Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Do you think PLDT is trying to screw people?  (Read 4626 times)

r3boot

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
Re: Do you think PLDT is trying to screw people?
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2011, 01:43:30 am »
regarding about the said issues....ideally connection can go up to 3Mbps which PLDT is offering their service to consumers, typical consumers will try to get what they paid for which is a human thing (i would be flaming too..if dont get my services that i paid for), anyways without going out of the point, if you were a smart consumer the following factors should have considered.. 1.is this available on my area? factors that may affect services for the area is topography (example..if i were an ISP why would i put a fibre optic connection on an area that is always affected flood, so implementing it on that area would be pretty useless, business side its a loss right away..i hope you get my point.) 2.Technology side.."3Mbps connection" is only achieved in ideal world..i hate to say this but you dont live on that, so having 2+Mbps connection is not too shabby at all, your getting the service that you have paid for. 3. going back to no#2...again technology...what kind of technologies that have been roll out or implemented to support this service?we both know PLDT is a big company but in terms of implementing new technologies they are a bit slow on adapting (great example of that..before there was only 1 telco company here in the philippines, people in other areas tried petitioning or fast track the acquiring of telephone lines..if you would remember they launch a company slogan "zero backlog" they target was to provide telephone lines for the masses..but this never happened, so that were Ayala's came into play by creating GLOBE Telco, when GLOBE came into market they deployed fast in implementing the technologies that's why if you look on the far places of our country theres a telephone line (it doesnt matter wether it's wireless or by regular means) 4. Support, when you sign up for the services you are entitled to have support of course whenever theres is a downtime of your service, the more you get support the better! meaning the provider is on top of the problem regardless it was schedule maintenance or a major disruption of service,by informing you the consumer..your able to plan to minimized the impact of distruption of service to you...

just my two cents...

r3boot

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2011, 01:45:38 am »
regarding about the said issues....ideally connection can go up to 3Mbps which PLDT is offering their service to consumers, typical consumers will try to get what they paid for which is a human thing (i would be flaming too..if dont get my services that i paid for), anyways without going out of the point, if you were a smart consumer the following factors should have considered.. 1.is this available on my area? factors that may affect services for the area is topography (example..if i were an ISP why would i put a fibre optic connection on an area that is always affected by flood, so implementing it on that area would be pretty useless, business side its a loss right away..i hope you get my point.) 2.Technology side.."3Mbps connection" is only achieved in ideal world..i hate to say this but you dont live on that, so having 2+Mbps connection is not too shabby at all, your getting the service that you have paid for. 3. going back to no#2...again technology...what kind of technologies that have been roll out or implemented to support this service?we both know PLDT is a big company but in terms of implementing new technologies they are a bit slow on adapting (great example of that..before there was only 1 telco company here in the philippines, people in other areas tried petitioning or fast track the acquiring of telephone lines..if you would remember they launch a company slogan "zero backlog" they target was to provide telephone lines for the masses..but this never happened, so that were Ayala's came into play by creating GLOBE Telco, when GLOBE came into market they deployed fast in implementing the technologies that's why if you look on the far places of our country theres a telephone line (it doesnt matter wether it's wireless or by regular means) 4. Support, when you sign up for the services you are entitled to have support of course whenever theres is a downtime of your service, the more you get support the better! meaning the provider is on top of the problem regardless it was schedule maintenance or a major disruption of service,by informing you the consumer..your able to plan to minimized the impact of distruption of service to you...

just my two cents...

sadista

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 3
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2011, 02:23:03 am »
Ser depende talaga kung available sa area nyo ung 3mbps. Sa call center kasi ako ng ISP pero AUS, pag hindi available ung speed senyo mag recommend sila ng another speed na pwede. So kung ang nakalagay sa website na 3mps totoo yon for certain areas. Pero kung hindi avail sa area nyo wala kayo magagawa until mag upgrade sila jan.

Kaya dapat pag mag upgrade kayo ng mataas na speed sa PLDT ask nyo muna kung available ba talaga tong speed na to sa area nmin.

The other day ng inquire din ako for plan xcite so sabi sakin ng agent is hindi pa available ung 3mpbs sa area nmin 2mbps lang din. Sabi kasi nila ung luma parin na mga cables or something ung nasa area hindi parin sila nakakapag upgrade.