Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: give up drinking alcohol & have a younger healthy skin  (Read 9474 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
give up drinking alcohol & have a younger healthy skin
« on: September 18, 2013, 12:15:48 pm »

Putting a pause on your alcohol consumption can work wonders for your physical health (and wallet), but what kind of effect can it have on your complexion? Apparently, an incredible one, at least in one woman’s case.

40-year-old Laura Hogarth from Scotland drank around 5 large glasses of wine per week — 15 units, which is one short of the recommended amount for women in accordance to her country’s national guidelines. So, monitored by Dr. Nick Lowe, professor of dermatology, she ceased drinking for one month to see the effects on her skin. The results were rather amazing, as you can see in the Daily Mail’s original piece.

According to Hogarth, the positive effects of stopping drinking were an all-over thing:

“By now I’m noticing a difference in my skin’s dryness, and not just on my face.

“It sounds unpleasant, but when I used to take off leggings or trousers I often noticed dry flakes of skin left behind. Now there’s hardly anything.

“Equally the backs of my hands are looking less dry and — unless I’m imagining it — marginally  less wrinkly.”

“Alcohol makes skin look red or flushed, which is more obvious in paler complexions like Laura’s. In both the ‘before’ picture and the ‘after one week’ picture her face looks red.

“It can take weeks of no drinking for the blood vessels to constrict fully and redness to disappear altogether.

“If you drink regularly over a number of years — and especially in larger quantities — small peripheral veins can become permanently enlarged after being repetitively expanded, causing thread veins and permanent skin damage.”

EH.pano na,hello kitty banana beer?
:D

AndrewSturm

• Man Whore of the Year
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Man Whore
Re: give up drinking alcohol & have a younger healthy skin
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 07:53:32 pm »
Me thinks.. is that 5 Glasses = 1 glass per day in a week? or 5 Glasses in 1 day of the week? My thoughts are binge drinking is much better than regular drinking. But heck, lets just avoid alcohol..

Though I always thought that red wine a day is good.

Pierro7

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 59
Re: give up drinking alcohol & have a younger healthy skin
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 09:56:37 pm »
I'm not really fond of drinking alcohol. pinapahid ko lang.  laffman::
kidding aside.
hidni talaga ako umiinom. pakisama ko lang sa mga boss. di ko nga makontrol minsan eh.  laffman::
kaya dapat siguro dalasan ko uminom. para mag-dry mukha ko.  ::lmao
A person becomes strong by accepting their fears.