Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: What The Koreans Think about The Filipinos  (Read 5054 times)

ericjohn1986

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
What The Koreans Think about The Filipinos
« on: February 12, 2013, 07:55:55 am »
Dahil na inspired ako kay sir GAT at sa ibang ka espiya natin  8) 8) 8) share ko lang. Hope you will be inspired after reading this guys.

MY SHORT ESSAY ABOUT THE PHILIPPINES by Jaeyoun Kim

Filipinos always complain about the corruption in the Philippines . Do you really think the corruption is the problem of the Philippines ? I do not think so. I strongly believe that the problem is the lack of love for the Philippines.

Let me first talk about my country, Korea . It might help you understand my point. After the Korean War, South Korea was one of the poorest countries in the world. Koreans had to start from scratch because entire country was destroyed after the Korean War, and we had no natural resources.

Koreans used to talk about the Philippines , for Filipinos were very rich in Asia . We envy Filipinos. Koreans really wanted to be well off like Filipinos. Many Koreans died of famine. My father & brother also died because of famine. Korean government was very corrupt and is still very corrupt beyond your imagination, but Korea was able to develop dramatically because Koreans really did their best for the common good with their heart burning with patriotism…

Koreans did not work just for themselves but also for their neighborhood and country. Education inspired young men with the spirit of patriotism.

40 years ago, President Park took over the government to reform Korea . He tried to borrow money from other countries, but it was not possible to get a loan and attract a foreign investment because the economic situation of South Korea was so bad. Korea had only three factories. So, President Park sent many mine workers and nurses to Germany so that they could send money to Korea to build a factory. They had to go through horrible experience.

In 1964, President Park visited Germany to borrow money. Hundred of Koreans in Germany came to the airport to welcome him and cried there as they saw the President Park . They asked to him, “President, when can we be well off?” That was the only question everyone asked to him. President Park cried with them and promised them that Korea would be well off if everyone works hard for Korea , and the President of Germany got the strong impression on them and lent money to Korea . So, President Park was able to build many factories in Korea . He always asked Koreans to love their country from their heart.

Many Korean scientists and engineers in the USA came back to Korea to help developing country because they wanted their country to be well off. Though they received very small salary, they did their best for Korea . They always hoped that their children would live in well off country.

My parents always brought me to the places where poor and physically handicapped people live. They wanted me to understand their life and help them. I also worked for Catholic Church when I was in the army. The only thing I learned from Catholic Church was that we have to love our neighborhood. And, I have loved my neighborhood.

Have you cried for the Philippines ? I have cried for my country several times. I also cried for the Philippines because of so many poor people.. I have been to the New Bilibid prison. What made me sad in the prison were the prisoners who do not have any love for their country. They go to mass and work for Church. They pray everyday. However, they do not love the Philippines . I talked to two prisoners at the maximum-security compound, and both of them said that they would leave the Philippines right after they are released from the prison. They said that they would start a new life in other countries and never come back to the Philippines.

Many Koreans have a great love for Korea so that we were able to share our wealth with our neighborhood. The owners of factory and company were distributed their profit to their employees fairly so that employees could buy what they needed and saved money for the future and their children.

When I was in Korea , I had a very strong faith and wanted to be a priest. However, when I came to the Philippines , I completely lost my faith. I was very confused when I saw many unbelievable situations in the Philippines. Street kids always make me sad, and I see them everyday. The Philippines is the only Catholic country in Asia , but there are too many poor people here. People go to church every Sunday to pray, but nothing has been changed.

My parents came to the Philippines last week and saw this situation. They told me that Korea was much poorer than the present Philippines when they were young. They are so sorry that there are so many beggars and street kids. When we went to Pasangjan, I forced my parents to take a boat because it would fun.. However, they were not happy after taking a boat. They said that they would not take the boat again because they were sympathized the boatmen, for the boatmen were very poor and had a small frame.. Most of people just took a boat and enjoyed it. But, my parents did not enjoy it because of love for them.

