Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Xbox 360 Elite vs. PS3 Slim  (Read 1665 times)

GrapixHD

• im the best in the world on what ive do..
  • 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
  • to be the man you must defeat the man..
Xbox 360 Elite vs. PS3 Slim
« on: January 05, 2010, 12:06:08 pm »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fX_bamk-uU[/youtube]

Here is the prizefight between the Xbox 360 Elite and the PS3 Slim.

Xbox 360 Elite vs Ps3 Slim Xbox 360 Elite vs PS3 slim 120 GB

Paprika

• Melodramatic Fool
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Boy Haiku
Re: Xbox 360 Elite vs. PS3 Slim
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 12:49:42 pm »

PS3 Slim                                   Xbox 360 Elite
Price                                                          $299                                           $299
Color                                                          Black                                           Black
Hard Disk Size                                          120GB                                           120GB
USB Ports                                                  2                                                   3
WiFi                                                          Built-In                                           $99 Add On
Disc Drive                                                  Blu-ray/DVD/CD                           DVD/CD
HDMI                                                          Yes, no cable included                   Yes, no cable included
Bluetooth                                                  Yes                                           No
Controllers Included                                  One                                           One
Last Generation Backwards Compatibility          No                                           Partial
Online Play                                                  Free                                           $50 a year
Dimensions                                                  290 × 65 × 290 mm                   310 x 80 x 260 mm
Weight                                                  3.2 kg                                           3.5 kg
I know a word that starts with F and ends in UCK. Firetruck.

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 01:16:20 pm »
dont forget upgradability:

PS3 Slim: HDD can be upgraded to 640gb(largest current available and exsting) 5400rpm 2.5" HD 9.5mm OR up to 2tb 3.5" on a SATA cable from the PS3 to the HDD since 3.5" is not gona fit

XBOX360: unless you have the CoD bundle with 250gb HDD, your stuck with 120gb

BOTH can handle Terrabytes of external storage provided they are formatted using the consoles own FW

hoy

• mgzenGD
  • Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
    • Prettys Girls in your city for night
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 03:15:08 pm »
ps3 for HD! chka may +99$ sa xbox para complete. psp, good to go.

King Cleavage "KC"

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 21
  • I Am The Ultimate ASF & EB Babes Spy...
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 04:38:15 pm »
@Masterchief

i need an advice, what will i get? PS3 or this XBOX elite? and what does ELITE mean? tska wala na bang sira ito yung 3 red lines ba un? im planning to buy a new console simply because im a fan of games, ako yung tipong mahilig mag online games at makipaglaban sa mga tiga ibang bansa, can you give me tips?
~~HAZEL ANNE MENDOZA, MAJA SALVADOR, PIA GUANIO, KATRINA HALILI, CHYNNA ORTALEZA, JANELLE JAMER, LJ REYES, ANGEL LOCSIN~~... ahhh... putukan na!! ang sasarap ng mga yan.. shettt!!!!

MasterChief63

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 06:21:36 pm »
@Masterchief

i need an advice, what will i get? PS3 or this XBOX elite? and what does ELITE mean? tska wala na bang sira ito yung 3 red lines ba un? im planning to buy a new console simply because im a fan of games, ako yung tipong mahilig mag online games at makipaglaban sa mga tiga ibang bansa, can you give me tips?

my honest answer is GET BOTH kasi merong exclusivity clause pa rin on some games but if you can oly pic one here are some questions you can ask yourself

1) am i willing to shell our $$$/Php for original games or do i wish to condone piracy?

No pirated/fake/bootleg games in the PS3 so those who wish to spend hard earned money on the Deebeedee, Deebeedee go xbox since 360 games have pirated copies... but if you plan to go modded do not join pinoyxbox.com since they frown upon anything thats not original

if your prefer to have orig games for the PS3 or XBOX360 join Pinoyps.com or Pinoyxbox.com since they allow game trading in the site

im not saying all xbox owners went xbox for pirated games since its a choice, one can still have an xbox and not have it modded

2) am i willing to shell out $$$/Php to play online or do i want free online gaming?

paying to play $49/year online also entailes the risk of getting banned on XBOX live if you choose to condone piracy and have your xbox DVD modded or Modchip installed, but free online gaming on PSN network will soon end since SONY plans to introduce Payed Subscriptions to PSN for "exclusive" quirks

3) do i want to watch Bluray Movies or Upconverted DVDs

true HD is with Bluray but DVDs can be upconverted to play to 1080p so you "its like" watching BRd movies in upscaled 1080p

4) do i want to put a lot of HD vids/movies, pics, music, game files, game demos on my console

the xbox HDD is at a 250gb max(if you get the CoD bundle at $399) so if you want to put a lot of stuff your only option is an external HDD formatted byt the FW since it needs to be FAT32 and we all know fat32 cant go above 80gb so the console has to be the one to make the clusters to be FAT32 but above 80gb, the PS3 can also use external HDD but its internal 2.5" HDD also at 250gb for the $350 gb price but its better to get a $299 120gb and upgrade it yourself since you can go up to 640gb with WD Scorpio blue

i have an external 750gb Seagate Freeagent desk but its my PC storage so i prefer having the PS3 to have its own mass storage

5) do i want wireless built in or shell out $79/$99 for a WiFi N Adapter?

