Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Pregnant woman in UK faces death penalty  (Read 1649 times)

Paprika

• Melodramatic Fool
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Boy Haiku
Pregnant woman in UK faces death penalty
« on: May 04, 2009, 10:30:31 am »
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain said Saturday it would raise the case of a pregnant British woman, who faces the death penalty in Laos if convicted of drug smuggling, when its foreign minister meets the Laotian deputy prime minister next week.
Britain would do what it could to ensure Samantha Orobator, 20, would not face the death penalty if found guilty at the upcoming trial and provide consular help so she received good legal assistance, Foreign Minister Bill Rammell said.
"The British government is opposed to the use of the death penalty in all circumstances," Rammell said in a statement, ahead of Thursday's meeting in London.
"We have made the Laos authorities aware of this at the highest levels in Samantha's case, as we do in all cases where a British national faces charges that carry the death penalty or has been sentenced to death."
Orobator from south London was arrested at Wattay Airport in August last year accused of smuggling heroin into the country, the Foreign Office said.
British legal charity Reprieve said she was carrying 0.6 kg (1.3lbs) of the drug, an amount that exceeded the statutory minimum for the death penalty in Laos.
Reprieve says Orobator, who fell pregnant in December while in prison, faced a hastily-arranged trial next week and if found guilty, a death sentence.
"By scheduling her trial for next week, the Laos court has made it impossible for any lawyer to prepare an adequate defence," the group said in a statement.
"If convicted next week, Samantha would face death by firing squad. Samantha is severely distressed, and Reprieve has grave concerns for her health and that of her unborn child."

Ano sa tingin niyo? I, for one, do not condone what she did pero a death penalty na may kasamang bata?  ???
I know a word that starts with F and ends in UCK. Firetruck.

vaynard

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 11
    • codeofconflict
Re: Pregnant woman in UK faces death penalty
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 11:10:46 am »
I agree with you sir. Wala naman kasalanan yung bata eh. Bakit idadamay?

Chazy_Chaz

• " Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, We must do."
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
  • Whats happenin?
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 12:32:09 pm »
Firing squad??

Whoah!

Kawawa naman nga yung baby, tsk tsk...

"So give me reason to prove me wrong, to wash this memory clean,
Let the floods cross the distance in your eyes!!"

solmyr

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 0
  • Rockman!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 03:23:04 pm »
Onga. Panigurado aaklas na naman ang mga Human Rights advocates nito. Tsktsktsk. Sana man lang ipagbuntis pa muna nila yun babae. Pero i doubt na mabubuntis siya dahil sa stress na nadarama niya.

laces522

• KEEP IT NAUGHTY NOT TRASHY BUT NASTY!
  • Certified SpyGirl
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 27
  • Be wary cause i am a feline..sly,foxy and cunning!
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 05:11:24 pm »
something that caught my eye on this article is the fact that the woman fell pregnant while in prison......di kaya sinadya nya magpabuntis para gumaan ung sentence nya??Just a thought.....

rydhel1016

• Be Without Fear in the Face of Your Enemies. Be Brave and Upright that God May Love Thee. Speak the Truth Even if it leads to Your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is our oath.
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 2
    • Sexy Friendster Girls
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 05:43:06 pm »
They'll have to schedule the execution after giving birth, hays. Bat kaya may mga bansa na brutal pa rin ang medium of death penalty.

comsci24

• Regional: America-Canada
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 7
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 06:28:14 pm »
after nanganak tska na sya patayin! ganun kadali.
http://i48.tinypic.com/2hwz1jn.jpg
Read new signature rule -- support@espiya.net

kakashi915

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 01:29:28 am »
unique!