Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Heart Attack and Aspirin  (Read 1317 times)

laitzu

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 23
Heart Attack and Aspirin
« on: February 01, 2010, 03:18:27 am »
Forewarned is forearmed.

The following info about heart attack was shared by Dr. Virend Somers, a cardiologist from the Mayo Clinic who is lead author of the report in the July 29, 2008 issue of the Journal of the American College of Cardiology

Please read on mga kaespiya. This may saye yours and everbody else's life. 

1. Most heart attacks occur in the day, generally between 6 A.M. and noon, Somers said. Having one during the night, when the heart should be most at rest, means that something unusual happened. Somers and his colleagues have been working for a decade to show that sleep apnea is to blame.

2 If you take an aspirin or a baby aspirin once a day, take it at night. The reason: aspirin has a 24-hour "half-life". therefore, if most heart attacks happen in the wee hours of the morning, the aspirin would be strongest in your system.  FYI, aspirin lasts a really long time in your medicine chest. (when it gets old, it smells like vinegar.)

Added info: Bayer is making crystal aspirin to dissolve instantly on the tongue. They work much faster than the tablets. 

3. There are other symptoms of an heart attack besides the pain on the left arm. One must also be aware of an intense pain on the chin, as well as nausea and lots of sweating, however these symptoms may also occur less frequently.

Note: There may be NO pain in the chest during a heart attack.

4. The majority of people (about 60%) who had a heart attack during their sleep, did not wake up. However, if it occurs, the chest pain may wake you up from your deep sleep. If that happens, immediately dissolve two aspirins in your mouth and swallow them with a bit of water. So it is good that we have aspirin at our bedside.

5. In case of a heart attack, rouse members of your household and say "heart attack!"
    And take a seat on a chair or sofa near the front door, and 
   ~DO NOT lie down~

Get $50 to start/Earn up to $20/day/Earn $5 per referral

b0ler0

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 99
Re: Heart Attack and Aspirin
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 03:34:57 am »
Thanks for sharing that, Laitzu.

I am no doctor, but I have first hand experience when it comes to heart attacks.  My doctor told me that I am, or at least I was, one of the youngest patients admitted in the hospital to have suffered from a heart attack.  Looking back, I think it was my careless lifestyle that did me in.  Chain smoking, irresponsible diet, lack of physical exercise (aside from sex  laffman:: )... all of these contributed to my (near) demise.

That being said, I think there's something wrong about taking Aspirin in the evening, especially if you have a habit of eating early dinners.  Pambutas kasi ng sikmura yang Aspirin.  Pag nagutom ka at may Aspirin ka sa sistema, baka di heart attack ikamatay mo, baka gastro-intestinal cause.   :o

Usually, heart attack survivors are asked to take two blood clot-inhibitors per day: Aspirin in the morning, and clopidogrel in the evening.  The latter is a lot more expensive, but it won't drill a hole on your intestines.  :)

Also, based on experience (whenever I'm remiss on my meds), expect heavy acid refluxes in the morning when you take Aspirin at night.

If you want to take Aspirin in the evening, just make sure that you also take an anti-ulcer medication (I was asked to take Ulsek) to help prtect your stomach.  :D

Again, I'm no doctor, I'm no nurse, and I'm no pharmacist.  Just sharing this based on experience.

laitzu

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 23
Re: Heart Attack and Aspirin
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 04:32:50 am »
sorry to hear that from you brother.. ingat ingat na ha.. parang pabata na ng pabata ang me sakit sa puso ah..kamakailan lang eh dedbol  yung kumpare ko in his mid 30s..ang hilig uminom ng 3 bottles ng beer everyday with matching balut.. tsk tsk..  smoking::

so me mga harmful effects din pala ang aspirin, sorry mga kaespiya, dapat nagresearch din muna ako bago ko ipinost ito.. .. i did made further research and reading about aspirin and heart disease.. at me mga naging debate nga sa pagttake ng aspirin to prevent heart attacks.. and this is what i found.. superceded na ang findings ni Dr. Somers

from WebMD..

Debate Grows on Aspirin for Heart Risk
Study Suggests Risks Outweigh Benefits of Taking Aspirin to Prevent Heart Attacks
By Salynn Boyles
WebMD Health News
Reviewed by Louise Chang, MD

May 28, 2009 -- Daily aspirin therapy is often recommended for otherwise healthy people who are at risk for heart attack or stroke, but a new analysis suggests that aspirin's risks may outweigh it benefits in this population.

It is clear that aspirin therapy is indicated in patients who have had a heart attack or stroke, as well as patients with established heart disease.

There has been much debate, however, about whether aspirin should be routinely recommended for the primary prevention of cardiovascular events in people who do not have heart disease or a history of cardiovascular events, but who have risk factors for such events.

On the benefit side, aspirin therapy has been proven to lower the risk for both primary and secondary heart attacks and non-bleeding-related strokes. On the risk side, its use is also associated with rare but potentially life-threatening gastrointestinal bleeding and strokes caused by bleeding.

more here..
http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/news/20090528/debate-grows-on-aspirin-for-heart-risk

salamat for sharing your experiences brother Bolero  finger4u.. hindi biro biro ang sakit sa puso kaya dapat mag-ingat tayo.. let's adopt a healthy lifestyle mga kaespiya..

Get $50 to start/Earn up to $20/day/Earn $5 per referral