Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: DVR to DVD  (Read 1631 times)

plattputti

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
DVR to DVD
« on: June 23, 2006, 03:47:08 pm »
Mga bossing (esp. yung mga nasa US, baka mas maka-relate kayo), how do I transfer a show I taped in my Cox DVR into a DVD? I think there is a USB slot in my DVR cable box, if I connect it to my laptop thru a USB cable, will I be able to copy the file and then burn it to a DVD thru my laptop? Kaso nga pala, ang problem din, yung USB slot yata dun sa box is yung pahaba (similar to that in a laptop), hindi yung square or yung maliit (which would be what the other end of a USB could would be like) so hindi ko din mapapagkabit yung dalawa. Pano kaya ito?
Spy and spy until you die!!!

BUTTMAN

• never returns..
  • Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 20
  • THEY WOULD IF THEY COULD..
Re: DVR to DVD
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 06:27:41 pm »
there are two types of USB connectors..namely type "A" & type "B"
the former is the usual USB end that connects to a USB hub or pc port w/c is the flat type that comes normally with any PC,the latter is the connector for most PRINTERS w/c is the long & "pentagon-like" (but actually six sides) shaped USB end that connects to peripherals or hubs.
your DVR box may come w/a type B USB but your pc is having a type A usb port.
so to complete the equation,you must purchase a USB type B to type A cable to enable your transfer of your movie files from it.it is similar to a USB PRINTER CABLE.
not unless it utilizes the mini USB connectors that are used by most digital cameras these days.
try to bring it in a PC shop & sho'em your dvr box.
hope it helps.
gun:: ARGUING in a FORUM is similar to running a race in a SPECIAL OLYMPICS,no matter who would WIN,you're still RETARDS..! laffman::

plattputti

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 06:53:47 pm »
That's the problem. They have the same type of USB connector, the flat type. Is there such a thing as a USB connector that has both "Type A" ends? Even so, since they have the same shape of ports, I'm not sure if they are supposed to be connected with each other at all. I wonder if it will work even if I can connect them, and if I can indeed access the file that I saved in my DVR box even if I can connect them.

blandi

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 4
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 11:44:45 pm »
the BEST solution is..
PLEASE REFER TO USERS MANUAL..
yes indeed,there is an "A" to "A" usb connector.

bodieph

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 12:07:38 am »
you will need something like this

it covers all the commonly used ports by digital video recorder, digital camera, mp3, mobile phone, PDA, scanner, printer, mobile hard disk, etc

plattputti

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 05:02:16 am »
the BEST solution is..
PLEASE REFER TO USERS MANUAL..
yes indeed,there is an "A" to "A" usb connector.
That's what I originally wanted to do, but the manual could not be found (nakikitira lang ako sa brother ko dito and he doesn't know where he placed it). Anyway, thanks a lot for the tip on the "A" to "A" connector.

plattputti

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 05:05:20 am »
you will need something like this

it covers all the commonly used ports by digital video recorder, digital camera, mp3, mobile phone, PDA, scanner, printer, mobile hard disk, etc
Oh, this is cool. Does that thing that's 3rd from the left have a longer version? Medyo mahirap pagdikitin yung laptop at DVR box using a conector that short. If there's an extension cord for that (yung type A to type A), then all I need is that extension, kahit wala na yang adaptor na yan.

bodieph

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2006, 05:36:09 am »
thats what the silver thing at the right end of the picture is for. yung usb connector na mahaba. maiksi lang yung socket itself. pero may kasama yang extension

blandi

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 4
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2006, 08:41:48 am »
these may help baby.. 8) :o

either of the two types is always & will be available in a handy pc shop..

hope it enlightens you darlin..

blandi

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 4
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2006, 08:46:01 am »
FYI there is a TYPE A to TYPE B cable
subsequently,there is also both TYPE A or both TYBE B cables..
pick up the one that suits you..

plattputti

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2006, 08:43:57 pm »
Okay, thank you very much, everyone, for your info on the cable connection. Now, can anybody shed light if indeed my computer will recognize the DVR box as a separate drive after I connect them, so that I can access what I recorded and copy it to my hard drive, then subsequently burn to a disc?

ZR

• Your Servant
  • Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
  • Learn and Enjoy....
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2006, 09:09:16 pm »
ahhh type B pala yung nasa hp all in one ko.hehe thanks.. buti nalang naliwanagan ako...hehehhe