Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: XBOX360 red ring of doom  (Read 2026 times)

limited22

• GUYSS GIVE LOVE TO GET SEX...GURLS IN THE CONTRARY GIVE SEX TO GET LOVEE............
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma -1
  • L = limited, limitless or LIBOG hahahaha
XBOX360 red ring of doom
« on: July 03, 2008, 03:17:31 am »
bakit ba may ganitong feature ang xbox360 sobrang kalokohan naman to

anong masasabi nyo guys??

kaya parang mas trip ko bumili ng ps3 at wii walang problema sa console

baida

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
Re: XBOX360 red ring of doom
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 05:03:11 am »
sakit ng ulo tlga yang xbox 360... ako nga bumili ako ulit pero ps3 na. kc yung xbox 360 bitin.. sa oras...

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 05:49:13 am »
um its not FEATURE, its a warning and its only purpose is to tell you your 360 is dead... in other words BUY A NEW ONE

kung bitin sa 360 simple lang get a PS3 and a Wii as well
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 05:58:51 am by MasterChief63 »

mtlgr101

• Regional: Central Luzon
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 06:00:35 am »
before buying an xbox360...check when it was manufactured...usually at the back of the console along with the serial number.

if it was made 2008, you are sure that the console is a falcon series.

if its a falcon, you will not experience the dreaded RRL.

b0ler0

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 99
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 09:26:33 am »
Xbox 360s with the Falcon chipset can still suffer 3RL, only, at a lower occurence rate than older models.  My second unit - which was supposed to be the legit, non-modified console for Xbox Live gaming - has the Falcon chipset, and still flashed the 3RL of death after 2 months.

The article below may reveal more about the new generation of 360s...

http://gizmodo.com/346891/new-xbox-360-failure-rates-still-around-10-percent

As a 2-time Xbox 360 owner, the only consolation I can give you is that 3RL isn't as hopeless a case as it once was.  If your unit suffers 3RL, you don't have to throw it away anymore.  The causes for 3RL have been distinguished (save for a couple of isolated incidents as determined by the error code) and reliable repair services have sprouted all over the metropolis.

However, don't bring your 3RL-inflicted unit to Green Hills.  Technicians there don't know what they're doing.  They still rely of obsolete techniques from 2007, which are quick fixes at best.

Instead, try the repair services in the threads provided below.  Read the success stories mentioned in their pages.

http://www.pinoyxbox.com/phpnuke/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=15280&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&PHPSESSID=9f3b12cca7c892db97fb2d95555aeb0a
(This guy repaired my Falcon unit.  So far so good.  Unit was left on overnight by accident.  Still works like a charm.)

http://www.pinoyxbox.com/phpnuke/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10883
(This guy repaired my first unit.  But after 3 months or so, it suffered from 3RL again.  ABout to bring it back to him, but read about people who were waiting for months for their units.)

http://www.pinoyxbox.com/phpnuke/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=15516
(Fantastic service!  Guy knows his stuff.  He repaired my first unit for the second time.  Up to now, it's still working.  Unfortunately, the guy seems to have become inactive in the 360 repair scene.)

I can summarize my Xbox 360 gaming experience like this: if it's new, expect it to break down.  Once it gets repaired, that's when you can start gaming with confidence.

It sucks, yes, but it is what it is.

Smitty Werben Man Jensen

• Once I met this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy...
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 56
  • who knew this guy's cousin!
  • Special Skills: Necromancy
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 09:32:49 am »
anyone heard about the valhalla chipset? dito daw magkasama na yung gpu at cpu sa isang chip. I think it's a good idea kasi pwede magawan ng paraan yung kampupot na main gpu heatsink ng current models.

Pero bago yun tignan natin kung magiging rockstable na paglabas ng jasper models. Dapat isabay na rin yung Mii dun.

limited22

• GUYSS GIVE LOVE TO GET SEX...GURLS IN THE CONTRARY GIVE SEX TO GET LOVEE............
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma -1
  • L = limited, limitless or LIBOG hahahaha
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 10:09:21 am »
all in all XBOX360 SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

baket? d ba dapat in the first place na binili mo sya ehh super long time working condition sya dapat..

then what??? sh!t na red ring of doom yan bakit ka pa nagawa. buti pa ps3 and wii walang problema?? pero kung meron man reply nyo dito gusto ko din malaman (true experience nyo lang po ha wak kuha lang sa net)

MasterChief63

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 12:22:35 pm »
all in all XBOX360 SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

baket? d ba dapat in the first place na binili mo sya ehh super long time working condition sya dapat..

then what??? sh!t na red ring of doom yan bakit ka pa nagawa. buti pa ps3 and wii walang problema?? pero kung meron man reply nyo dito gusto ko din malaman (true experience nyo lang po ha wak kuha lang sa net)

XBOX360 doesnt suck coz of the 3RL, 360s sold after 2008 HAVE 3yr warranties that cover everything including the 3RL after which can be EXTENDED with Microsoft, yung akin i bought last Sept and is a Limited Special edition Halo3 XBOX360 and havent had any problems yet
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 12:24:26 pm by MasterChief63 »

atapulgite

• SpY @gen+
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 22
  • 1 dose para lbm ay tapos!
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 09:01:42 am »
masterchief talong ko lang po kung saan ba makakabili ng xbox360? yung reliable bilhan at yung may warranty pa.

MasterChief63

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 04:44:25 am »
masterchief talong ko lang po kung saan ba makakabili ng xbox360? yung reliable bilhan at yung may warranty pa.

360s na warrantied are those that ARE NOT MODIFIED to play pirated game, and where there is official support for the console... i dnt think meron official support ang 360 or even ang PS3 sa pinas so better buy it outside na ikaw ang may hawak ng resibo and make sure you register it, i usually buy in the US with extended store warranty aside from the manufacturer warranty

negative1

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2008, 05:13:43 am »
the 360 console is designed to fail after sometime hehehe... three red lights on the ring of light it really happens kahit sa elite console.. kaya extended ang warranty for upto three years dahil wala pa talagang solid na resolution for this issue.. and if your console is modified  microsoft's service center will not give it any services anymore...siguro bawasan na lng natin ang gaming hours natin cause these errors on the 360 usually starts with overheating..that's the catch of having kick ass graphics in a very small box.. three red lights usually starts with screen freezing it intermittently happens and after sometime of doing a series of powercycle it eventually will come up with three red lights wherein 3 reds means Hardware Failure yes it is a fatal error for the 360...in countries wherein they have Microsoft service centers they all experience this after months of being repaired or replaced their console will come up with 3 red lights. And they are being compensated if they are doing such repair or replacement for their third time given that your console is not tampered .

Three Red lights = hardware component failure which means its the console itself

One Red Light with error message that starts with the letter E = Hard Drive failure

Both are considered fatal for the 360 console

maybe you guys already know this but
if your console kind of laggs while paying or on the dashboard you can try doing this

go to system >>> memory >>> press Y on hard drive >>> and press these buttons in sequence X,X,Left Bumper (LB) , Right Bumper (RB) , XX   this will perform system maintenance on your'e 360 storage device then press A for yes  , it resolves lagg and screen freezing issue's it helps avoid the system error in multiple languages which results to 3 red lights in the end also Hard Drive failure as well.

maybe i can answer some of your questions for hardware issues or on line connectivity of the xbox 360 thank's

but the 360 doesn't really suck that big xbox live is really great..