Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Rock-throwing on SCTEX continues; management just shrugs it off  (Read 9369 times)

Rockford

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 232
  • WORK Hard,PARTY Harder!
Rock-throwing on SCTEX continues; management just shrugs it off

Rocks being thrown at cars on major thoroughfares is nothing new. It happens every now and then on C-5 Road, oftentimes the work of miscreants who prey on unsuspecting motorists after the latter pull over to check the damage on their (usually) windshield. Of course, it happens elsewhere, too, and by all indications, the authorities are stumped as to how to put an end to these dangerous highway shenanigans.

Take the Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway, for instance. Reader Mon Bernardo shared the above photo with the following message:

A friend of mine had his windshield struck by a huge rock (not a pebble, but a rock!) the size of a dove on SCTEX yesterday noontime. Apparently, there is a group of kids doing this to passing cars. My friend was not the first victim that day, and there were other casualties (he saw a Crosswind behind him being hit as well). My friend didn't stop, for fear that it might be a modus operandi. Upon exiting the highway, he narrated the incident to the authorities and filed a report. The management knew about this, and simply reiterated that this was not something new. Funny how they resolve such incidents. In other words, motorists who pass through the highway do not have any sort of protection from hooligans--they're on their own. If it had been a direct hit on the windshield, it could have caused a major (and maybe fatal) accident. I hope this incident can be shared with your beloved readers so they may be warned.

In February last year, a 12-year-old boy was shot to death by three unidentified suspects in the Dinalupihan (Bataan) portion of SCTEX. Based on the report of the Bataan Police Provincial Office, the two companions of the victim admitted that "they were responsible for the stoning in the area...and that the victim enticed them to throw stones at passing vehicles."

If SCTEX operators continue to be powerless with regard to this problem, we won't be surprised if another tragic incident will occur on SCTEX soon--either a car accident resulting from the rock-throwing, or another shooting courtesy of a very irate driver.

<<< ibayong pagiingat ESPIYA lalo na yung mga byaheng north this Summer / Holy Week

Please delete / lock if posted

Type_One

• Power-UP!
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 282
  • SPOON's Next Door Neighbor...DRIFT it FURTHER!
Re: Rock-throwing on SCTEX continues; management just shrugs it off
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 07:04:26 am »
yeah, especially now that it's summertime. That freeway's gonn be busy
Be a Star but NEVER act friendly...
(Wipe Me Down)

jpoks

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 38
Re: Rock-throwing on SCTEX continues; management just shrugs it off
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 10:04:45 am »
Kailangan yata ma headline sa news para may gawing aksyon! Mga inutil ang mga nagma-manage ng SCTEX! >:(