Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Barbarism in Maguindanao: Ampatuan Political Massacre 11/23/09  (Read 30654 times)

ServantGeneral (SG)

• GoldMember - GS1
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 53
  • Don't stop till you succeed!
  • Special Skills: testskills
Barbarism in Maguindanao: Ampatuan Political Massacre 11/23/09
« on: November 23, 2009, 08:21:35 am »
Shocker of the Year

Maguindanao massacre claims at least 36 lives
http://ph.news.yahoo.com/gma/20091123/tph-maguindanao-massacre-claims-at-least-ce44f36.html

(Updated 7:42 p.m.) At least 36 people, mostly identified with Buluan, Maguindanao vice mayor Datu Ismail "Toto" Mangudadatu and including some media people, were abducted and later killed on Monday by gunmen allegedly led by members of the Ampatuan political clan.

Lt. Col. Romeo Brawner Jr., spokesman of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), said in a local television interview that 21 bodies - 13 female and eight male - have so far been recovered.

The victims were abducted about 10:30 a.m. while on their way to Maguindanao elections office to file a certificate of candidacy (COC) in behalf of Toto, who will run for governor in the province.

The 36 victims were among the more than 50 abducted by the suspects. Some of the victims were women and journalists covering the filing of the COC, according to a report in GMA News' "24 Oras."

"Away politika po ito dahil yung nangyari pong pagdukot sa mga kamag-anak ni (Mangudadatu) by the elements of Mayor Ampatuan, sa ngayon po tinitingnan natin itong anggulo na ito," Brawner said in "24 Oras."

ARMM Governor Datu Zaldy Ampatuan, center, joins Shariff Kabunsuan Congressman Didagen Dilangalen, left, in welcoming President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo upon her arrival at MSU-Maguindanao, Shariff Kabunsuan Province in this photo taken July 21, 2008. Ronald Navarro-PCPO Media men among victims

The National Union of Journalist (NUJP), which condemned the massacre, said the victims included at least 12 journalists. NUJP's Rowena Paraan identified them as Bart Maravilla of Bombo Radyo-Koronadal, Henry Araneta of DZRH-Cotabato, Bong Reblando of the Manila Bulletin, and Neneng Montano of radio station DXCP.

Reports from their chapters in Mindanao also listed the following media persons, whose affiliations were not immediately available, as among the victims: Ian Toblan, Leah Dalmacio, Gina dela Cruz, Marites Cabutas, Joy Duhay, Andy Teodoro, Mac-Mac Areola, and Jimmy Cabillo.

Toto's wife, Genalyn Tiamzon-Mangudadatu, was among those killed, according to Toto himself.

Madaser Mangudadato, assemblyman in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM), said some of the victims were beheaded.

“I cannot give you the exact number of all the dead persons but rest assured merong namatay (some were killed), and according to the information, some of them were beheaded, some of them were shot to death and some of them sinagasaan (were run over by vehicles)," he said.

"Unequaled in history"

Presidential adviser on Mindanao affairs Jesus Dureza said the "gruesome massacre" was "unequaled in recent history."

"Even women and media men were not spared. There must be a total stop to this senseless violence," he said as he recommended the placing of the entire Maguindanao province under a state of emergency.

"Anything less will not work," he said.
In an earlier interview with Radio dzBB, Brawner said the abducted victims included Mayor Mangudadatu's sisters Bai Farinah and Bai Eden Mangudadatu, the incumbent vice mayor of Mangundadatu town, also in Maguindanao province.

Toto said other abducted victims were lawyers Connie Brizuela and Cynthia Oquendo, Rasul Daud, and Faridah Sabdulah, and some 30 journalists. He said the female victims were sexually assaulted. Heinous

"Karumdumal po talaga ang ginawa. Pinagdurog-durog ang ulo at yung mga pantalon nila binaba po, nakausli po yung mga ari ng babae (What they did was really heinous. The heads of the victims were bashed and the females stripped from the waist down)," he said.

