Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: imagine if the US PARTICLE CANNON in the pc game GENERALS was real...  (Read 1437 times)

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
Boeing's Advanced Tactical Laser to take out ground targets

Posted Oct 15th 2006 5:12PM by Cyrus Farivar
Filed under: Misc. Gadgets, Transportation From:engadget.com

While ground-based lasers might provide some semblance of security, what any science fiction fan really wants is aircraft-mounted lasers to take out evildoers whilst patrolling the skies. Fortunately for the American military, that day may come sooner than one might think. Late last week, Boeing announced the "first light" of its "high-energy chemical laser in ground tests, achieving two key milestones in the laser gunship development effort." In other words, the new "Advanced Tactical Laser" can pretty much take out anything on the ground (and we assume eventually in the sky as well). The best part? The laser is scalable, "meaning the weapon operator will be able to select the degree and nature of the damage done to a target by choosing a specific aimpoint and laser shot duration. For example, targeting the fuel tank of a vehicle could result in total destruction of the vehicle, while targeting a tire might result in the vehicle stopping without injury to the driver." Now that's freakin' sweet.

tigerwing

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 54
Re: imagine if the US PARTICLE CANNON in the pc game GENERALS was real...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 08:02:36 am »
brod ang alam ko matagal na tong project na toh.. I belive this is part of the so called "star wars" project of the US.. I not sure pro ksama ata sa mga campaign ni bush dati bago sya maging presidente ang i-pursue ito( or was it the other guy? nkalimutan ko pangaln nung kalaban ni bush dati eh...) there was even an animation showing a plane shooting a laser beam to an incoming missile..

« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 08:05:32 am by tigerwing »

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 08:14:02 am »
brod ang alam ko matagal na tong project na toh.. I belive this is part of the so called "star wars" project of the US.. I not sure pro ksama ata sa mga campaign ni bush dati bago sya maging presidente ang i-pursue ito( or was it the other guy? nkalimutan ko pangaln nung kalaban ni bush dati eh...) there was even an animation showing a plane shooting a laser beam to an incoming missile..

correction lang po STARWARS is the Pentagon/US Anti-Missle defense contingency protocol meaning the sole purpose us starwars is for DEFENSE against any missile(either nuclear, chemical or just plain) that have been launched and are targeted on US soil, if u read the article i posted carefully the Advanced tactical laser is for OFFENSIVE purposes for taking out specific targets on the ground or sea either in a small scale of large city scale destruction

US Presidential election
2000=Former US Vice President Al Gore
2004=US Senator John Carrey (winner of 3 purple hearts in the vietnamese war)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 08:33:36 am by xtian63 »

tigerwing

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 54
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 08:31:18 am »
ah ganun po ba yun kala ko kasam din toh dun sa starwars.. so they made it to an offensive weapon as well.. early stage lng siguro ung starwars thingie.. Make sense, why would you develop a weapon for the sole purpose of defense when u can use it to bring hell to your enemies.. so bro any info abt wat this project is called? Anyways.. I dont think that this will replace nukes anytime soon..