kasikatan nila kung puro imitation ang gawin hahayaan ba natin na puro imitation ang gawin nila kase yung ang gusto nyo. the threadstarter wants na maging everlasting yung fame nila na tumatak sa international music industry or even sa history ng pinas na may legendary musician tayo.

pareng ereto anong ikasisira ng thread starter sa kapwa pilipino he only says na hindi sya natutuwa dahil imitation lang ang ginagawa nila paninira ba nayun

we don't need to be hypocrite with this matter

para hindi magkagulo let's define

Crab Mentality describes a way of thinking best described by the phrase...."if i can't have it, neither can you". It's a metaphor referring to a pot of crabs in which one of them tries to escape and instead is pulled down by the rest of them.

Criticism

1.  The act of criticizing, especially adversely.
2. A critical comment or judgment.
a. The practice of analyzing, classifying, interpreting, or evaluating literary or other artistic works.
b. A critical article or essay; a critique.
c. The investigation of the origin and history of literary documents; textual criticism.
he act or art of analyzing and evaluating or judging the quality of a literary or artistic work, musical performance, art exhibit, dramatic production, etc.

so paano nyo masasabi na may crab mentality si doc we need facts people?

doc use constructive criticism not na may crab mentality sya

Generally, constructive criticism should address an area that needs improving but does not speak to
the person’s self.

sinabi ni doc na sana gumawa sila ng original hindi puro imitation lang kung nagbabasa kayo. kahit na hindi sila composer maraming pinoy composer na magaling maski english ang kanta pwede sila mag-pacontest dun

another things is

In all cases, constructive criticism runs the danger of being perceived as negative.In these situations, it is unlikely that any criticism will actually provide help. Even when a person tries to present criticism in a non-emotional way, it may still be considered a personal attack. The only way to approach this is by truly being constructive, kind and helpful, and realizing that not all people are going to appreciate what you might have to say.

Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
Winston Churchill

The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.
Norman Vincent Peale

Erotomania

• Espiya Drummer
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 288
  • i wish i had an angel
    • www.moderndrummer.com
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2009, 12:39:03 am »
 " We have had our tastes of Banigs, Jasmine Triases, Billie Hoe Crawfords whose careers went nowhere. Because what they have offered the international market is the same as what Arnel and Charice is offering. "

Tignan nyo na lang kung paano niya babuyin ang pangalan ng mga pinoy artist, i wonder kung filipino ang doctor na to eh.

naiinggit ba siya sa mga filipino na me fame sa international??? 

laitzu

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 23
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2009, 12:42:52 am »
You said it well Brother. Amen to that toast:: finger4u
Get $50 to start/Earn up to $20/day/Earn $5 per referral

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2009, 12:50:03 am »
@Idiot -

(1) With their talent, the future is very promising once they will get the chance to show their song writing skills.
(2) With all the fame and stardom, Charice and Arnel has yet to set themselves apart from the copycat Filipinos.
(3) Charice and Arnel may have all the vocal power you need but they don't have the brains to be considered an artist.

Notice the difference?

Paprika

• Melodramatic Fool
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Boy Haiku
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2009, 12:52:40 am »
To each his own.
I know a word that starts with F and ends in UCK. Firetruck.

marteniko

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 13
  • THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE
« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2009, 01:33:15 am »
IMAGE DELETED BY ADMIN. PHOTO OF A FELLOW MEMBER POSTED WITHOUT PERMISSION

Pano ba naman ako magiging talangka sa poging ko to'?! Kita mo naman mga posing posing natin, pang billboard.
[/quote]

Bro, madaling araw pa lang siguro tuyot na kulangot mo?  ;D

::redalertWarning to this user for flamebait.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 05:53:07 am by (SG) »
I only stop wiping when i barely see the brown line....

http://i45.tinypic.com/24ffx29.gif

baste04

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 20
« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2009, 04:00:46 am »
Freddie Aguilar sa SNN

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8kq6LaeMFs[/youtube]

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
« Reply #111 on: July 11, 2009, 07:17:16 am »
docalbert ay si horsedick.mpeg