Brawner said they were abducted by some 100 men allegedly led by Mayor Datu Unsay Ampatuan and one Police Senior Inspector Dicay of the Shariff Aguak police force.

The NUJP said the "Ampatuan massacre" went beyond the issue of freedom of the press.

"The Ampatuan massacre, which the military has confirmed was perpetrated by Shariff Aguak Mayor Andal Ampatuan Jr. and police Sr. Inspector Dicay, goes beyond the issue of freedom of the press and of expression and strikes at the very foundations of democracy," it said in a statement.

Despite the massacre, Toto said he would continue with his plans for 2010. "Tutuloy po ako (I will push through with my plan) and no one can compel me not to run for governor." - GMANews.TV

More: PNP vows pursuit of cops in Maguindanao massacre
http://politics.inquirer.net/view.php?db=1&article=20091123-237941

At least 21 dead in Philippine 'political massacre'
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5huoIfNMO5zcoZipRU-FP2t5KD-1w

AFP: Maguindanao death toll may reach 43
http://politics.inquirer.net/view.php?db=1&article=20091123-237939

« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 07:46:18 pm by (SG) »
I love Espiya.net. My grandma loves it too!

Erotomania

• Espiya Drummer
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 288
  • i wish i had an angel
    • www.moderndrummer.com
Re: Barbarism in Maguindanao: Buluan Political Massacre 11/23/09
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 08:23:55 am »

now, that is a very sad news.....

hindi ko talaga malaman kung ano gusto ng mga barbarong yan eh....

jpetrucci_02

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 08:33:14 am »
Kulang sa kaparusahan kung papatayin lang ang mga barbarong yan!

Queso

• Chinita Inspector
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 30
  • i ♥ chinita
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 08:40:55 am »

tsk, tsk, tsk.. gagawin talaga lahat para lang manalo..  smoking::

megalomaniac at its best..

::redalert

Dragster

• Ang Espiyang Palaboy
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
  • "come drag with me..."
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 08:45:36 am »
yan ang nagagawa ng mga taong masyadong nasilaw sa kapangyarihan....
it only shows kung gaano ka dumi ang politics d2 sa Pinas...
Gagawin ang lahat para manatili lang sa pwesto...
Headlines pa lang tayo kanina sa CNN for our Kariton School,
ngaun for sure headline na naman tau dahil d2...
Condolence to VM Mangudadatu...
Sana mapatawad cla ng DIYOS...

Zuproc

• 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
  • Travelling is not that expensive. Diskarte lang!
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 08:54:26 am »
Its just so sad that there are pips who are willing to kill for power. Bakit kailangan pang pag agawan ang pulitika. tsk tsk. . >:(

amy2004

• Active - First Star
  • Karma -1
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 09:00:34 am »

Hindi na politika ang nakikita ko sa ngayon I doubt kung may election pa sa Shariff Kabunsuan.
Digmaan na naman ito! Sa tingin ninyo basta na lang papayag ang mga Mangudadatu clan na palagpasin ito?
Ang problema nito both of this clan the Ampatuan's and the Mangundadatu's are very influential clans that the danger of spilling this trouble to other provinces is highly possible. So sad indeed!

Kurimasu

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 111
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 09:08:56 am »
Hay naku, POLITICS... Malamang magkakamaganak din ang mga yan. Nagpapatayan dahil lang sa kapangyarihan...
Dark for fear of failure an inner gloom as wide as an eye and fermenting roiling hate death grip in my veins unveiling rancid petals flowering forth foul nectar the space between a blink and a tear ...death blooms...

neckromancer

• Senator Sayote
  • Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 17
  • Dungeon Master
    • Ang Aking Munting Blog
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 09:27:29 am »
Palagay ko malabo na ang obvious rival niya sa politics ang may kagagawan niyan.

Keep your friends closer.

Ano ang balita ng mga Mindanao spies natin diyan?

