Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Ampatuans behind the murder of key witness’ kin, says Mangudadatu  (Read 1721 times)

Paprika

• Melodramatic Fool
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Boy Haiku
MANILA, Philippines—Buluan Vice Mayor Ismael "Toto" Mangudadatu on Wednesday accused the Ampatuans of being behind the murder of a relative of a key witness in the Maguindanao massacre.

Doc Uling, cousin of Ampatuan town vice mayor Rasul Sangki, was shot dead by unidentified gunmen Tue(s)day. Sangki was the first witness to implicate Datu Unsay Mayor Andal Ampatuan Jr. in the massacre of 57 people in Maguindanao last November 23.

The gunmen also opened fire at the residence of Sangki's uncle, Mohammad, a day after Sangki told the court on January 13 that he saw relatives and supporters of Mangudadatu being hauled away at gunpoint after their convoy was ambushed.

Sangki said Ampatuan had even informed him four days before the massacre of a plan to block the convoy as Mangudadatu's supporters travelled to register him as a candidate to run against Ampatuan in the race to become Maguindanao governor in May elections.

Mangudadatu said the attacks were meant to sow fear and force the witnesses in the gruesome murders to recant their statements against the Ampatuans.

"These are clearly intended to frighten the witnesses thinking some of them will withdraw their statements,” he said.

But Mangudadatu said the latest attacks would not stop him from pursuing his fight against the Ampatuan clan.

Ampatuan has pleaded not guilty to multiple counts of murder over the November attack that stunned the nation and raised questions about the influence of the Ampatuan clan in President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo's government.

The Amp(a)tuan patriarch, Andal Sr., and several other clan members were also arrested after martial law was briefly imposed in Maguindanao and charged with rebellion. No date for their court appearance has been set.

via Inq

Edited for errors. I find our justice system useless if kahit nakakulong na ang mga suspects they are still capable of killing. I mean, what is the scope of their influence? Kagagawan na naman ba ito ng mga baby assassins?
I know a word that starts with F and ends in UCK. Firetruck.

-=Kurabo=-

• Patience is a Virtue but Time is Gold
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 48
  • Kurabo
umpisa na.. unti ng mawawala yan tapos isa isang mauubos witness :o

it ain't over. . .till its over

Blackberry_User

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
me nakakagulat pa ba sa balitang yan?
KILL all the witness and batas ng mga amp-ATUAN na yan  >:(

abusado2

• Brain is everything, without it you're nothing
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 4

Edited for errors. I find our justice system useless if kahit nakakulong na ang mga suspects they are still capable of killing. I mean, what is the scope of their influence? Kagagawan na naman ba ito ng mga baby assassins?

Sir kahit na ang suspect sa Maguindanao Massacre ay nakakulong na they are still capable of giving fear. Masyado pong malaki ang angkan ng ampatuan atsaka po marami po silang mga supporter....
Dont blame me I didnt vote for him...