My mother who has been working for Catholic Church since I was very young told me that if we just go to mass without changing ourselves, we are not Catholic indeed. Faith should come with action. She added that I have to love Filipinos and do good things for them because all of us are same and have received a great love from God. I want Filipinos to love their neighborhood and country as much as they love God so that the Philippines will be well off.. I am sure that love is the keyword, which Filipinos should remember. We cannot change the sinful structure at once. It should start from person. Love must start in everybody, in a small scale and have to grow. A lot of things happen if we open up to love.

Let’s put away our prejudices and look at our worries with our new eyes. I discover that every person is worthy to be loved. Trust in love, because it makes changes possible. Love changes you and me. It changes people, contexts and relationships. It changes the world. Please love your neighborhood and country. Jesus Christ said that whatever we do to others we do to Him. In the Philippines , there is God for people who are abused and abandoned. There is God who is crying for love. If you have a child, teach them how to love the Philippines . Teach them why they have to love their neighborhood and country. You already know that God also will be very happy if you love others.

That’s all I really want to ask you Filipinos.

I sincerely hope that this essay inspire us all and show LOVE for our homeland.

` ar
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:42:59 pm by laces522 »

Ilonggo-by-blood

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 37
Re: What korean's Think about FILIPINO'S?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 08:15:53 am »

The view of one Korean is not a view of all Korean he maybe right on some point but not in all. Its not that l disagree totally but that was NOT a collective view and effort of all Koreans. In order to make a conclusion or make a statement na....What Korean's Think about FILIPINO'S? dapat ang statement is from a Korean Government and approved by the Korean People.

dapat title niyan is ....What One Korean the author Think about FILIPINO'S?

Dapat ang Author naman is responsible enough to make that essay. Did he stay here in the Philippines long enough to make that conclusion. Kahit na ako'y pinanganak dito and stayed here for more than 30 years I could not say with finality na yan nga ang reason and solution sa problema ng bayan.

So who is he to make that conclusion?

Dragster

• Ang Espiyang Palaboy
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
  • "come drag with me..."
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 08:28:10 am »
nice share, but posted 7 years ago  smoking::

http://espiya.net/forum/index.php/topic,40458.0.html

FERMIN

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
  • hell yeah!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 08:37:50 am »

Ganyan pala tingin nila at iniisip nila tungkol sa pilipinas eh bakit karamihan sa mga kalahi nila eh nakikipagsisikan sa pilipinas? >:( >:(

Ilonggo-by-blood

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 37
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 08:44:16 am »

Ganyan pala tingin nila at iniisip nila tungkol sa pilipinas eh bakit karamihan sa mga kalahi nila eh nakikipagsisikan sa pilipinas? >:( >:(

and l quote hindi nga "Nila" hindi nga collective view iisa nag author or writer.

sajangnim

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
  • HAR-HAR-HAR
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 01:15:22 pm »
I agree, title should be like My advice to the Filipinos or something like that.
Anyway i agree in most of his points. I've been here in Korea for 18 years and I find the Koreans very patriotic. During national holidays, you could see flags in every buildings, houses and streets and always put on their traditional dresses. They are very proud of their country. Generations today have the utmost respect for the elders knowing what they had sacrificed during and after the war. They are also ridiculously hard worker. My boss comes to the office 9am and leaves at 2am. Imitating their work ethics can really help boost our economy.
Only thing i hate is their drinking habits...

bleep

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 18
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 02:39:24 pm »

baka magulat ka. nandito karamihan na koreans ay students. kung well off yung parents, nandito din sila while their children study english. its easier to learn the language when you use it, and english is our second language. after their studies, they head back to korea. they strive to improve themselves and they believe learning english will also help them, their kids and their country.

visit korea first and see the difference first hand. kahit walmart nalugi doon kasi hindi siya talagang korean. starbucks made it there because they partnered up with a korean brand. if any business there is not korean, it will fail.

sa atin, grabe colonial mentality. may bench, folded and hung, maldita etc. pero pag dating ng mga debenhams, forever 21, at uniqlo, tingin mo hindi naapektuhan ang benta ng mga local brands natin?

isa pa, look at our politicians. they love themselves and their family more than their country. puro payaman, di naiisip kung gano kaganda sana ang pinas kung binawasan ang perang nalagay sa bulsa at inilagay na lang nila sa bansa. bilang sa isang kamay ang mahirap na politiko.

tama sinasabi na mahalin mo ang iyong bansa. mahal nga natin pero sige pa din tayo magtapon ng basura sa paligid, naglalagay sa pulis, lulusot sa tulong ng mga naka puestong kaibigan kung kaya. kaya walang kaayusan dito. in other countries its what you know. dito, itsnwho you know.

sana mapaganda ng ating gobyerno ang pinas at maiahon sa kahirapan. it should start with the people. one way to start is to stop electing corrupt politicians.

