Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Laptop suggestion best buy for 30-35K for work/gaming/battery life/good lcd size  (Read 3056 times)

Jann Frost

• Pronmeister
  • Knights of PS
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 143
  • Rough over Mellow
Alam kong common na yung pagtatanong at paghingi ng opinion/suggestion about laptop pero medyo wala akong time magback read ng ibang posts kaya humihingi ako ng advance apology.

Semi-gamer ako. Mahilig sa video calls. Mahilig din manood ng series kaya i need a good battery life saka saktong big lcd na malinaw.
Andito ako sa Saudi kaya mas madami choices at brands and mas mura. Kung may idea kayo sa hinahanap ko please pakishare mga sir. Salamat! :)

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
for me asus is the best when it comes to gaming and normal programs like video editing, graphics etc... you could already get an i5 specs laptop for that amount...

Jann Frost

• Pronmeister
  • Knights of PS
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 143
  • Rough over Mellow
for me asus is the best when it comes to gaming and normal programs like video editing, graphics etc... you could already get an i5 specs laptop for that amount...

Nakapag narrow down ako ng choices at ito mga napili ko.

Acer Aspire V3-572G-54S6 Gaming Laptop

Lenovo Y50 15.6-Inch Gaming Laptop

MSI GP Series GP60 Leopard-010

Asus GL551

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
i think the last 3 on your list is worth the buck... if i may say so, refrain from acer... they have issues of cracking hinges and screens...

MiggyMigs

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 55
i think the last 3 on your list is worth the buck... if i may say so, refrain from acer... they have issues of cracking hinges and screens...

Totally agree about Acer laptops

lhex06

• Anime Fans
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 3
ung i7 po ba ng toshiba mga brad ano po ma comment nyo? balak ko din po bumili ng lappy eh, either toshiba o asus.... thanx po

kimcassanova

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 20

Agreed ako na you shouldn't get acer. Wala pang one month bumuka na yung hinge. Hindi ko muna siya pinansin dahil minor lang but eventually lumaki ng lumaki tapos naputol siya. Unfortunately hindi na ako humabol sa warranty kasi hassle mag clean install. Pati sound card niya nasunog eventually (nung una nagloose ang connection lang sa loob)

I liked my Asus netbook more. For price and quality I vote for Asus and Lenovo though I think mas okay price ni Asus for the specs that you can get.

As for the models that you gave ... Upon research that Asus and Lenovo laptops both have a GTX 860M while the MSI one only has a GT 840M. Unless GTX rin yung nasa MSI at luma lang yung nakita kong specs, don't consider na the MSI even though it looks good. Personally I would go for the ASUS one since sikat ang ROG line for gaming naman. Good luck :)

kimcassanova

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 20
Yung ASUS pala GTX 960M over Lenovo's GTX 860M. Go for the Asus one.

freeyourmind

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 88
be catious about the hinge, choose the best/sturdy quality. naghahanap din ako ng replacement laptop, sira hinge ng HP ko.

kimcassanova

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 20
ung i7 po ba ng toshiba mga brad ano po ma comment nyo? balak ko din po bumili ng lappy eh, either toshiba o asus.... thanx po

toshiba ... i think they're overpriced especially when you can get better specs in a cheaper laptop. yung quality rin naman is not the best. sa pag alaga lang talaga (except for acer, crappy talaga quality :-[ :-[ )

maniac2999

• Console Gamers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 178
toshiba ... i think they're overpriced especially when you can get better specs in a cheaper laptop. yung quality rin naman is not the best. sa pag alaga lang talaga (except for acer, crappy talaga quality :-[ :-[ )

For build quality and sturdiness, I'd say Lenovo and Toshiba are up there.. yun nga lang hindi maximized yung price sa specs kundi sa build, of course there are constraints with that budget.

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
TOSHIBA and LENOVO(specially the Thinkpad line) are the laptops with the best build quality from low end models to the high end desktop replacement models though nagkaron ang uncle ko ng $2k Qosmio na Lynnfield model(pre-Sandy Bridge) pa na a year later after months of no use bigla na lang ayaw bumakas and Toshiba Service Center said Board saw ang may sira so it was basically dead then he got another Qosmio na gtx 7xx ang video card that is a Sandy Bridge model at $2.1k, Acer has inhad bad build quality for low end models but decent build quality with mid range to high end models same goes for MSI and Asus and as for the one with the worst track record in quality Dell,since having been bought by an Equity Company, has since made changes to make their build quality better with the XPS line and yes the Alienware division as well, stay the hell away from Gateway and Compaq and ESPECIALLY NEO mabuti pa pamahid sa pwet ang pera kesa bumili sa 3 yun

Mejo OT lang kasi 1st laptop ito and I hate HP since past model build quality is horrendous pero the past few years HP since has upped the build quality and left Crap Craftsmanship at their Compaq line of laptops

