Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Laptop ...do's and dont ??  (Read 2701 times)

bulba

• Disc Jockey
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 22
  • ! Dance for Life !
Laptop ...do's and dont ??
« on: June 24, 2007, 12:05:54 pm »
guys any advice of do's and dont ng  laptop ? para 2magal and maintain ng maayos..thanks

;D ;D ;D

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
Re: Laptop ...do's and dont ??
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 12:49:12 pm »
1) use AVR(or any voltage regulating device) when possible
2) avoid leaving/using under direct sunlight
3) use in well ventilated places, BUY a cooling pad that has motorized fans
4) buy a screen protector
5) buy a well padded travel bag/case
6) do not use when eating and using ur hands and foods that have crumbs coz they can get under the KB and get stuck
7) keep away from beverages
8) avoid using outside in extreme cold(specifically icy weather) the environment's cold air and the laptop's heat may cause condensation inside the unit
9) discharge ur self if u have accumulated a static charge when indoors, u have a carpet and u wear socks
10) use an antistatic duster when cleaning ur KB
11) AVOID DROPPING or HAVING HEAVY OBJECTS DROPPED ON IT
12) when placing optical media into the drive support the bottom of the drive tray with ur hand to avoid breaking it
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 12:52:01 pm by xtian63 »

bulba

• Disc Jockey
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 22
  • ! Dance for Life !
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 11:12:19 am »

1) use AVR(or any voltage regulating device) when possible
2) avoid leaving/using under direct sunlight
3) use in well ventilated places, BUY a cooling pad that has motorized fans
4) buy a screen protector
5) buy a well padded travel bag/case
6) do not use when eating and using ur hands and foods that have crumbs coz they can get under the KB and get stuck
7) keep away from beverages
8) avoid using outside in extreme cold(specifically icy weather) the environment's cold air and the laptop's heat may cause condensation inside the unit
9) discharge ur self if u have accumulated a static charge when indoors, u have a carpet and u wear socks
10) use an antistatic duster when cleaning ur KB
11) AVOID DROPPING or HAVING HEAVY OBJECTS DROPPED ON IT
12) when placing optical media into the drive support the bottom of the drive tray with ur hand to avoid breaking it

copy that bro. but i have a question.. wat is cooling pad with motor fan..where can i buy it and what brand is good? plus how much is it..

another thing is how long is the maximum use of a laptop? charging issues ?? 

thanks  bro xtian  toast::!

;D ;D ;D ;D

Kal-El

• The Man of Steel
  • Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
    • The Last Son of Krypton
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 11:27:59 am »

copy that bro. but i have a question.. wat is cooling pad with motor fan..where can i buy it and what brand is good? plus how much is it..

;D ;D ;D ;D

a cooling pad is a considerably thin device made from durable plastic about the size of a laptop that has a cooling fan or two cooling fans. You put this under your laptop to enable better air circulation for your laptop ventilation. I am not sure what brands are circulated there in the Philippines (that is if you are in the Philippines) but prices here in the US varies anywhere from $15-$50.

maximum use of a laptop varies on how you use it. I am assuming you are referring to battery life. But regardless of how you use it, it is advisable that you drain and charge your laptop more often especially the first three battery cycles eventhough manufacturers claim that Li-Ion batteries don't need such a thing anymore.  toast::

« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 11:29:52 am by Kal-El »
"The son becomes the father, and the father becomes the son..."

kwaki

• just plain pinoy who loves sexy beautiful pinays
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
  • PINOYSPY is the BEST among the REST
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 11:56:31 am »
may kulang pa sa sinabi ni pareng xtian63 ........ HUWAG ILAGAY SA ISANG LUGAR NA MADALIN SIYANG NAKAWIN...... hehehehe

bulba

• Disc Jockey
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 22
  • ! Dance for Life !
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 12:40:14 pm »
may kulang pa sa sinabi ni pareng xtian63 ........ HUWAG ILAGAY SA ISANG LUGAR NA MADALIN SIYANG NAKAWIN...... hehehehe

ROGER THAT !  laffman::

rating5::