Yun lang masasabi ko. Sana maunawaan niyo siya.

nald

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 0
  • The
« Reply #112 on: July 11, 2009, 03:28:04 pm »
at least di ba daming bumisita sa kanyang blog....

para sumikat din... 
The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.

budiluv

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 9
« Reply #113 on: July 11, 2009, 10:05:06 pm »
if you read his Interview carefully on PEP magazine tinanggihan nya yung offer sa kanya na contract correct na lang kung mali ako. Means kung sakaling nagtrabaho si ka Freddie  sa US at tinanggap yung offer tyak International hall of famer sya sa music or isa na sya sa pinagmamalaki natin ngayon

Actually walang katiyakan na kung tinanggap ni Ka Freddie ang offer ng mga Kano, superstar na siya sa buong mundo ngayon. Kahit gumastos ng milyun-milyon para sa promotion niya ang record label eh nasa public pa rin ang may huling salita kung tatangkilikin ba nila ito. Si Carly Smithson, dating American Idol finalist, ay ini-launch na dati ng MCA Records at binigyan ng todo-todong promotion pero wala pang sampung libo ang nabenta ng CD niya kaya't sumali na lamang siya sa American Idol. At mismong si Taylor Hicks, na nanalo na sa American Idol, eh hindi umabot man lang ng platinum ang benta ng album niya. Kaya't puro drawing lang ang sabi ni Ka Freddie na kung itinuloy niya ang offer sa kanya eh lampaso sa kanya ang mga tiga-Nashville.

Sirang-sira na talaga siya sa mga Pinoy lalo na ng tinanong siya kung papayag ba siyang awitin ang Lupang Hinirang kapag naimbitahan siya. Ang sagot niya: Bayaran muna nila ang mataas kong talent fee!

Iyan ba ang Pinoy na dapat natin ipagmalaki???

juan pablo

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 25
« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2009, 10:15:45 pm »
@doc
ano ba ang considered mo na original filipino music? ano ang ibig mong sabihin by being innovative? cite examples para meron basehan kung ano para sayo ang dapat standard at quality ng filipino music. Bakit singled out sila Arnel and Charice? (As I have said hindi ako fan pero I do not find any reason to belittle their achievements). Are you serious sa comment mo na si Apl De Ap ang binibigay mo na example as someone to be proud of internationally sa music industry? (ibig sabihin pasok sha sa basehan mo ng standard at quality ng filipino music?)

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
« Reply #115 on: July 11, 2009, 10:38:09 pm »
AFAIK sa music industry medyo kulelat ang pinoy sa international kung meron siguro paki-sabi na lang except kay apl

apl de ap - kung pakikingan mo yung mga album nila may nakasingit na tagalog music

almost 7.5 million albums sold worldwide

sa 7.5M na album assume 1:1000 or 1:10,000 ang makikinig sa tagalog music kahit foreigner sya and fanatics will study his profile at malalaman nila na galing sya sa Pinas

unlike some industry kapag sinabi ang ganitong pangalan alam na alam nila

si charice at arnel lang ang medyo naka-aabot sa International fame  kaya single-out ni doc therefore para ma maintain yung fame they need to evolve or else parang wala lang parang isang fairy tale na once upon a time naging singer sila. kapag wala na sila doon dun ba tayo manghihinayang???

hindi naman problema ang original composition kahit na hindi sila compositor maraming talented pinoy composer dyan na hindi lang nabibigyan ng break. they can use that 

juan pablo

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 25
« Reply #116 on: July 11, 2009, 11:22:15 pm »
@idiot
I can see your point kung kay Charice apply yung Filipino composers since solo artist sha, although sa pag kakaalam ko sa industry ng music, bihira ang nakaka command ng sarili nilang genre or style of music unless established na talaga ang name ng artist, for all we know mas malaki ang creative control ng manager ni Charice keysa kay Charice mismo. Yung kay Arnel naman, marami na nagsabi kinuha sha ng Journey for his voice and not his talent to write, and hindi din mag aapply yung ibang Filipino composers unless magustuhan mismo ng Journey yung composition na yun. Pwera nalang kung mag solo artist si Arnel which he might do in the future pero as of now I don't think na meron shang malaking creative control sa songs ng Journey.

