Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: A Bible Scholar ,Who is a Muslim ,Wrote about Jesus #fyi  (Read 1582 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
A Bible Scholar ,Who is a Muslim ,Wrote about Jesus #fyi
« on: July 28, 2013, 12:11:41 pm »
-am just reporting and sharing information-

Fox News amazed that a Bible Scholar,Who is a Muslim Wrote about Jesus.

Reza Aslan, a MUSLIM, who holds four degrees, one in the New Testament, is fluent in biblical Greek, and has been studying the Bible for two decades, and just happens to be a Muslim, defends himself against Green's Islamophobia.

"But it begs the question, why you would be interested in the founder of Christianity?" She asks.

"Because it's my job as an academic. I am a professor of religion. It's what I do for a living," Aslan answers.

Green goes on to quote an opinion piece about Aslan's book that attacks him as a Muslim (the piece was published on the Fox News website, btw).

"To be clear, I am a historian. I am a PhD in the history of religions. This is a piece of history," Aslan incredulously responds. "I'm not sure what my faith has to do with my twenty years of academic study... I think it's strange that instead of debating the merits of the book, we're actually discussing the right of the scholar to actually write it."

Espiya Support

• Thanks for using Espiya.net! Your satisfaction is our commitment!
  • Staff Level
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 35
Re: A Bible Scholar ,Who is a Muslim ,Wrote about Jesus #fyi
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 12:15:22 pm »
Unfortunately we have to lock discussions on this news post.

For feedback and info, please contact Support.

Thank you for using Espiya.net

Sorry, but we do not accept PMs to this account. For prompt support, please send an email to: support[at]espiya[dot]net. Thank you. - ADMIN TEAM