Anders.Bonifacio

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 05:20:25 pm »
I blame Crab Mentality  :)

arsonista24

• 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 6
  • In ur face!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 07:10:40 pm »
LOVE is a two-way street... it should be give & take...pano mo mamahaln ang isang bansa kung ang bansa di ka minamahal?....

john

• Pioneer
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma -4
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 07:49:49 pm »
Sabi nga sa article, Love your neighborhood.

sajangnim

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
  • HAR-HAR-HAR
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 09:35:10 pm »
LOVE is a two-way street... it should be give & take...pano mo mamahaln ang isang bansa kung ang bansa di ka minamahal?....
ika nga ni JFK, "Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country".

ram_aussie

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 7
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 09:37:05 pm »
The Philippines would be a better place if there will be more unemployed corrupt politicians!

ericjohn1986

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 10:19:50 pm »
baka magulat ka. nandito karamihan na koreans ay students. kung well off yung parents, nandito din sila while their children study english. its easier to learn the language when you use it, and english is our second language. after their studies, they head back to korea. they strive to improve themselves and they believe learning english will also help them, their kids and their country.

visit korea first and see the difference first hand. kahit walmart nalugi doon kasi hindi siya talagang korean. starbucks made it there because they partnered up with a korean brand. if any business there is not korean, it will fail.

sa atin, grabe colonial mentality. may bench, folded and hung, maldita etc. pero pag dating ng mga debenhams, forever 21, at uniqlo, tingin mo hindi naapektuhan ang benta ng mga local brands natin?

isa pa, look at our politicians. they love themselves and their family more than their country. puro payaman, di naiisip kung gano kaganda sana ang pinas kung binawasan ang perang nalagay sa bulsa at inilagay na lang nila sa bansa. bilang sa isang kamay ang mahirap na politiko.

tama sinasabi na mahalin mo ang iyong bansa. mahal nga natin pero sige pa din tayo magtapon ng basura sa paligid, naglalagay sa pulis, lulusot sa tulong ng mga naka puestong kaibigan kung kaya. kaya walang kaayusan dito. in other countries its what you know. dito, itsnwho you know.

sana mapaganda ng ating gobyerno ang pinas at maiahon sa kahirapan. it should start with the people. one way to start is to stop electing corrupt politicians.

I agree with your point sir. Tayo din naman kapwa Pinoy ang dapat magtutulungan. Hopefully dahil sa mga pinag daanan nnating paghihirap ngayon eh maging ganap na mas maging maunlad tayo.

Kaya ako, hanggat kaya ko pa dito sa Pilipinas gagawin ko ang lahat para makatulong sa ating bansa :)

Be Positive lang tayo and always smile  toast::

rougeson

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 11:09:24 pm »
stupido....

-=Kurabo=-

• Patience is a Virtue but Time is Gold
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 48
  • Kurabo
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 02:11:07 am »
pero all in all generally mababa tingin ng Korean sa Pinoy

it ain't over. . .till its over

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 02:25:12 am »
tama naman sya

kapag local brands mga pinoy ma-inggitin

pero kapag foreign brands okay lang iniidolo kaya kumikita ang mga Instsik sa atin

noon 1990's nagtayo ang SM sa CHINA hindi nag-click dahil noon panahon na yon di pa masyadong nagbukas ang CHina sa ibang bansa

theamazingone

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 2
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 02:43:17 am »
kung 22osin. mas mga2ling tau s korean, kc dito sa samsung ang mga boss ko wala. kaya lng kompanya nila 2 kaya cla ang mga boss.