SpyDrew

• i run, i row, i climb...
  • Certified SpyGirl
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 09:41:16 am »
grabe dami nasayang na buhay.. >:(
There isnt a day that goes by where I dont at some point think of you.. 😙💋💚 #missingyou

jpetrucci_02

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 11:02:24 am »
Parang one day magiging Iraq tayo..

mahandas

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
  • nyaaaaaaa!!!!!!
    • BASURABOT
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 11:30:23 am »
saw this in the cnn kanina...nakakalungkot isipin na may mga ganyang klase ng tao na kayang pumatay makuha lang ang gusto...
"life is like a dick.when it gets harder, f*ck it"

dirklhems

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
  • magHirap mag isip,mas mahiRAp isipin ang d maisip
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 11:30:38 am »

-----

ALL AMPATUAN CLAN lng nman me kaya na gawin ang mga yan.. ang mag amang ANDAL at ZALDY ang DEMONYO At walang puso na kayang mag massacre ng mga civilians at kahit cnu, kung gusto nila patayin ang tao, prang ipis k lng na aapakan..

F*ck them all..

AH SAD NEWS FOR ME.. COZ im from Maguindanao Province:(

"i have Broken Heart Syndrome"

gkhan

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 15
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2009, 11:38:27 am »
Is this the result of the visit of certain American officials there recently?  That they have to create a very high impact incident to create a justification na wala ng election dun sa area?  There will be a spillover to other areas at baka buong Mindanao na will be declared na state of emergency.  What is to stop people from repeating the same in Luzon and later in the Visayas para buong Pilipinas ay state of emergency and later, wala ng election?

I have written once here before to watch Mindanao coz that will be the flashpoint.  Masyadong nagiging aktibo ang mga Kano sa area na yan and recent events do not hold much promise for peace.  It will be easy for people to blame the other group without having any concrete proof but do we know whether meron third party na gumawa yan para lang pag awayin ang dalawang grupo at palakihin ang gulo?  Baka we are being slowly drawn into the midst of a power game ng mga superpowers dyan.

Collection

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 4
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2009, 12:13:40 pm »
bullSH/T! demonyo!

oponco

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 1
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2009, 12:58:39 pm »
Is this the result of the visit of certain American officials there recently?  That they have to create a very high impact incident to create a justification na wala ng election dun sa area?  There will be a spillover to other areas at baka buong Mindanao na will be declared na state of emergency.  What is to stop people from repeating the same in Luzon and later in the Visayas para buong Pilipinas ay state of emergency and later, wala ng election?

I have written once here before to watch Mindanao coz that will be the flashpoint.  Masyadong nagiging aktibo ang mga Kano sa area na yan and recent events do not hold much promise for peace.  It will be easy for people to blame the other group without having any concrete proof but do we know whether meron third party na gumawa yan para lang pag awayin ang dalawang grupo at palakihin ang gulo?  Baka we are being slowly drawn into the midst of a power game ng mga superpowers dyan.

anong connection ng mga kano sa buluan massacre? political / family rivalry lang naman yan eh bakit sinasabi mo na baka mag spill over? yan ang hirap sa mga hindi taga mindanao eh, di niyo alam kung anong sitwasyon dito. akala niyo peace talks lang etc para masolve ang problema dito. kung nakapunta ka na sa maguindanao, 5th o 6th class municipality lang yan, one of the poorest na mga lalawigan sa buong pilipinas. ok pa nga ang sitwasyon ng mga squatters diyan sa manila kesa dito. hindi naman pagtatanim ang trabaho dito, kanya kanyang tanim para meron kang kakainin o mangisda ka sa ligwasan marsh. yung nangyari sa buluan, political / family rivalry lang yan kc territory tlga ng mga ampatuan ang maguindanao, ang sultan kudarat ay sa mangudadatu.