geizmoh

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 3
« Reply #117 on: July 12, 2009, 01:02:23 am »
@IDiot

Sino sa atin ang makakaverify nyan kung totoo mang may offer nga sa kanya ang mga kano nuon.Kahit pa ako interbyuhin pede ko naman sabihin din yan wag lang ako mapahiya hindi na naman maveverify pa yan. and one thing siguro kaya nya tinaggihan if ever eh di naman talaga nya kaya or wala sya guts..

talking of his out of place patriotism eh bakit nya pina translate sa english version ang ibang mga kanta nya like 'anak"?kung well according to him eh gusto nya promote ang filipino languange sa global community. why wear US signatured clothes kung very patriot ka.especially wearing cowboy hats when in fact we are not western descendants. bakit ung anak nya si maegan eh wala sya nagawa sa career. kung malakas siya at may amor sa mga foreign entertainment producers
dapat cguro nagamit nya ung implwensya nya as legendary artist to give break sa kanyang anak. yabang na lang ng pagtanda at inggit ang umiral sa kanya. I dont think he can make a long run sa career nya sa US. sa SAUDI pede pa.

hindi naman talaga everlasting ang kasikatan nila kung puro imitation ang gawin hahayaan ba natin na puro imitation ang gawin nila kase yung ang gusto nyo. the threadstarter wants na maging everlasting yung fame nila na tumatak sa international music industry or even sa history ng pinas na may legendary musician tayo.

KAYA NGA so ngaun pa lang pababagsakin natin sila. to tell them na mali sila at alam ng TS at ni KA freddie ang pinaka best na gawin.  Typical na "Dapat ganito, Dapat ganun"pero pag sila na ang gagawa di naman nila kayang gawin.   Sila naman po eh nagtatrabaho lang in the first place.Ung ginagawa nila eh hinihinge ng pagkakataon And part ng trabaho nila ung kumanta ng mga piece na napasikat na nuon pa pero with different pitch different delivery and singing style.which to me eh di ko kinoconsider na imitation but rather innovation na din, kasi inaadapt nila sa bagong henerasyon ng mga nakikinig. ( Si Mariah carrey ba or si whitney houston eh wala bang kinopyang kanta nun sumisikat pa lang sila?remeber the songs of dolly parton.)Sa totoo lang wala man lang isa sa kanila ang nakasigurado nun una na makikilala sila globaly. it just came along na lang  through their dedication, talent and will sa trabaho nila eh nakilala at na appreciate sila ng ibang lahi .sabi nga sa unang comments swak na swak ung luto nila ng "ADOBO". And since nandyan na sila sa tuktok ng pagkilala eh lets empower them more so that through them they can build and gain RESPECT para sa lahi natin and prove to them that we are not below the food chain pagdating sa entertainment industry. Yun lang naman eh. kung gusto natin irespeto tau ng ibang lahi dapat matuto muna tau iappreciate ang sarili natin. unless your not a pure blood filipino talagang kahit anung gawin at reaksyon natin eh di nla tau fully maiintindihan.

marteniko

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 13
  • THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE
« Reply #118 on: July 12, 2009, 10:14:16 pm »
Actually walang katiyakan na kung tinanggap ni Ka Freddie ang offer ng mga Kano, superstar na siya sa buong mundo ngayon. Kahit gumastos ng milyun-milyon para sa promotion niya ang record label eh nasa public pa rin ang may huling salita kung tatangkilikin ba nila ito. Si Carly Smithson, dating American Idol finalist, ay ini-launch na dati ng MCA Records at binigyan ng todo-todong promotion pero wala pang sampung libo ang nabenta ng CD niya kaya't sumali na lamang siya sa American Idol. At mismong si Taylor Hicks, na nanalo na sa American Idol, eh hindi umabot man lang ng platinum ang benta ng album niya. Kaya't puro drawing lang ang sabi ni Ka Freddie na kung itinuloy niya ang offer sa kanya eh lampaso sa kanya ang mga tiga-Nashville.