PS3 has built in WiFi G while XBOX has a WiFI adapter you can buy for some extra bucks

6) do i want controllers that have external battery packs?

PS3 has the battery inside the controllers so to get the battery pack replaced you can do it yourself or have sony do it for you for a fee or just buy a new one, 360 controllers can on 2 AAs, 2 rechargable AAs or on the battery packs you can buy

as or the 3RL(3 Red Lights hehe not lines) the jasper units seem to have the current lowest % of all xbox 360 models, so its not a guarantee you will be safe since there have been reported incidents of the jaspers, its a bit of a risk you have to take if you want to go xbox, MS does offer 3yr warranty to the 3RL for original unmodded xboxs but i dont think the philippines has xbox support

PS3 or XBOX360 wala pa ring tatalo sa nagiingat at nagaalaga ng console, wag abushin at patakbuhin ng walang pahinga, keep it well ventilated and well cooled down, heres a tip AFTER playing dnt turn off ur unit and let it cool for about 10 mins, kasi pag natapos ka sa game then take the game out and shut it off yung init naiiwan sa loob, let you console have enough time to cooldown 

MasterChief63

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 06:33:17 pm »
@Masterchief

xbox360 elite:

* Two great games included: Play as Batman and his sidekick Robin in LEGO® Batman â„¢: The Videogame as you build, drive, swing, and fight your way through Gotham City. Then jump into the story from the other side and play as Batman’s foes! There’s no rest for the good (or the evil!). (Game is rated “E10+” for Everyone 10+.) In PURE, take off-road racing to a new level. Experience pure adrenaline and emotion as you execute incredible aerial tricks and death-defying massive jumps. (Game is rated “E” for Everyone.)
    * Xbox 360 120GB hard drive: The 120GB detachable hard drive allows gamers to save their games and store television shows, movies, music, pictures, trailers, levels, demos, and other content available from Xbox LIVE Marketplace.
    * Xbox 360 Wireless Controller (black): This award-winning, high performance wireless controller features the Xbox Guide button for quick, in-game access to friends and music. It has a range of up to 30 feet and a battery life of up to 30 hours on two AA batteries.
    * Xbox 360 Headset (black): Now available in black, the headset lets gamers strategize or trade taunts while playing games and send voice messages to friends on Xbox LIVE.
    * Xbox 360 Composite A/V cable: Maximize your Xbox 360 picture quality on standard-definition televisions using this S-video connection for a noticeable image improvement over traditional composite connectors.
    * Xbox LIVE: Connect to Xbox LIVE for free and you’ll find free game trials and have immediate access to HD movies and Game Add-ons like songs and characters (all sold separately) so the fun never ends. Included with your console is a one month subscription to Xbox LIVE Gold. Xbox LIVE Gold is the best in gaming and entertainment. Invite friends from all over to connect and play online multiplayer games or watch thousands of HD movies streamed instantly from Netflix.
    * Free Netflix trial: See how easy it is to stream movies instantly to your console from Netflix, many in high definition.

gh0st

• The Ghost Rider "Penance Stare"
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 13
  • Johnny Blaze
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 07:53:08 pm »
If budget wise is not a concern, I'd go with PS3.

Why, you get a blu-ray player (full hd) and a console for the same price as the elite. And if you are not yet convinced, PSN connection is free. That is if your not into jack sparrow.
PS3 Gamer

Games: MGS4/LBP/GOW3/GOW Collections/Dante's Inferno/Heavy Rain
PS2 Slim CB-7006 Charcoal Black
PSP Deep Red GOW Edition
PS3 40GB NTSC/J Piano Black
--------------------------------------
PSN: ryojan

GrapixHD

• im the best in the world on what ive do..
  • 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
  • to be the man you must defeat the man..
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 05:05:00 am »
PS3 Slim
Power Cable
Wireless Controller
Composite A/V Cable
USB Cable for charging the wireless PS3 controller

Xbox 360 Elite
Power Cable
Wireless Controller
Composite A/V Cable (older models have both component & composite)
Headset
FEATURES