ibahin niyo ang christian tradition sa muslim tradition. kanya kanyang territory yan kaya nga may mga datu o sultanate. kung peace talks naman ang pag-uusapan, nagkaroon nga ng agreement ang GRP tska MNLF kaya nabuo ang ARMM pero gusto din ng MILF ang ibang agreement. di kc nilalabas sa news pero magkaaway din ang mga muslim dito sa mindanao kc iba2x ang mga tribo. may Iranon, Maguindanaon, Tausug etc. ang MNLF ay kay Misuari at mga Tausug, ang MILF ay sa mga Maguindanaon. yung iba minority lang kaya useless ang peace agreement kasi ayaw naman ng ibang mga tribo na magpa under the saya sa isa pang tribo.

si ampatuan ay kaaway ng MNLF tska MILF kaya nga may mga private army sila. kung di niyo kilala sila ampatuan, sila ang pinaka corrupt at abusadong mga tao dito sa mindanao. talo pa nila ang mga mayayaman sa manila. maghanap ka ng mga pinakamahal na SUV from Cadillac Escalade, Lincoln NAvigator, Hummer etc. meron sila. magkasundo man ang mga muslim at christians dito, pero mas madami talagang t@r@nt@do mga muslim galing sa probinsya. sa davao city nga, di pinapayagan ng mga private subdivisions ang mga muslim na galing probinsya, lalo na yung mga datu etc kasi lagi silang naggugulo. kahit si duterte nga eh, di kaya si Datu Andal Ampatuan Sr. pag pumunta ng davao dala ang sangkatutak na bodyguard eh. kaya nga ang t@ng@ ni Dureza (peace adviser ata ni Gloria), alam niya ang ugali, tradition etc pero patuloy pa din niya ang peace process. kahit may peace agreement pa, wala pa din peace kc mag away2x pa di ang mga ibat ibang tribo. 

walang problema sa Muslim o Christians dito. Kaya nga ang problema  ng mindanao, di na dapat pakialaman ng mga taga Luzon at Visayas. wala nga reklamo ang mga taga rito na hindi tinutulungan ng gobyerno tska ng mga private sectors eh. nung nagka bagyo dyan sa Luzon, yung si Ondoy tska yung isang bagyo, nationwide agad yung pag hingi ng tulong sa mga tv networks. ang taga mindanao, lagi rin naman binabaha mas grabe pa dun sa Ondoy, la naman nakararating na tulong kahit pinalabas na sa TV ah.

oponco

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 1
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2009, 01:00:34 pm »

-----

ALL AMPATUAN CLAN lng nman me kaya na gawin ang mga yan.. ang mag amang ANDAL at ZALDY ang DEMONYO At walang puso na kayang mag massacre ng mga civilians at kahit cnu, kung gusto nila patayin ang tao, prang ipis k lng na aapakan..

F*ck them all..

AH SAD NEWS FOR ME.. COZ im from Maguindanao Province:(

taga Maguindanao ka? muslim ka rin? di na ako marunong mag maguindanaon kay davao na ako lumaki pero parati ako sa SKP.

sweetbayag2

• mahirap labanan ang katamaran, nakakatamad kasi
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 53
    • wag ka makolit, pumpyangen keta jan eh. . . .
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2009, 05:45:24 pm »
hay nako. magugunaw na talaga mundo sa 2012!  >:( >:(
ang pagbabalik http://pickourbricks.com
http://stores.ebay.com/pickourbricks
di nako bastos, negosyante na po ako

JoeBlack

• Suspended
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2009, 06:32:24 pm »
This doesn't happen in Luzon and Visayas. Historically, Mindanao is never been a part of the Philippines. Down there (geographically speaking), the situation is very different that's why it needs a leader that will overlook everything in a local perspective.

Push for super governors in Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.
SUSPENDED 6 MONTHS

tariusp

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2009, 07:02:04 pm »

what da..... pati mga kano idinawit

It will be easy for people to blame the other group without having any concrete proof but do we know whether meron third party na gumawa yan para lang pag awayin ang dalawang grupo at palakihin ang gulo?  Baka we are being slowly drawn into the midst of a power game ng mga superpowers dyan.

so how about your concrete proof na meron ngang third party?

its is clearly being said ng mga nasasangkot n its all about politics and they can even i dentify kung kaninong mga tauhan ung mga dumukot.

and by the way sa tv ang massacre ay nangyari sa AMPATUAN, MAGUINDANAO and not sa BULUAN

alin ang tama ???