Sirang-sira na talaga siya sa mga Pinoy lalo na ng tinanong siya kung papayag ba siyang awitin ang Lupang Hinirang kapag naimbitahan siya. Ang sagot niya: Bayaran muna nila ang mataas kong talent fee!

Iyan ba ang Pinoy na dapat natin ipagmalaki???

Sus, si Freddie Aguilar? E wala namang kadeli-delekadesa sa katawan yang tao na yan e. Ubod ng hambog. Ayaw nya yung napapatungan ang pato nya. Yan ang eksaktong halimbawa ng utak talangka. Hindi ko lang matandaan kung saan nakakuha ng award si Jose Mari Chan, pero nag-react si Freddie na dapat sya yung unang nagkaroon ng ganoong award.  Hindi ko lang matandaan kung anong award, si Bro Eromaniac siguro baka alam, malaki ang connection nyan sa music e. Kung itinuloy ko lang yung pangarap kong maging singer taob sa akin yan. Pinigil lang ako ng lola ko kasi tuwing magpa-praktis ako nababasag yung banga sa amin e.  ;D
I only stop wiping when i barely see the brown line....

http://i45.tinypic.com/24ffx29.gif

budiluv

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 9
« Reply #119 on: July 12, 2009, 11:47:50 pm »
^^Siguro yun award na tinutukoy mo ay yun DIAMOND PLATINUM award ni Joe Mari Chan. Noong araw kasi, ang katumbas ng platinum award ay 100,000 copies sold. Yun "Constant Change" album kasi ni Joe Mari Chan ang kauna-unahang plaka na na-certify ng PARI na nakaabot sa 10x platinum. Ang ibig sabihin ay naka-1 Million copies sold ang album niya.

darcknight

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2009, 12:37:41 am »
this is my second reply to all of this...arnel pineda auditioned to be with the band JOURNEY, THEY are looking for A singer to most obious reason "would AT LEAST sound like pareng Steve Perry" imagine Arnel Pineda sounding like Diomedes Maturan or Freddie Aguilar...Journey would have look for an African American and they would be thrilled or even PROUD about it...
in Charice's case bata pa yung tao marami pa itong mararating...no need to rush...
THE SPADE IS THE SWORD OF JUSTICE, ITS RAPIER MARKS THE END

DjDaveTrance

• "A real man gives up one night stands, for a woman he can't stand one night without"
  • Regional: Cebu
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 270
  • Pioneer/VIP/Staff/Moderator
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2009, 02:32:26 am »
this is my second reply to all of this...arnel pineda auditioned to be with the band JOURNEY, THEY are looking for A singer to most obious reason "would AT LEAST sound like pareng Steve Perry" imagine Arnel Pineda sounding like Diomedes Maturan or Freddie Aguilar...Journey would have look for an African American and they would be thrilled or even PROUD about it...
in Charice's case bata pa yung tao marami pa itong mararating...no need to rush...

Just wanna contradict sa naka bold text. Hindi po si Arnel Pineda nag Audition sa Journey. I saw a documentary before regarding the Arnel Pineda., Yes you are right they are looking for a singer that sounds like Steve Perry and it happen they saw Arnel Pineda in Youtube who sang one of the songs of Journey at yun ang mismong Member and Manager ng Journey pa ang nag Contact mismo sa Nagupload ng video sa Youtube para ma contact din si Arnel Pineda and the rest is history!

Hindi po nag Audition si Arnel Pineda sa Journey Band.
 ::inposition

budiluv

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 9
« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2009, 02:47:20 am »
Technically, nag-audition pa rin siya dahil ng pumunta siya sa America para humarap sa unang beses kay Neil Schon, pinakanta pa rin naman siya. Kumbaga stepping stone niya yun YouTube pero kinailangan pa rin niyang patunayan ang sarili niya sa meeting nila ni Neil.

hoy

• mgzenGD
  • Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
    • Search Prettys Womans in your town for night
« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2009, 03:28:09 am »
i disagree na sinasabi na kelangan ng originality para "gumanda" and "tangkilikin" ka.

