Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Husband's Story about Time  (Read 3201 times)

greenjoseph

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 46
  • "do unto others what u want others do unto you."
Husband's Story about Time
« on: November 20, 2006, 12:02:35 am »
After 21 years of marriage, my wife wanted me to take another woman out to dinner and a movie. She said I love you but I know this other woman loves you and would love to spend some time with you.
The other woman that my wife wanted me to visit was my MOTHER,who has been a widow for 19 years, but the demands of my work and my three children had made it possible to visit her only occasionally.
That night I called to invite her to go out for dinner and a movie.
"What's wrong, are you well," she asked? My mother is the type of woman who suspects that a late night call or a surprise invitation is a sign of bad news.
"I thought that it would be pleasant to be with you," I responded. "Just the two of us."
She thought about it for a moment, and then said, "I would like that very much."
That Friday after work, as I drove over to pick her up I was a bit nervous. When I arrived at her house, I noticed that she, too, seemed to be nervous about our date. She waited in the door with her coat on. She had curled her hair and was wearing the dress that she had worn to celebrate her last wedding anniversary.
She smiled from a face that was as radiant as an angel's.
"I told my friends that I was going to go out with my son, and they were impressed, "she said, as she got into the car. "They can't wait to hear about our meeting". We went to a restaurant that, although not elegant, was very nice and cozy. My mother took my arm as if she were the First Lady. After we sat down,
I had to read the menu. Half way through the entries, I lifted my eyes and saw Mom sitting there staring at me. A nostalgic smile was on her lips
"It was I who used to have to read the menu when you were small," she said.
"Then it's time that you relax and let me return the favor," I responded.
During the dinner, we had an agreeable conversation - nothing extraordinary, but catching up on recent events of each other's life. We talked so much that we missed the movie.
As we arrived at her house later, she said, "I'll go out with you again, but only if you let me invite you." I agreed.
"How was your dinner date?" asked my wife when I got home. "Very nice. Much more so than I could have imagined," I answered.
A few days later, my mother died of a massive heart attack. It happened so suddenly that I did to not get to do anything for her.
Some time later, I received an envelope with a copy of a restaurant receipt from the same place mother and I had dined.
An attached note said: "I paid this bill in advance. I wasn't sure that I could be there; but nevertheless, I paid for two plates - one for you and the other for your wife. You will never know what that night meant for me. I love you, son."
At that moment, I understood the importance of saying in time: "I LOVE YOU!" and to give our loved ones the time that they deserve. Nothing in life is more important than your family. Give them the time they deserve, because these things cannot be put off till "some other time."

Here's hoping today is better than yesterday and tomorrow.

laitzu

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 23
Re: Husband's Story about Time
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 12:26:04 am »
This one's very nice also brother green. Naalala ko Nanay ko...for all of us here let's say I love you sa mga mahal natin sa buhay before it's too late.  pokepoint::
Get $50 to start/Earn up to $20/day/Earn $5 per referral

The Green Arrow

• Sharp Shooter
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma -3
  • Cupid? i don't think so..
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 12:57:20 am »
nice?/

felipe_datu09

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
  • HELLO POH , kmusta n mga spy manyak's
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 01:55:19 am »
nice topic , naka2iyak ilove u mother & 2 my family.  tissueplease::  pokepoint::  8)

tagishnge!

• off-duty retiree
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 10
  • absolutely!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 01:56:49 am »
kakaiyak to pareng green! ty for this post!

Kik0y_Dakila

• Malibog man daw at Magaling.. Nakakaraos din..
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 13
  • 8s nt d size tht counts.8s d performans tht counts
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 02:39:07 am »
muntik na ako bumigay don ah..that was a very nice story bro..kasi bro ever since love ko na tlga family ko..and im very close to my mom..nah..im not that mama's boy..its just that during my childhood..yung mom ko lang parati kasama ko..and palagi niya me dinadala noon kahit sa office niya..i love my mom..thanks for the story..btw i love my wife too.. psrulez::

JerJer.BlockZhip

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 7
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 02:47:15 am »
I like this one.

kahit marami taung mae-L d2.
basta pagdating sa pamilya pinapakita natin na mahal na mahal natin sila.
posting stories like this is a testament to that.

psrulez::

yobibs

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 03:34:50 am »
 How true ... both my dear parents are gone ... but I still feel they're with me ... I miss their physical presence a lot ... and how I wish I could have told more that I Love them ... that's why even though my kids are grown up now ... We always end our conversations with an
" I love you !"  Telling someone how much they mean to you makes a big difference...
 In these coming Holidays ... may we all find the time to tell everyone how much they mean to us.
Even with my close friends, and believe me this are grizzled, old farts , a lot of them old military men who have seen the ugliness of war, we see each other once a week. After some ribbing and plain harassing each other ... we end up all hugging and telling each other we love them ...
( and if anyone sez we might be a little queer , well, we'll just beat you up with our cane ! hahaha !!!)

