Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Kobe Bryant 24 vs. Michael Jordan 23  (Read 9110 times)

frigate

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 5
Re: Kobe Bryant 24 vs. Michael Jordan 23
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2009, 07:38:42 am »
makisawsaw na rin ako im a die hard bulls fan during jordan/pippen era i collected videos(game videos esp classic bulls battles), magazines, clips etc. so obviously ill go for mj.  

i think there is no kobe if there is no mj, look at kobe's game almost 70% of his moves were copied from mj so may blueprint na sya.  unlike mj when he was playing, nobody moves like that before him so he really invented the beautiful left and right pump fake then fade away shot. business man naman si mj eh sana pina patent nya yun he he he.

also i think kobe is really after on all mj's record he plays for the record like the recent madison garden record obviously he's record hungry.  unlike mj it just comes to him naturally he plays the game to win and not to break any record that's the beauty of his game hindi pilit.  

look at kobe kahit sa jersey number gusto nya lamang sya kay mj......kobe-24 > mj-23,   usa jersey kobe-10 > mj-9......thats how athlete thinks nowadays.  sure he can surpass some of mj's record but .... does he play the game the way it used to?  is he playing to win games for the team or for himself?

vahnmarvin

• Banned - Terms Violation
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2009, 08:21:38 am »
PRE GREATEST TLGA?..LOL

Master Dave

• Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 153
  • Master of none
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2009, 08:58:52 am »
kobe is arguably more skilled and more athletic than mike.. but greatness? no one can match his airness.. toast::

with today's opponents will michael jordan be the same as michael jordan back then?

para sakin jordan was the standard back then.. and now the players have stepped up the game to a whole new level..

with today's rules under the basket, MJ could average 50 points per game, half of it from free throws.. :D

kurugu

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 11
  • i hate myself, i want to die
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2009, 10:59:33 am »
I'm a jordan fan, nung nagretired nga sya nawala talaga ang hilig ko sa panunuod ng NBA(pag finals na lang). Wala pa ko nakikita sa ngayon na yung tipong kapag naiwanan mong open ay mga 90 percent na pasok yung bola. May tatapat din ke MJ, kaya lang inde pa ngayon...bk inde pa nga siguro sya pinapanganak.  toast::   

zee

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2009, 11:05:25 am »
Still no one can beat Jordan
dahil may Jordan to Pippen and that is teamwork

but to Kobe- he only thinks himself kaya hindi sya appealing sa mga fans
sugapa sa bola, Kobe to Kobe

kung may stockton to malone
may Jordan to Pippen
May Kobe to Kobe

have to agree with this dupang nga siya...napanood nyo ba yung brunch ng NBA legends nung all star?nandun si chris tucker tapos nagpapatawa siya...hindi ko malimutan sabi nya "yesterday we were having lunch and Lebron James was there, Chris Paul, and also Kobe. I asked him to pass the salt and Kobe said I'm not gonna pass the salt why should i pass the salt?I'm Kobe Bryant"

wahahaha tawa ako ng tawa...pero para sakin MJ talaga kasi nga he's a more complete player

juan pablo

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 25
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2009, 12:12:01 pm »
Mejo agree ako kay Master Dave, sa akin kasi mga 40+ lang siguro ang average ni MJ kung base natin sa rules ngayon hehe kung papanoorin kasi natin ung series with knicks and pistons noon walang comparison kung gaano ka brutal ang mga foul noon, sa mga foul noon sigurado most of it suspendido player or ejected agad kung gagawin mo ngayon. Some examples, ung famous clothesline ni starks kay pippen nung pa drive sha sa basket, ung paghila pababa ni ewing yata un nung pa dunk na si mj sa detroit alam naman nating lahat kung paano sila maglaro dati kaya nga nabansagang bad boys hehe. Also, classy ang dating ni mj siguro dahil sa dami ng modeling gigs nya  :D pero nag tratrash talk pa din sha, lagi pinalalabas dati ung clip na un eh, ung trash talk nya si lindesy hunter, parang sabi nya i'll give you the shot, come on take it, pero hindi pinasa ni hunter, may pahabol pa si mj na you dont want it?  ;D

chocho_qta

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2009, 12:27:05 pm »
kobe is arguably more skilled and more athletic than mike.. but greatness? no one can match his airness.. toast::

with today's rules under the basket, MJ could average 50 points per game, half of it from free throws.. :D

I would have to agree with this. One major rule change I have in mind is hand check. If the hand check rule was implemented during the Detroit-Bulls series, he would've gone for over 50 or even 60, most of them from the free throw line.

Well he did score a lot of 50 & 60 point games but if hand check rule was implemented back then, a lot of players would've been ejected or suspended at the most.

Jordan? I think he has a very good shot at chasing Chamberlain's record of 100 points had that been implemented years ago.

In my opinion, those who have a better scope of understanding this matter are those who actually saw Jordan play during his early & prime days, then compare it to Kobe during his early & prime days.