lets say ayan si freddie aguilar na napaka original pinoy music diba
pero anong generation na ba ngayon? 19 kopong kopong pa ata yan at ang makaka appreciate lang nyan
eh panay tatay nanay lolo lola ko.

now baguhin naten. gawin nateng INNOVATION. yan si charice merong sariling style. innovate nya yung mga remake nya. innovation and being fresh = mabenta.

originality eh hndi lang naman puro kapinoyan gagawin mo o tagalog kakantahin mo. tunog kampana, tunog april boy, tunog freddie (if yun yung meaning mo ng original then, parang gaya na kasi may pinanggalingan rin yun).

yung kay pineda naman, wala xa choice kasi singer xa ng journey. tignan mo naman yung vocal range nya eh parang mas magaling pa xa dun sa original vox ng journey. big break nya na yung napunta xa sa journey and siguro someday makaka gawa na rin sya and perform ng sarili nyang kanta.

ang point ko lang eh... yung sinasabi nyong "orig" eh tapos na. kelangan tayong mag evolve and innovate para makasabay sa times ngayon. tignan nyo si ogie alcasid. he's very innovative. tagal na nya sa business kasi open minded xa. and original in his own sense.

budiluv

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 9
« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2009, 03:50:56 am »
http://www.stir.ph/LM/articles~level2/id-1247452096612_4/ai-null/Freddies_monkey_business.html

Freddie’s monkey business
by: Edgar O. Cruz | STIR Editor (Chief Agitator)
13 Jul 2009 | 10:33 AM

STIR thinks Freddie Aguilar calling Regine Velasquez and Charice as monkeys and referring to Gary Valenciano as a Michael Jackson imitator show lack of understanding about the issue. For sure, they were intended to call attention to himself and his newly opened Ka Freddie’s Music Bar and Restaurant.

Gary and Arnel Pineda—even if Freddie did not refer to him as such—were correct in reacting to Freddie’s putdown. It was also correct Regine and Charice did not react as it would have dignified Freddie’s accusation.

It was never proven Mariah Carey referred to Pinoy singers as “monkeys” or “brown monkeys.” If Freddie’s definition of monkey is imitating the songs of other singers, not only Pinoy singers are monkeys but most singers, from Elvis Presley to the Beatles. Imitation comes in many forms, not only doing the songs of other artists.

Imitation is popular music is the topic of my book, “The Beatles: Extraordinary Plagiarists.” It traces how the Beatles started copying the songs of Black American artists. I called them not as monkeys but as White Negroes. White Negroes are White singers who imitate Black singers.

Freddie is known to be an outspoken person. He speaks his mind which makes him not a Pinoy type. But is he really serious in suggesting Charice should have done a Pinoy song at Oprah Winfrey’s show? If she did, Charice would have not mattered to Oprah’s global audience.

Perhaps he wanted Charice to do Pilita Corales’ “Dahil Sa “Yo” instead of Whitney Houston’s “I Have Nothing?” Funny suggestion! It was necessary for Charice to do a familiar English hit song so identification that she’s world class at her young age could be established fast.

Singers do other singers’ materials not to imitate but as a matter of convenience. Many start doing it that way because they are available materials they could start with. They have a tendency to interpret them in the manner of the original singer’s style. But that’s understandable. Didn’t Nat King Cole sing “Dahil Sa Yo” when he was already a made singer during a concert in the Philippines?

As you can see, singers have different reasons of their own in doing other singers’ materials. Freddie was wrong in making an issue out of Regine, Charice and Gary’s cases. Not all singers have the talent of composing their songs like him but even he used other artist’s materials. Didn’t he copy “Bayan Ko” from Florante? What’s the big deal?

In a globalized and multi-cultural world, mixing of cultures cannot be avoided. We have adapted a borderless mind and anything in between are considered as mindset. There are no longer “pure” artists and being nationalistic such as what Freddie desires is considered as ethnicity. In other words, Freddie’s mindset is outmoded.

Having called attention to himself and his Ka Freddie’s Music Bar and Restaurant, it looks more like monkey business for Freddie Aguilar.