ServantGeneral (SG)

• GoldMember - GS1
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 53
  • Don't stop till you succeed!
  • Special Skills: testskills
Re: Barbarism in Maguindanao: Ampatuan Political Massacre 11/23/09
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2009, 07:46:59 pm »
Title changed to Ampatuan. Thanks for correction, tariusp
I love Espiya.net. My grandma loves it too!

Madarame Ikkaku

• Ang Dakilang First Element
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 7
  • I got no intentions of becoming a captain.
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2009, 08:11:54 pm »
@gkhan
 ???

Iba talaga ang mindanao... kaya yung human rights forum na yan hindi yan tatabla dito... who are they to talk about human rights eh hindi naman sila dito nakatira...

normal na na news ang isang ampatuan nadadawit sa murder (allegedly), pero this is a massacre... grabe!

asan na iyong mga diyos ng mga nadamay? don't tell me pagsubok lng to ng diyos sa mga pamilya nila? bullsh!t!
o di kaya test ng diyos sa mga ampatuan na it's an opportunity to change.. bullsh!t!

if we want something done, let's do it ourselves.. don't pray and all that crap!

ang question is meron bang tatayo against sa kanila? kasi ako pinag iisipan ko pa.... wag na lang kaya  ::lmao

I have a knack for delivering bad news.
Religion creates nothing except intangible emotional solace for those who require it.

caloyzkie07

• Akatsuki Member
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2009, 08:34:08 pm »
though it comes not as a shock to us here in mindanao.. but ine expect na talaga namin na gyera na talaga ang mangyayari sa maguindanao... possible nga ma uubusan na naman ng bala ang davao nito..  :(

oponco

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 1
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2009, 09:05:09 pm »
This doesn't happen in Luzon and Visayas. Historically, Mindanao is never been a part of the Philippines. Down there (geographically speaking), the situation is very different that's why it needs a leader that will overlook everything in a local perspective.

Push for super governors in Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.

ngayon ko lang to narinig ah? Mindanao is never been a part of the Philippines? hehehehe Di kelangan ng super governors dito sa Mindanao. ang mga Ampatuan nga ang gusto mag hari at maging leader sa ARMM eh. maraming gustong umupo kung sakali.

oponco

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 1
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2009, 09:17:32 pm »
@gkhan
 ???

Iba talaga ang mindanao... kaya yung human rights forum na yan hindi yan tatabla dito... who are they to talk about human rights eh hindi naman sila dito nakatira...

normal na na news ang isang ampatuan nadadawit sa murder (allegedly), pero this is a massacre... grabe!

asan na iyong mga diyos ng mga nadamay? don't tell me pagsubok lng to ng diyos sa mga pamilya nila? bullsh!t!
o di kaya test ng diyos sa mga ampatuan na it's an opportunity to change.. bullsh!t!

if we want something done, let's do it ourselves.. don't pray and all that crap!

ang question is meron bang tatayo against sa kanila? kasi ako pinag iisipan ko pa.... wag na lang kaya  ::lmao

tama, iba tlga ang mindanao lalo na sa ARMM. wala naman human rights dito kc Sharia Law ang ginagamit sa ibang lugar, hindi ang korte. nakalimutan ata ng mga taga Luzon at Visayas na Islam ang religion dito. usually nga, mga pamilya ang nagausap2x para maresolve ang problema. sa mga Middle East nga na country, normal lang ang pugutan ng ulo eh lalo na kung malaki kasalanan mo. iba lang ang nangyari dito kc massacre na tlga eto kc kasama mga babae. Muslim ba tlga ang mga Ampatuan? di ata sila bumabasa at namumuhay ayon sa mahal na Qur'an. hihingi kaya ng tulong sila Datu Toto sa MILF? kalaban kaya ng mga Ampatuan ang MILF tska MNLF.