With all due respect to Kobe & his fans, I still say Kobe will never ever surpass Jordan. I'd have to agree when someone said it here that Jordan has more class act compared to Kobe.

This goes without saying that Jordan was a saint coz he did have a lot of bones in his closet. Does gambling sound familiar for Jordan?

As far as trash talking is concerned, I have seen Jordan do A LOT of it. Most of time, he usually psychs out his opponents.

This is not to say I minimize Kobe's mad skills & achievements but comparing Kobe to Jordan is ridiculous. Almost ludicrous I might add.

I understand there are hordes of die hard Kobe fans here but to compare a great player against a "demigod" of basketball is just utter nonsense.  smoking::

kikoyzki

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 2
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2009, 06:50:21 pm »
 toast::

MJ23 No.1 sya...Pinakamagaling...

Pero wala sya kung wala rin si SP33 (Scottie Pippen)...

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2009, 08:17:55 pm »
Having different set of rules change nothing. I mean everyone plays under those rules. At the end of the day its all fair. Plus the fact that you could only speculate how one would do and after a million scenarios there would still be a billion more. Doesn't end anything.

I wouldn't really start comparing the two unless Kobe Bryant has been offered 20 million dollars to play in a baseball club or any sport other than basketball.

Seriously, its all about the team. And at this point of Kobe's career, no one likes him. Even his now best supporter, Phil Jackson, once walked out and declared Kobe un-coachable. Then again, the Hall of Fame coach couldn't walk away from a big contract.

All Roads Lead to Espiya's Resident Genius, 123kid123.

Mods, mods! Help! I just got owned! - multimillion dollar man

I do have followers. They post everywhere I post. Do you?

alexchio9

• 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2009, 09:04:09 pm »
MJ is better than KB, kung ang globo ay modelo ng mundo, si MJ nman ang modelo ng lsrong basketball finger4u finger4u finger4u finger4u finger4u finger4u finger4u finger4u finger4u finger4u finger4u finger4u finger4u finger4u finger4u finger4u
AN OFFER CAN'T REFUSE....

miyabi2

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 49
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2009, 10:11:37 pm »
Mejo agree ako kay Master Dave, sa akin kasi mga 40+ lang siguro ang average ni MJ kung base natin sa rules ngayon hehe kung papanoorin kasi natin ung series with knicks and pistons noon walang comparison kung gaano ka brutal ang mga foul noon, sa mga foul noon sigurado most of it suspendido player or ejected agad kung gagawin mo ngayon. Some examples, ung famous clothesline ni starks kay pippen nung pa drive sha sa basket, ung paghila pababa ni ewing yata un nung pa dunk na si mj sa detroit alam naman nating lahat kung paano sila maglaro dati kaya nga nabansagang bad boys hehe. Also, classy ang dating ni mj siguro dahil sa dami ng modeling gigs nya  :D pero nag tratrash talk pa din sha, lagi pinalalabas dati ung clip na un eh, ung trash talk nya si lindesy hunter, parang sabi nya i'll give you the shot, come on take it, pero hindi pinasa ni hunter, may pahabol pa si mj na you dont want it?  ;D

masyadong dikit  ang depensa nung time ni MJ , nung nag retired sya binago nila ang rules kasi bihira na ang players na nakaka score ng 30+  at masyadong mababa ang scoring average ng mga teams , halos walang maka 100+ points.
Kaya kung naglalaro na si Kobe nung time na yun malamang 16 pts . per game lang average nya  :D

Tignan nyo nalang si SHAQ , lumakas lang sya ng todo nung year 2000 na , samantalang 1992 pa sya pumasok ng NBA

® A*S*E*R*O ™

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
  • LIGHTS... CAMERA... SHOW TIME...
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2009, 10:21:49 pm »
masyadong dikit  ang depensa nung time ni MJ , nung nag retired sya binago nila ang rules kasi bihira na ang players na nakaka score ng 30+  at masyadong mababa ang scoring average ng mga teams , halos walang maka 100+ points.
Kaya kung naglalaro na si Kobe nung time na yun malamang 16 pts . per game lang average nya  :D

Tignan nyo nalang si SHAQ , lumakas lang sya ng todo nung year 2000 na , samantalang 1992 pa sya pumasok ng NBA

additional info pa rin bro.. grabe ang defense kasi nun... halos lahat ng team DEFENSIVE MINDED... lalo na mga teams dadaan sa mga kamay ng BAD BOYS (THE DETROIT PISTONS) sina LAIMBER, RODMAN, THOMAS at sa ka yung kapahunan ng KNICKS na sina EWING, OAKLEY

monkey d luffy

• GearThird
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 0
  • eslupmi d rorepme
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2009, 10:24:58 pm »
ito yung isa sa mga tanong na hindi na kailangan sagutin  toast::
A man never needs a reason to wear a suit

juan pablo

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 25
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2009, 10:27:26 pm »
Having different set of rules change nothing. I mean everyone plays under those rules. At the end of the day its all fair. Plus the fact that you could only speculate how one would do and after a million scenarios there would still be a billion more. Doesn't end anything.

