Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Defend your Christian Faith......  (Read 2118 times)

Erotomania

• Espiya Drummer
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 288
  • i wish i had an angel
    • www.moderndrummer.com
Defend your Christian Faith......
« on: May 29, 2007, 12:32:15 pm »
Kung katoliko ka, tanong ko lang.... Gaano mo kamahal ang relihiyon mo???

Gaano mo kamahal ang kapwa mo kpatid sa pananampalataya???

Gaano ka kaseryoso sa relihiyon mo......

at naniniwala ka ba na maliligtas ka ???? kung me kaligtasan nga?????

Nagtatanong lang po........  bnana bnana bnana bnana bnana bnana

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
Re: Defend your Christian Faith......
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 12:49:59 pm »
no disrespect to the thread starter but this will end up in arguments and heated conversations that will not end well, this thread has somewhat of a "INFLAMMATORY" effect on us of the Christian faith, it is like u r placing us on a trial and we have to prove our innocence, i dnt think we have to prove or defend anything to anyone, i would like to ask the mods to lock the thread to avoid conflicts and confrontations

ive read the bible and da vinci code/Holy Blood Holy grail and keep a copy of the Da Vinci code movie and the documentary The Lost Tomb on my celfone, but that does not mean i believe those who question Christianity  because my faith in God was not given to me by a man in a white dress whom we listened to every sunday but by my experiences in my life, Faith is more of a personal relationship with whatever u "believe" to be a Higher Power and can be referred to one ones own choosing be it God, Buddah, Allah, Shiva, or Satan, one's personal relationship with that higher power is his own and must not be influenced by others, im not a devout Chirtsian, i dnt even go to church regularly but i do on special occasions personally and in the roman catholic calendar, i have this problem of sabotaging myself and screw up my life in a non deliberate manner in a way that i do things that end up in the bleekest of situations but time and again God(as my Faith has lead me to see Him) has pulled me out of those situations, and at one point in my life i challenged His power and let's just say thats what the last time i will ever do that

what we catholics look for in our churches and wittings are guidance, not answers, coz only we can answer our own questions with our lives and our relationship with God, we were given 10 simple rules to follow and i follow them, if i know i can help others i do what i can
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 11:48:23 pm by xtian63 »

djlove

• GOD KING
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 12:56:42 pm »
pakiclose na lng para iwas sa flame waaaaaaaaaaa gun:: gun::
Cheat is Fun - Hacking is Good - learning Hack Is Better! ^^,
"People who think they are thinking usually dont really think as real thinkers think without the thought of them thinkin."

Doc Lheng

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 43
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 01:00:18 pm »
Not a good topic to discuss..........
Brain is Power & Knowledge is My Power

ServantGeneral (SG)

• GoldMember - GS1
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 53
  • Don't stop till you succeed!
  • Special Skills: testskills
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 01:51:23 pm »
controversial topic, but let's allow discussions... dito masusubukan ang maturity natin, how we handle these topics.
I love Espiya.net. My grandma loves it too!

Erotomania

• Espiya Drummer
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 288
  • i wish i had an angel
    • www.moderndrummer.com
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 02:03:17 pm »
Slamat po SD......

Tulad po ng sabi ni SD, healthy discussions ang gusto nting lahat...... hindi ko nama intensiyon na sirain or lasunin or kahit baguhin pa ang kung ano man ang pinapaniwalaan ninyo... ang sa akin lang, bakit di natin pag usapan ang pinaniniwalaan ng lahat??? s Thread scandal, humahaba ang replies ganundin sa iba pang threads, gawin din ntin yun dito kahit dito lang.... kahit pa ba controversial topic ito.....

and wla naman akong nkikitang mali sa mga tanong ko..... meron po ba???

sa mga magiging interactions ng bawat isa sa atin, malalaman natin ang bawat sides....

again ang gusto ko po eh peaceful discussions.... kindly pkisagot na lang po ang mga tanong ko sa itaas...

Peace..... mga co spies......   b*; b*; b*;

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 02:08:20 pm »
controversial topic, but let's allow discussions... dito masusubukan ang maturity natin, how we handle these topics.

would it be too much then to ask the title to be changed, this seems like Christianity as i said is on trial and that it was guilty of being Christians, ive already given my point of view in the matter and would like to request a change of title on the topic now that the request for thread lock has been denied, why not just challenge Faith in a General sense coz being specific as if it was questioning ONLY us Christians as if we were the only alternative to Paganism, is the concept of salvation only in our teachings? what about the 17 virgins of Muslims and he promise of reincarnation in Buddhism and the numerous God's and deities of Hinduism telling its followers ur next life will be based on ur past and let's not forget Iglesia ni Cristo with having 10% of ur earnings given to the church means u r saved

i understand the issue of maturity and i respect ur decision to keep but would it too much to ask to give us Christians a bit more respect by simply removing the word "Christian" and keeping the word Faith since were not the only religion who teaches the concept of faith and salvation
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 03:04:27 pm by xtian63 »

Doc Lheng

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 43
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 05:44:05 pm »
I agree with you xtian63............
Brain is Power & Knowledge is My Power

jazz24

• Active - First Star
  • Karma -1
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 10:08:45 pm »
Let me resolve the question point by point....but prior to that let me clarify some points.

Catholicism doesn't define christinanity. Christianity is a universal term to all believers who believe in christ while catholicism is just a subdivision of christianity. Catholic...from the Greek term "cataholos" has a lieteral meaning=universal. 

Love of religion:

i dont believe that religion deserve to be loved...its faith. let us always remember that love is not selective; you can love even the unlovable. catholics did not become catholics because they love to be catholics but they believe, that in catholicism...they may find the fulness of their existence. true love and faith goes hand in hand but applying the strictist linguistic rule, faith is the more appropriate term.

