Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Bible VS Science  (Read 14859 times)

AndrewSturm

• Man Whore of the Year
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Man Whore
Re: Bible VS Science
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2013, 11:35:01 pm »
without the Bible, there will be no Sciences.

How?

I agree with sir bluealphazero. Yes science is also prone to corruption and cover ups.

dying4you

• "...ang mamatay nang dahil sa 'yo."
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
Re: Bible VS Science
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2013, 02:31:28 am »
How?

I agree with sir bluealphazero. Yes science is also prone to corruption and cover ups.

I also agree that the Bible is prone to corruption.

Why would there be no Sciences without the Bible?

Education as we know it today was propagated by early Christian monks who has dedicated themselves to translating, archiving, transcripting, and often protecting with their lives if need be. This dedication to the service of transcripting and translating of many texts in different languages (e. g. Hebrew, Greek, Babylonian, etc.) has inevitably created forms of sciences including taxonomy, linguistics, and many others. They have eventually developed the system that led to establishing of institutions that is the framework of universities and schools that we know of today. We practically owe education to the dedication of monks in compiling the book as we know of it- the Bible.
Now, imagine not educating those famous scientists that we took reverence of. I can only name a few, Albert Einstein, Benjamin Franklin, Charles Darwin, Jose Rizal; not that I am saying they are born stupid, but they certainly took their roots from a system of some sort of education, early education.
Now, try comparing Christianity with other religions. Most other religions developed laws and beliefs, mostly tenets - but NOT education. Confucianism in particular had simply developed their literacy into a form of style or art, and did not do much to propagate it as a means of education because they are too busy pleasing or displeasing their monarchs. Ever wondered why early scientists are mostly if not at all westerners?
And science cannot exist without doubt, question, or contradiction. Curiosity and inquisitiveness is the main precursor of scientific study. PRIDE takes people to question an existing "rule" or known belief and also incites themselves with it to persevere until they make a name for themselves by disproving what was commonly existent. I'll make an easy example:
The existence of sects, Christian religions, and Orthodox Catholicism came to be as a contradiction to the oppression of the Mother Church. The Church came first, but because of doubt, Protestants came to be. And after Protestantism, came the formation of many other churches.
So thus explains, the flow of existence. Without nothing to disprove there is nothing we would not want to prove. Despite their primitiveness and inconveniences we still compare ourselves to the dead for self-esteem.