PS3 Slim
120 GB or 250 GB Hard Drive (Depends on model)
Wi-Fi Support Included
Blu-ray Disc Drive (also plays DVDs/Cds. and most other discs)
HDMI Cable not included
BlueTooth Support Included
Backwards Compatible with PS1 games but not PS2 games.
Online Play and Internet Support is Free via Wi-Fi (PS3 includes a web-browser)

Xbox 360 Elite
120 GB Hard Drive
Wi-Fi Support Not Included (Wi-Fi Adapter costs $100)
DVD Disc Drive
HDMI Calbe Not Included
BlueTooth Not Supported (but comes with a headset in every box for online voice chat)
Backwards Compatible with some Xbox 1 games.
Online Play costs $50 dollars a year. No Internet browser.
HD MOVIES

PS3 Slim

PlayStation 3 includes a Blu-ray Drive for playing movies on Blu-ray disc. The average price for a movie on Blu-ray is about $18.49 per disc. Obviously, depending on what you are buying, a single movie or a box-set/TV Show season, the price will be different. You can also stream movies via Netflix on PS3. This costs $10 per month, but you must request a Netflix disc to stream Netflix movies (the disc has to be in the PS3 drive before you can stream Netflix movies).

You can also download and stream tons of movies, TV shows and video from the PlayStation Store that you can purchase and download separate of Netflix. These cost $4.50 on average, but only some video is HD. Unlike the Xbox 360 however, you can choose to not only rent certain video, but you can also buy it and keep it forever.

Xbox 360

The Xbox 360 includes a DVD drive for watching movies on DVD discs. You can find a lot of movies and box-sets for TV shows and other media on DVD for very cheap nowadays. Xbox 360 does not play Blu-ray discs. You can also stream movies with Netflix for Xbox 360. This costs $9 per month and does not require a disc to stream movies.

You can also download video including movies and TV shows from the Xbox Live/Zune Marketplace on Xbox 360 in the video section. Movies bought this way cost on average of $6. However unlike on PS3, you can’t keep any of the movies you download, you can only rent them.

Because of the Blu-ray drive and the fact that PS3 also has Netflix, the PS3 has the edge when it comes to HD Movies/Video content.
VIDEOGAMES

PS3 Slim
The top-rated existing games for the PS3 that are exclusive include LittleBigPlanet, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Killzone 2.

Xbox 360 Elite
The top-rated existing games for the Xbox 360 include Gears of War 1 & 2 and Halo 3.

PS3 Slim
The highest rated in the top 25 for exclusive PS3 games include: MLB 09 The Show, Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction, Demon’s Souls, Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune and Ninja Gaiden: Sigma.

Xbox 360 Elite
The highest rated in the top 25 for exclusive PS3 games include: Gears of War 2, Mass Effect, Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, Grand Theft Auto 4: The Lost & Damned, Portal: Still Alive, Geometry Wars 2, Forza 2, REZ HD and Left 4 Dead.

PS3 Slim
Big recent/upcoming exclusive games for PS3 include Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3, Final Fantasy XIII and MAG.

Xbox 360 Elite
Big recent/upcoming exclusive games for Xbox 360 include: Halo 3: ODST, Forza 3, Left 4 Dead 2, Mass Effect 2 and Grand Theft Auto 4: The Ballad of Gay Tony.

As always, both systems include great games in all genres, great system exclusives, and a lot of features. You really can’t go wrong with either one. However you do want to look at what system most of your friends have if you are planning on doing a lot of online play, and pick the system that will allow you to play online with your friends.

You also don’t want to discount online content. Both systems have robust online content with lots of exclusive downloadable games, so you may want to look into what games are available for the Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network before making a decision.

The Xbox 360 also has the Avatar system for designing your own online person that you can customize with clothes and accessory that you can buy. You also get exclusive online interactive services like 1 VS 100, a live virtual game show where you can compete for real-life prizes. And although Xbox 360 doesn’t have a web-browser, it does have support for Twitter, Facebook and Last.fm built right in.

The PlayStation 3 meanwhile offers you PlayStation Home, an interactive social-focused online world where you can create and customize your own character, and then enter an online space full of virtual worlds based on real-life products and Sony videogames. You can then gather with your friends and chat with them (using a headset or a sold-separately keyboard), play games together in the world, and unlock additional content and items. If you already own a PSP, the PS3 and the PSP can link together and share content to a certain degree, so that my be another factor in your purchasing decision.

Both the PS3 and the Xbox 360 also offers ranking systems known as Achievements (for the latter) and Trophies (for the former). These are unlocked when you play games, and can be shared and compared with your friends. This may be another reason why you want to select the system that most of your friends share, so you can compete for bragging rights.

Either way, you really can’t go wrong this Christmas with either system. But I hope this buyer’s guide helps you choose the right system for you.