I got this little nugget for $467($429+8.7%5 tax)  that is around P20,730 onsale from an original $499+tax and inuwi nung uncle and aunt KO last March then 15 days after nabili I saw bumaba sa $299 ung price so I asked my dad to go to the store and Price Match my x360 from the $429 we got it for to the $299 it was selling that day since US Stores with Price Match policies to do price matching from other stores both physical and online from the date of purchase to its return period usually 15 days to 30 days depending on the store, so fun sa pinagbilan naming 15 days lang kaya napapunta ko si erpat 15th day na last day ng return and napadala nya sakin ung resibo kaya pumunta sya sa store lumapit lang sya sa customer service counter then said he was doing a price match for the laptop he recently got so he gave the model number and his credit card along with then phone number his card was registered to and after confirmation my dad said they gave back $140 so $467-$140 = $327 ang final price that's around about P14,510 which is a hell of a deal for an HP Pavilion x360 Intel i3 5010u(Broadwell) 13.3" 2 in 1 Convertible Touchscreen Ultrabook

http://store.hp.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/us/en/pdp/Laptops/hp-pavilion-x360---13-a110dx-%28energy-star%29

I was also able to get 8gb of ram for this for $59(from an original $88) pero saka Ko na kakabit when I get the SSD na bibili Ko pero Sa door to door pa pinadala Kasi sale na SSD nung time na nabili ung laptop
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 06:57:57 am by MasterChief63 »

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
actually toshiba for me is the best when it comes to build... only setback really is the price... you could get an i7 from asus and lenovo with an equivalent laptop of i5 specs only from toshiba...

kimcassanova

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 20
Talagang Lenovo and Asus ang choices mo. While I'll push for ASUS dahil mas upgraded ang graphics card niya the difference between both cards are not that huge so at the end of the day you'll have to go try them out for yourself (feel the keypad, the weight, the design, etc). Read reviews narin online since they help out a lot. Since na narrow mo na down to two models it would be easier. If you want more help post the specs of the two models that you liked kasi there's a chance the specs that we see online would be different with the actual specs in the stores here.

@MasterChief63 The problem with that laptop model is that it only has an i3 and it has no dedicated video card. That's the reason why it's not that expensive. It's good for day to day work but OP wants a gaming machine so the CPU has to be better than that and it needs a dedicated video card, preferably a GTX model.

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
@MasterChief63 The problem with that laptop model is that it only has an i3 and it has no dedicated video card. That's the reason why it's not that expensive. It's good for day to day work but OP wants a gaming machine so the CPU has to be better than that and it needs a dedicated video card, preferably a GTX model.

Yep I know its not actually a gaming laptop, I'm just happy i got a decent enough Convertible Ultrabook packing Intel's latest Broadwell chip and slightly better than HD 4xxx igp in the HD 5000 that allows me to play League of Legends at all Medium settings with Low  Shadows at a stable 30fps since LoL na lang naman ang game na nilalaro ko sa PC dahil I play mostly on my Xbox One, considering I still have 4gb and an HDD instead of 8gb and an SSD which should significantly boost performance, best part 15watt TDP that barely get hot even in gaming from $499+tax to $327

I only got this so I can sell my desktop and other spare pc parts and by Black Friday I might go for that dream 14" Gaming Convertible Touchscreen Ultrabook for $900 packing an i7 5500u Broadwell and a Maxwell GT940(which is basically a gtx 860 rebrand) but I am very much willing to wait for this model to get the SKYGATE CPU instead of Broadwell and whatever Nvidia makes next to succeed Maxwell since I'm very happy with my current i3 LapTablet

The reason I am into 14" and smaller screen Laptop/Ultrabooks is basically minimalist thinking, since CPUs and GPUs have become smaller, less power hungry and cheaper  to manufacture wireplacement Intel Broadwell CPUs and 16nm for Nvidia Maxwell GPUs and the next microprocessors will be further smaller and efficient making gaming on laptops better especially with performance and battery life which can already be seen in the Razer Blade albeit still pack Haswell but packs the gtx 970 Mlkikks

I'm still a fan of the 17.3" gaming monsters but even if I had the funds right now of $1500 and up I would not get one, I'd rather get a sub $1000 mid level gaming laptop of 13" to 15" size and assemble a descent mid level small form factor desktop with the remaining $500, the bulk of a desktop replacement gaming laptop kinda kills it for me but the specs you can cram into those behemoths are nowadays pretty close to their desktop counterparts

I also got another thing  with my x360 that lets me use it on a bigger screen without needing an HDMI Cable

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaWRJtn7zFc[/youtube]

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/wireless-display-adapter

edcbabe

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 40

I suggest Asus or MSI.
Dell Ok din pero dapat high-end model.

Wag kayo bibili ng Toshiba palpak ang harddisk nyan madaling masira.
HP naman pangit ang build quality
Lenovo based on experience madali din masira lalo na ang LCD/LED monitor

madami ng nagpagawa sa akin na ibat-ibang brand at model ng laptops

kung may extra cash kayo bilhin nyo yun may SSD para super bilis mag load OS at games nyo