Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: problems with bayantel dsl  (Read 1845 times)

codered07

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
problems with bayantel dsl
« on: April 21, 2008, 07:00:27 am »
mga ka spies.. this is just a rant for the problems (and hassles) that i experience using bayan tel dsl.  I guess some of you guys experience the same..

anyways here it goes:

i dont knw why but the plan i bought was the plan 768 kbps, but hell.. i only download at a friggin 4kbps! diba dapat it should be more than that? i once had a cable connection at only 128kbs but can download at 14 kbps... howcome this bayan tel can only download at a damn slow speed?

whats worse is that it gets disconnected like on the average.. 6 times per hour! and to top it all off, you need to "dial up" before you can even connect to the internet, thats a first in its class considering that dsl connection should be "always connected" diba?

hay naku, right now i really dont get my money's worth switching to bayan tel.. for me it sucks.. sorry but im an unsatisfied costumer sa kanilang dsl.. hay naku |:(

bodieph

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
Re: problems with bayantel dsl
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 07:28:55 am »
I have the same problem with my bayantel DSL but mine is static IP so I dont need to login everytime the connection disappears. I just have to wait and press reload button

btw, 768kbps only translates to 96KB/s and that is the MAX speed you can get. on average your speed will be around at least half of that only (pero since dynamic ang IP mo it will be lower).

there are two types of connections being offered these days, mostly are dynamic IP (meaning you need to login before you can use the internet). only a few are static IP (you are always connected). both setup has its pros and cons but static IP will always have more stable speeds than dynamic IP.

codered07

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 09:29:37 am »
yeah.. its the max speed i can get but heck, downloading at 4kbps is too slow for a dsl connection.  ive scanned my computer for any kind of virus, malware, etc.. and its virus free..  i hate the slow connection..

takemetotheriver

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 02:25:46 am »
sir pede k pong tumawag s hotline ng bayantel (411-2000) they are willing to listen to your problem and they can help you with your problem... :D

hunter

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 1
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 09:26:23 am »
ewan ko sa ino bro pero 3 years na bayantel ko at cguro mga 5 times lng ako na disconnect... ayos ang servic toast::e nila as far as im concerned

Queso

• Chinita Inspector
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 30
  • i ♥ chinita
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 01:12:29 pm »
na-try nyo na ba to?

set your pc to have the following:

ip address: 192.168.1.23
subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
default gateway: 192.168.1.1

Open a web browser and on the address bar type:

http://192.168.1.1

username & password : user

tsaka may extension ka ba? dapat kasi may filter din yun.. pag may tumawag laglag talaga connection mo..
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 01:15:08 pm by Queso »

beckham07

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 02:06:23 pm »
whats worse is that it gets disconnected like on the average.. 6 times per hour! and to top it all off, you need to "dial up" before you can even connect to the internet, thats a first in its class considering that dsl connection should be "always connected" diba? <--technically residential accounts usually used a pppoe which is just like connecting like dial up and to make life easier you could also set your computer to automatically connect to the internet whenever your computer starts.

<----regarding this..kindly google your questions, might help you a lot. read about PPPoe, DSL, ADSL etc. also you might want to inquire and ask at bayan about filter, i know that all dsl providers advised ther subscribers about how to put filters etc. also get updates for your antivirus,anti spamware,anti adaware and stuff like these..is very essential. you might want to know also that kBps is different from kbps. kiloByte per second at your download query and kilobit per second at your connection they are different.

and also as a subscriber we are all responsible of telling our problems to people concern so that hand in hand we could resolve such issues.