xeoxander01

• Balikatan Participant
  • 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Beware of half truths. You may get the wrong half.
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 10:28:09 am »
nice share, but posted 7 years ago  smoking::

http://espiya.net/forum/index.php/topic,40458.0.html

and the article itself was written 10 years ago..

arabellelopez

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 4
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 10:55:00 am »
I agree, title should be like My advice to the Filipinos or something like that.
Anyway i agree in most of his points. I've been here in Korea for 18 years and I find the Koreans very patriotic. During national holidays, you could see flags in every buildings, houses and streets and always put on their traditional dresses. They are very proud of their country. Generations today have the utmost respect for the elders knowing what they had sacrificed during and after the war. They are also ridiculously hard worker. My boss comes to the office 9am and leaves at 2am. Imitating their work ethics can really help boost our economy.
Only thing i hate is their drinking habits...

ako mismo almost a month lang ako dun sa Itaewon, I just observe patriotic talaga sila... kausuhan ng Gangnam Style ni PSY dun lahat sila tinatankilik every time na pinapatugtog sa bar. "Love their own sila dun" . Pag tayo mga kanta na sobrang sikat na babaduyan tayo sa kanta na natin mismo, sample lang "Pusong Bato" i just requested sa acoustic singer ayaw kantahin kasi daw baduy. Lack of Love sa sariling atin mga PINOY. Totoo yun.... Sa yahoo lang magbasa ka ng comments puro negative mga comments ng kapwa natin pinoy sa kapwa pinoy.

Totoo yan kulang tayo sa pagpapahalaga ng mga nagawa ng bawat Pinoy. magaling na kritiko pero kulang sa pag papahalaga at gawa...

I still hope me pag asa....

click4screw

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 1
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 11:40:10 am »
bottom line, kung maayos kang tao, maganda ang bansa mo.
nag-uumpisa ang pagbabago sa isang indibidual. dahil ang gobyerno at sistema ay binubuo ng tao.
nakakainis pakinggan na "corrupt kasi ang gobyerno eh.." lahat ng bansa may gobyerno. pero hindi lahat corrupt.

lagotdough

• Console Gamers
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 07:58:33 pm »
tutal matatagal na tayo sa espiya. bakit kaya hindi tayo mag organize ng "reach-out" program every month. hmmmm. malamang halos lahat satin medyo nakakaangat sa buhay. ayaw naman simulan ng gobyerno natin. kung may nagsisimula nga ningas kugon naman. bakit di tayo? para mag next level naman pagiging espiya natin :)  :applause ::inposition

arabellelopez

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 4
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2013, 11:37:27 pm »
tutal matatagal na tayo sa espiya. bakit kaya hindi tayo mag organize ng "reach-out" program every month. hmmmm. malamang halos lahat satin medyo nakakaangat sa buhay. ayaw naman simulan ng gobyerno natin. kung may nagsisimula nga ningas kugon naman. bakit di tayo? para mag next level naman pagiging espiya natin :)  :applause ::inposition

ok ako dito.... let's reach out i have to share this from my friend in Ateneo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FgOi4ZR57fA#!

medyo malayo sa topic pero pwedeng pagsimulan ng magandang motivation...

bleep

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 18
Re: What The Koreans Think about The Filipinos
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2013, 01:43:20 am »
I agree with your point sir. Tayo din naman kapwa Pinoy ang dapat magtutulungan. Hopefully dahil sa mga pinag daanan nnating paghihirap ngayon eh maging ganap na mas maging maunlad tayo.

Kaya ako, hanggat kaya ko pa dito sa Pilipinas gagawin ko ang lahat para makatulong sa ating bansa :)

Be Positive lang tayo and always smile  toast::

be positive, be happy for your fellow filipino, and most importantly, be honest. cheers!

lagotdough

• Console Gamers
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2013, 02:16:36 am »
eh kung ganyan palang nagkakasundo tayo lahat. simulan na yan. kaya natin yan. mukhang tayo dapat ang magsimula eh para maging magandang ehemplo. :) game ako dito 101%. :)

ericjohn1986

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2013, 06:42:41 am »
count me in mga ka espiya  :applause :applause :applause

be optitmistic not pessimistic;
be polite not arrogant,
be love and be loved not hatred and jealousy  ::drool ::drool

happy valentines :)