Love in fellow catholics.

love is inot contained nor limited. it is shared and defies limitation. catholics must not just love thier fellow catholics but also non catholics. it is clear in the greatest commandment that "you should love your neighbor as your self" there, there was no mention of the word catholic or your fellow believers in religion to be loved nor an insinuation that such commandment was selectively applicable each religion in the world. rather, the commandment was given and addressed to the universal believers no matter what race, what color and above all what religion to do you belong.

in the parable of the good samaritan, love there was embodied to be non selective. a samaritan who had a bad reputation in the society showed his love to a non samaritan. he cared, feed and clothe the man found along the way.

Seriousness in religion?

how is seriousness defined? what is the barometer of seriousness? if seriousness is defined by the capacity to stick and adherence to the rules of your religion aside from the commandment given by God, then no one is seriuos....because we will be presented to the reality that no one is perfect and accordingly we are bound to commit mistakes.

Salvation...

religion is not a key to salvation. it is not a vessel that we can ride going to heaven during spiritual and biological mutation-death.

rather we will be judged of how we lived the life that we have here on earth; how much we love or neighbors and god- by feeding him when he is hungry, clothing him when he is naked and giving him drink when he is thirsty-in the image of least his brethren.

darcknight

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 10:21:08 pm »
bro,
         isa sa iniiwasan naming usapin ang relihiyon, politika, at kung sino pogi sa min pag nagkakaumpukan kami at lalo na kapag nag iinuman...peace meng... toast:: ;D
THE SPADE IS THE SWORD OF JUSTICE, ITS RAPIER MARKS THE END

Intellisense

• Beta Tester
  • Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 38
  • Tester of 1's and 0's
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 11:01:56 pm »

1. Kung katoliko ka, tanong ko lang.... Gaano mo kamahal ang relihiyon mo???
2. Gaano mo kamahal ang kapwa mo kpatid sa pananampalataya???
Cant give you the exact answer...
"only love can be divided endlessly and still do not diminish.."

3. Gaano ka kaseryoso sa relihiyon mo......
not really

4. at naniniwala ka ba na maliligtas ka ???? kung me kaligtasan nga?????
maliligtas saan?

borat

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 11:28:45 pm »
I believe in bacteria.  ::)

Uncle_bob

• The Rasta Man is back!
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 17
  • Ano ka sabog?!
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 11:45:53 pm »
no disrespect to the thread starter but this will end up in arguments and heated conversations that will not end well, this thread has somewhat of a "INFLAMMATORY" effect on us of the Christian faith, it is like u r placing us on a trial and we have to prove our innocence, i dnt think we have to prove or defend anything to anyone, i would like to ask the mods to lock the thread to avoid conflicts and confrontations

ive read the bible and da vinci code/Holy Blood Holy grail and keep a copy of the Da Vinci code movie and the documentary The Lost Tomb on my celfone, but that does not mean i believe those who question Christianity  because my faith in God was not given to me by a man in a white dress whom we listened to every sunday but by my experiences in my life, Faith is more of a personal relationship with whatever u "believe" to be a Higher Power and can be referred to one ones own choosing be it God, Buddah, Allah, or Satan, one's personal relationship with that higher power is his own and must not be influenced by others, im not a devout catholic, i dnt even go to church regularly but i do on special occasions personally and in the roman catholic calendar, i have this problem of sabotaging myself and screw up my life in a non deliberate manner in a way that i do things that end up in the bleekest of situations but time and again God(as my Faith has lead me to see Him) has pulled me out of those situations, and at one point in my life i challenged His power and let's just say thats what the last time i will ever do that

what we catholics look for in our churches and wittings are guidance, not answers, coz only we can answer our own questions with our lives and our relationship with God, we were given 10 simple rules to follow and i follow them, if i know i can help others i do what i can

Nice post xtian!

yobibs

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 12:48:12 am »
    I think this a very good topic to ponder upon. My belief  is  to really be one with your Higher Power .it should be a personal and individual manner. Organized religion is just a way to find a path in that journey ...it really does not matter what kind of religion you practice or believe in . Your faith in God is your own ! Look, I was born and raised Catholic. went to Catholic schools from elementary to College and even spent time in a Seminary.But I don't go to church anymore because of my disagreement and frustration with some of the archaic and discriminatory practices of the church . But my relationship wiht God and Jesus is much more stronger now and happier ! There's a lot to learn from other religions . What is important is an open mind and tolerance and respect for other's .
One thing that has really enlighthened me is Zen and meditation ... For those searching for peace and serenity ... try it ... it
will blow your mind in it's simplicity and honesty. Now, if your happy with your chosen group ... then ,Good Tidings and peace !
    You know folks, with all the chaos and anger and fear destroying this world... consider just for a moment to pause, take deep breath and just let your energy flow thru and allow the Holy Spirit to take you on a glorious ride .... Maybe then, all the anxiety and psychosis will disappear and we'll all be in Peace !  treat everyone with kindness ... it's so easier to smile than be angry and mad !
 En gasho !

el cabronâ„¢

• Reigning Metalhead
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 59
  • GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 01:32:31 am »
cant wait for zaraki kenpachi's reply here.tiyak mabubusog aq sa laman ng mga reply nun!
tinatawagan kita ng pansin bossing panchi! ;D

Y O U R   U L T I M A T E     S O U R C E     O F     E V E R Y T H I N G     B R U T A L     I N     M E T A L!!!

wildecox

• Merry Christmas!
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2007, 01:49:12 am »
i strongly suggest we close this thread na. this is not appropriate place to discuss this issue. there are lot of sites there were you could indulge in this kind of conversation.

besides, it's very hard to give sincere comments after watching                  "Laarni Scandal" and "Gladys Scandal" aint it?  laffman::

cheers!