Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Nelson Mandela (July 18, 1918 – December 5, 2013)  (Read 1660 times)

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
Nelson Mandela (July 18, 1918 – December 5, 2013)
« on: December 05, 2013, 08:51:49 pm »
Former South African president Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela died yesterday in Johannesburg, South Africa, from a lung infection.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21879836

He started out as an anti-colonial activist and went on to become a prominent political figure in his homeland, especially during the Apartheid Era.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/06/pictures/131105-nelson-mandela-pictures-photos-south-africa-apartheid/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_content=link_fb20131205news-nelspics&utm_campaign=Content

Nelson Mandela was 95.

Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

leightot

• Pioneer VIP
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 270
  • BEA SUZY! ftw
Re: Nelson Mandela (July 18, 1918 – December 5, 2013)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 08:52:54 pm »
Such an inspiration to the world. Hats off.

Rockford

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 232
  • WORK Hard,PARTY Harder!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 10:33:44 pm »

This Single Word Captures How The World Feels About Nelson Mandela

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/05/nelson-mandela-photo_n_4394992.html

“We are fighting for a society where people will cease thinking in terms of colour.” - Nelson Mandela

Rest In Peace  ::flowers

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 10:52:13 pm »
Mr. Mandela once said: "Sport has the power to change the world."

And so many of those who are involved in sport paid their respects to him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1877833-athletes-react-to-passing-of-nelson-mandela
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 12:47:12 am »
I Love You Mr.Nelson Mandela .  💐💐💐  :-*

You're also one of my greatest inspiration ( i haven't met you personally but through your words and inspiration, you made me feel that am standing in the shoulder of the Giant ) and BAZ ,remember when you told me the part that you like about me 'always taking the high road' ? well, now its so obvious, am taking lessons from the great Nelson Mandela :)

Peace can Only be obtain Through Peace. #peacefulactivism

And the south african women and all the women of the world also owes Mr.Mandela a great amount of Gratitude. Thank you for fighting for HUMAN rights and DIGNITY...and most of all for Fighting for Women of Africa and the World.

Here are some excerpts from a 1996 Women's Day speech Mandela used to call for more women in the South African government, an end to sexual violence, and honored the women who joined in the anti-apartheid fight.

The presence of so many women from so many parts of our land underlines the weight of the pledge for women of South Africa to join hands with government for Unity, Peace and Development.

That is a daunting task. The legacy of oppression weighs heavily on women. As long as women are bound by poverty and as long as they are looked down upon, human rights will lack substance. As long as outmoded ways of thinking prevent women from making a meaningful contribution to society, progress will be slow. As long as the nation refuses to acknowledge the equal role of more than half of itself, it is doomed to failure. [...]

Forty years ago, a legion of brave and determined women dared to throw down the gauntlet at the seat of apartheid power. We honour these veterans. Indeed, the fact that we do not yet have a monument in these environs to acknowledge them is a challenge that we face, as we plan to honour the victims and heroes of our history of struggle. Their inspiring example challenges us all to work together to realise their noble ideals and build a truly non-sexist society.

Let us join hands, in response to the call of the women, for Unity, Peace and Development. Let us enter the new century with concrete results to measure our beautiful words.

Equal power and glory to the Women of South Africa! ❤️

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
Paris is confusing Nelson Mandela w/Martin Luther King
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 03:15:29 pm »
Not to disrespect Tata Nelson  ::flowers #justreporting

Paris Hilton, who says she was the victim of a Twitter hoax.
A screencap of a tweet supposedly sent by Paris Hilton was passed around Twitter after Mandela’s death. As pointed out in the comments, it was reportedly created by a Twitter account called @DeletedTweets. And as you can see below, it looks like Paris is confusing Nelson Mandela with Martin Luther King, Jr.

But the tweet was soon debunked as a hoax, with Paris’s spokesperson telling The Daily Mail, "It’s fake."

siiigh Internet...a legendary man dies, instead of paying respect
 some ppl take the opportunity to make a celebrity look like an idiot - amf.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 03:18:40 pm by FerminaDaza »