Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Beckham's Galaxy to play vs Azkals in Manila  (Read 1969 times)

kobeyaki

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 27
Beckham's Galaxy to play vs Azkals in Manila
« on: October 22, 2011, 03:46:49 am »
Beckham's Galaxy to play vs Azkals in Manila: Bright

MANILA, Philippines - British football superstar David Beckham and the Los Angeles Galaxy will visit Manila for a friendly match against the Philippine Azkals on December 4.

Azkals team coordinator Ace Bright made the announcement on his Twitter account on Saturday night.

"LA Galaxy and Azkals, dec 4 rizal stadium :)," Bright wrote.

Bright's announcement immediately sparked reactions from fans and Azkals team members.

"Is it really true?! Becks in Manila?" tweeted Azkals player Simon Greatwich.

"I'll tell you now, this doesn't happen often so better take your chance on Dec 4th. Some things happen once in a lifetime," said Azkals fan Jaron Genota.

"What a difference 12 months makes. Dec 5th 2010 Philippines 2 Vietnam 0. Dec 4th 2011 David Beckham and LA Galaxy arrive to play in Manila," said former Azkals coach Simon McMenemy.

Promotional tour

The visit to Manila and other Southeast Asian countries in December is part of the LA Galaxy's promotional tour, a report said.

"We're just sorting out sponsors. It's about 80% (confirmed)," the promoter of the tour was quoted in a report posted on Goal.com.

"We are very close in the negotiations. It's at quite an advanced stage. We're negotiating for the whole team, including Beckham," she added.

Beckham, one of the world's highest-paid footballers, helped the Manchester United win the Premier League title six times, the Football Association Cup twice, and the UEFA Champions League in 1999.

He also played for Preston North End, Real Madrid and A.C. Milan before signing up with the LA Galaxy in 2007.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/10/22/11/beckhams-galaxy-play-vs-azkals-manila-bright

gentledog

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 54
Re: Beckham's Galaxy to play vs Azkals in Manila
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 11:44:32 am »
Nice....This would be a big help promoting football to our youth.  :applause :applause :applause :applause :applause

batman217

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 22
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 03:44:01 pm »
Owwss. . . hindi nga. ???

Pero pag natuloy, di ang saya saya (mga football fans). laffman::
'What if I'm not the hero, what if I'm the bad guy'

Adonai

• <3 2 F ur MoM
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 38
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 04:27:22 pm »
You're not your. This not these. It's not its. We're not were.

Thanks Gat J.P. Rizal for the Arsenal shirt. <3

pspyrock

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 47
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 05:52:01 pm »
Pag natuloy ito, malamang matuloy din yung Real Madrid, Fulham and Blackburn next year.

kluverbucy

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 07:38:01 pm »
Wow.. Magandang balita ito.. Same roster sana ng azkals againts Nepal kung matutuloy man ito..

pspyrock

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 47
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 07:14:33 am »
Sana wag naman 10+ - 0 ang score.  ;D

Filipino football fans will get an early Christmas gift when major league soccer team LA Galaxy visits the Philippines for a friendly game against the Philippine Azkals on December 3 at the Rizal Memorial Stadium.

LA Galaxy President Thomas Payne confirmed that the entire Galaxy team, led by football superstar David Beckham, will be in town to play against the Azkals.

"We're looking forward to playing in front of a crowd that's in front of the action. It's gonna be a really memorable night for this community and for the sport of soccer," Payne said.

The friendly game against Galaxy will be a fitting end to a year that saw a rise in football's popularity in the Philippines, thanks in part to the improvement of the Philippine Azkals.

"This will end the year with a big bang," said Azkals team manager Dan Palami. "We thought the convincing win against Nepal was good enough, but here we are with an early Christmas bonus."

Payne believes that the upcoming friendly will only contribute to the popularity of the sport.

"Coming into a market like this, which is going football-crazy as I understand... putting on a game, bringing this kind of PR and media can only be good for the sport in this country," he said.

Aside from Beckham, Filipinos will also get to watch Galaxy stars Landon Donovan and Robbie Keane match up against the Azkals.

The Galaxy players will also conduct a football clinic for the children of Bantay Bata on December 2 at the Rizal Memorial Stadium in an effort to give back to the community.

"We're not coming into your market, playing the game and then leaving. We have zero interest of doing that, that wouldn't be the right thing to do," Payne said. "We're passionate about the children and the kids, and whatever we can do to help give back here."

Palami said the LA Galaxy visit means a lot for Philippine football, especially for the national football team.

"It means that we are now on the radar of high-profile teams. As far as Philippine football is concerned, I'm quite pleased that somehow, we are now being considered as a good place to have a football match in," Palami told abs-cbnNEWS.com.

Ray Jonsson, Dennis Cagara and Jerry Lucena have already indicated that they are willing to play for the friendly, while goal keeper Neil Etheridge may also be available. (I think they should get Muller instead, mas mataas ranking nya kesa kay Etheridge sa FIFA 11  ;D )

Palami is also waiting for the response of Fil-German Stephan Schrock.

read more...
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/10/27/11/beckham-la-galaxy-play-vs-azkals-dec-3

Adonai

• <3 2 F ur MoM
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 38
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 03:43:17 pm »
piprock? nood tayo nina jun and pia!
You're not your. This not these. It's not its. We're not were.

Thanks Gat J.P. Rizal for the Arsenal shirt. <3

The Dark Knight

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 15
  • I think you and I are destined to do this forever.
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 04:08:04 pm »
Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! -clearly i am not into futbol/soccer...:)