Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Science: Rebound Sex Is Real (month after breakup)  (Read 10804 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
Science: Rebound Sex Is Real (month after breakup)
« on: November 20, 2014, 10:48:43 am »

As the majority of us are able to score rebound sex at lightning speed post-breakup, according to new findings from University of Missouri researchers.

They surveyed people who had ended a relationship within the last eight months and found that 58 percent had sex with a new partner within the first month of their split.

But researchers did cast a wider net with their analysis ... Their aim was to see, on an emotional level, why their subjects were so fast to jump in bed with someone new? And furthermore, if using sex as a coping mechanism could really help someone to emotionally get over the stress of losing a partner.

Turns out, people who had been broken up with were more distressed, angry, and more likely to have sex with someone else in order to try to distract themselves from their negative emotions. In fact, over a third of the surveyed participants said they had rebound sex to "get over" their ex, while a quarter said they did it for "revenge." Eek.Surprised? :D

The fact is that we all have an innate need to feel cared for and desired -- probably especially when we're going through a tough split. So it does make sense that recently brokenhearted people would seek out a new connection quickly. It's a fast fix to fill a void.

That said, it's obviously just a superficial bandage. Rebound sex, especially sought out under the guise of "revenge," isn't exactly the best foundation on which to build a lasting new relationship! Plus, it may end up leaving you feeling worse, because getting physical with someone you don't share an emotional relationship with can leave you feeling utterly empty and unfufilled. 

So, have you had a rebound sex post breakup? Does it help?

Welllll, I would suggest you do that IF--- you really are going *insane after the breakup but try to hook up with someone you really like though (a good chance you won't remember your ex) ;D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quMlRhlVR3I[/youtube]

« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 10:52:53 am by FerminaDaza »

hangos

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 18
  • Ghost
Re: Science: Rebound Sex Is Real (month after breakup)
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 07:42:04 pm »
yun po kayang mga sumagot ng "revenge" eh majority siguro ay lalaki? kasi kung ang dahilan ng babae is to seek revenge, I think sa huli sya rin ang talo.
Just my opinion.  music::

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 09:12:29 pm »
 ::lmao di ako guilty di ako guilty di ako guilty!!!!

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 02:38:04 am »
Some people use sex as a coping mechanism. Some join either the French or Spanish Foreign Legion, the Peace Corps, Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders), or some such organization. There are also the lucky ones who chose the latter because it was more meaningful and got the former in the bargain.  8)  toast::

And then there are the really lucky ones who opted to do the latter to give direction to their lives after a failed relationship and wound up getting rebound sex as a prelude to a new and better relationship.  If you ask me, that's the best way to rebound. Anyone who has that happen to them should be thanking God every day of their lives because it's like spending an endless summer in Jamaica or whichever vacation spot they prefer. Ne croyez-vous pas, mon cher Signora?  ;D  ::flowers

Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.