No offense 123kid123, but having different set of rules changes how you use your skill, imagine if in MJ's prime the hand check rule was implemented he would have abused it going to the basket, but it wasn't implemented then so he had to adjust and improve his skill of posting up and his jump shots, particularly his fade away jump shot.

Having different rules then also changed MJ physically, during the Knicks adn Detroit series (particularly Detroit) MJ would always be knocked down by hard fouls because of his physique, he got tired of getting knocked down and put on some weight to endure those hard fouls.

I wouldn't really start comparing the two unless Kobe Bryant has been offered 20 million dollars to play in a baseball club or any sport other than basketball.

Again no offense 123kid123, but having to play baseball or any other sport doesn't have anything to do with their skills as a basketball player, they are being compared by their skills and achievements in basketball not any other sport.

I agree with alexchio9 that MJ is still the global standard in world of basketball and he has been the global standard for some time now, that tells you how great his contributions and achievements in the world of basketball.  toast::

® A*S*E*R*O ™

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2009, 11:19:08 pm »
 ::dontflame ::dontflame

mabuti pa siguro close na lng natin mga bro... or play na lng tayo ng basketball kung sino magaling sa atin...yan ang dapat i-ano natin

hahahhhaa

Asiong Salonga

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 5
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2009, 12:03:01 am »
::dontflame ::dontflame

mabuti pa siguro close na lng natin mga bro... or play na lng tayo ng basketball kung sino magaling sa atin...yan ang dapat i-ano natin

hahahhhaa

bakit naman ipapaclose mo ganda nga ng diskusyon eh?

® A*S*E*R*O ™

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2009, 01:01:01 am »
bakit naman ipapaclose mo ganda nga ng diskusyon eh?

joke lng po ASIONG...

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2009, 02:05:35 am »
Like what was said in this thread, you really can't compare them stat per stat or award per award. Kobe may have the foul rule beside him but he doesn't have the MVP voting. Before, MVP was simply handed to the best player in the top teams. What I'm trying to say, you don't have to have a breakthrough year which is the only basis today. Back to my previous point, there's simply no telling. The closest thing you can argue is how they dominate the field or how they are better compared to players in his own time.

My point in my baseball reference was.. actually nothing. It's just a joke but I think you didn't get it so that leaves me to pretend it wasn't and make up an explanation when I have the time. So I'll leave you some words and you could try to put them together and if you can't, simply turn on your bat signal. Skill > Market/Public interest > Boom.

All Roads Lead to Espiya's Resident Genius, 123kid123.

Mods, mods! Help! I just got owned! - multimillion dollar man

I do have followers. They post everywhere I post. Do you?

juan pablo

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 25
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2009, 02:55:29 am »
I'm with you in saying there is no real gauge that you can compare them accurately unless you can somehow let them play one on one at both their primes which is impossible (as far as I know  ;D). What I am saying is for the sake of the topic the most accurate gauge that you can compare both of them would be achievements and accomplishments in basketball, you can only compare them from their stats, it may not be that accurate but at the same time it gives you a picture of what they were capable of during their prime.

Also Kobe has an MVP, MVP award should go to the player who has done the most for his team and most of the time that entails that you have to have a breakthrough year to be noticed and your team should be winning, it may be a popularity contest because of the voting mechanics but at the same time you have to be playing your best basketball to be even included in the MVP discussion.

As for your baseball reference, my fault for assuming you were serious about it so no need to make up an explanation about it.  toast::

faye_03

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2009, 04:14:37 am »
ganda ng thread..........

sana LBJ at KB n lng ang kinompare...

walang tatalo kay MJ lalo na ung era nila na tlgang NO BLOOD,NO FOUL..

pero bata pa si KB...

let see wat hppens.......

IDOL KO SILANG DALAWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

faye_03

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2009, 04:21:31 am »
saka may SP(Scottie Pippen) si MJ na katuwang

si KB eh wala pa ata.............

Master Dave

• Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 153
  • Master of none
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2009, 06:59:41 am »

because he was the sidekick to Shaq during their championship years.. and now he has Pau, and if the Lakers never got him for a bag of beans, they'll be nothing.. ;D

2 Witness 3

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
    • [URL="http://www.creepygif.com/image.php?i=919"][IMG]http://www.creepygif.com/images/thumb/919.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2009, 07:59:11 am »

Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum, and underated but most important(team) Fisher  those guys are franchise player on given team except for fisher.    Kobe wala pa ata kasi buwaya walang teammate ;D 

Paprika

• Melodramatic Fool
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Boy Haiku
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2009, 08:28:04 am »
Psh.

Ang layo ng comparison. Jordan FTW.
I know a word that starts with F and ends in UCK. Firetruck.

simpleng_espiya

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2009, 12:40:37 pm »
"like mike, i want to be like mike.."   ;D