-Anti-BAYOTicâ„¢-

• can2terorist PARACETAMOD MEDJAKOL
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 13
  • Basta count to ten laang ng count to ten
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 03:13:21 pm »
nice one again mr. greenjoseph... pokepoint::
Awake to righteousness,and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of GOD 1 corinthians 15:34

Prince Barry

• Prinsipe ng Korokan
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
  • Prinsipe rin ng kalokohan!
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 04:47:26 pm »
nice post bro, touching naman.......kailangan talagang umuwi me at ipagshopping sila uli......tnx!!!

wildecox

• Merry Christmas!
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 09:15:48 pm »

nice, touching.  :)

greenjoseph

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 46
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 12:13:10 am »
Salamat po sa lahat! 

Personally I really love my parents but believe it or not, I can?t remember anymore when was the last time I told them I love you, im not that bad but its just that we seems not use to it.  Now I realize I should have to catch up for my mother since my father died already. As far as I could remember I was able to utter I LOVE YOU to him when he is inside the coffin already, poor me!

Anyhow, theres no problem with my own family now, my kids never forget even a single day without telling me they love me. And I'm very proud of that.

Enjoy reading my posts!

ignas

• Active - First Star
  • Karma -12
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 12:34:20 am »
ets da reson id be a pleboy por da nex 20 yrs , mamas boys wel be mamas boys por layf

laffman:: laffman::

ugat

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 106
  • Fight for the Pain!!!!
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 02:30:56 am »
ang galing nito daghang salamat mga kapatid
Proud owner of PS3, Xbox360, PsP , PS2 Samsung 32" HD LCDtv
GAMES finished: DMC1, DMC3, Prince of Perisa 1,2,3 God of War 1 &2  Resistance Fall of Man, Heavenly Sword, Ninja Gaiden Sigma (Ps3) Def Jam Fight for NY, Gears of War, NBA Street V8
accepting friends

PSN ID: piNoyspyUgaT
XboxLive

testing_the_water

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2006, 11:54:44 pm »
ayus...

i had a fight with my mother once... i cant remember what it was all about... but i remembered staring at her like i want to killer her... hindi ko sinasadya... napagisip-isip kong "bakit ko ginawa yun" kahit kelan hindi ko na gagawin yun... pero ngayon ayus na kami... nire-wrestling ko sha parang pakitang mahal ko sha lolx... (nakikiwrestling din yun marunong magstunner ermats ko)
pero minsan ko na lang magawa dahil sa trabaho
we are in a constant state of becoming.....

jacob

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -1
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 12:26:19 am »
nice post,very touching bro...makes me want to call my mom,she always say "i love you" at the end of our phone conversation but sometimes i wont say it back,sometimes it seems awkward for me to say that,i dont know maybe because i'm already married and have a family of my own...but honestly i sometimes answered her back naman...close kami ng mom ko because i already had no father at a young age(he's dead already) kaya mom ko na lang nagsasakripisyo sa aming magkapatid at sa awa ng diyos naigapang naman nya kami ng maayos kahit minsan nagloko pa ako sa pag aaral,lolz.but i honestly regret those things that i did to her..pero anyway maayos naman kami ngayon sa awa ng diyos at yung kapatid ko..we're both in abroad so naiwan na lang mag isa yung mom ko dun sa pinas kaya i made it to the point to call her from time to time,and because of this post tatawag na naman ako ulit sa kanya..tnx again bro for reminding us,cant wait tro say "i love you' my mom..sorry,napahaba reply ko..nagsesenti lang ng konti,lolz

jh1617

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007, 04:42:32 am »
a nice story.. rating10::

Aragorn

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -2
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2007, 01:45:42 pm »
one of the best stories that i've read. sometimes we are too busy with work and our own family that we forget the people that have guided us from the very beginning of our life. HAve a great day!!

SoulPinoySpy

• Citizen
  • Karma 0
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2007, 11:29:00 pm »
wow thats all i can say

Van Gogh

• MENTALLY DISORDERED
  • Pioneer VIP
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 0
  • ROCK ON
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2007, 03:12:05 am »
Another one one from green jospeh!
very good man!
YOUR NOT HARDCORE
UNLESS YOU LIVE HARDCORE

POSERS DIE!

mongol482

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2007, 01:59:26 am »
Mahalin natin ng lubos ang ating mga magulang dahil kung wala sila, wala tayo.

greenjoseph

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 46
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2007, 09:16:58 am »
thanks sa lahat na nagcomment sa post ko, mabuhay kayong lahat...

fieldspaniel15

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2007, 08:22:20 pm »
the story really touch my hart agen....makes me one wanna cry!

greenjoseph

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 46
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2007, 11:41:41 pm »
Another one one from green jospeh!
very good man!

Tnx din Van Gogh, naoverlook ko yung comment mo nakakataba ng puso bnana, sa totoo i really do my best to be a good man, anywhere, anyplace and to eveybody laffman::

pokepoint::