;D ;D ;D ;D

a cooling pad is a considerably thin device made from durable plastic about the size of a laptop that has a cooling fan or two cooling fans. You put this under your laptop to enable better air circulation for your laptop ventilation. I am not sure what brands are circulated there in the Philippines (that is if you are in the Philippines) but prices here in the US varies anywhere from $15-$50.

maximum use of a laptop varies on how you use it. I am assuming you are referring to battery life. But regardless of how you use it, it is advisable that you drain and charge your laptop more often especially the first three battery cycles eventhough manufacturers claim that Li-Ion batteries don't need such a thing anymore.  toast::

hi im here in phi. can u give me of brands that create quality cooling pads. plus how long can i use my laptop..charge and uncharge..

thanks guys for the tips !

;D ;D ;D

MasterChief63

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 12:47:12 pm »
local prices range from P500 to P3000 and most of them are branded like Brando and CAPDASE,they also vary in size from 15" to 19", and also differ based on functionality coz some  pads also serve as USB port extenders or external batteries themselves, syempre depende sa kailangan mo ung bibilin mo coz the 2k and up isn't for everyone

bulba

• Disc Jockey
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 22
  • ! Dance for Life !
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 12:57:29 pm »
local prices range from P500 to P3000 and most of them are branded like Brando and CAPDASE,they also vary in size from 15" to 19", and also differ based on functionality coz some  pads also serve as USB port extenders or external batteries themselves, syempre depende sa kailangan mo ung bibilin mo coz the 2k and up isn't for everyone

what would you recommend for an average guy bro ???

;D ;D ;D

MasterChief63

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 06:54:53 am »

;D ;D ;D

go for anything between 1k-2k, no need for anything in the 3k area

bulba

• Disc Jockey
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 22
  • ! Dance for Life !
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 07:20:56 am »

;D ;D ;D

bro xtian.. i have seen a cool master cool pad that cost 2k but the problem is the fan is quit slow. is it normal??

plus what is the maximum limit of using a laptop with adapter and with battery only..

thanks for helping me !  toast::

;D ;D ;D

MasterChief63

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 07:38:36 am »

;D ;D ;D

bro xtian.. i have seen a cool master cool pad that cost 2k but the problem is the fan is quit slow. is it normal??

plus what is the maximum limit of using a laptop with adapter and with battery only..

;D ;D ;D

hehe mamili ka sa mga available stock nila which one ang mabilis, kung parepareho ganun lang talaga un kc it was not meant to blow airout like ur electric fan, its just meant to increase airflow and circulation to keep laptops from overheating... REMEMBER these cooling pad fans are usually USB powered so the more powerful the fan the more battery power it will consume

there is actually no differense when using laptops with or without the power plugged in, just make sure u give it rest at regular intervals of atleast n hour's rest per use in an 8hr day, so if u plan on using ur laptop 24 hrs give it atleast 3 hrs rest in an 8hr interval of 1 hr each

bulba

• Disc Jockey
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 22
  • ! Dance for Life !
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 08:03:54 am »

;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D

hehe mamili ka sa mga available stock nila which one ang mabilis, kung parepareho ganun lang talaga un kc it was not meant to blow airout like ur electric fan, its just meant to increase airflow and circulation to keep laptops from overheating... REMEMBER these cooling pad fans are usually USB powered so the more powerful the fan the more battery power it will consume

there is actually no differense when using laptops with or without the power plugged in, just make sure u give it rest at regular intervals of atleast n hour's rest per use in an 8hr day, so if u plan on using ur laptop 24 hrs give it atleast 3 hrs rest in an 8hr interval of 1 hr each

better look in gilmore this weekend.. but is it safe if i dnt buy one ??

;D ;D ;D

MasterChief63

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 08:43:58 am »
its ok not to buy, its up to u, point of getting one is to make sure ur pc dsnt overheat an prolong its lifespan

bulba

• Disc Jockey
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 22
  • ! Dance for Life !
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 10:35:30 am »
its ok not to buy, its up to u, point of getting one is to make sure ur pc dsnt overheat an prolong its lifespan

i get it ! thanks bro!  toast::

;D ;D ;D