Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: OV-10 Bronco  (Read 7162 times)

rayn1984

Re: OV-10 Bronco
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2008, 05:08:03 am »
i can still say this thing is still suitable for us. considering the type of enememies we have this thing is enough if not too much.

Master Of Disaster (m.d)

• Cool Cat!!
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 10
  • Let's GET it on!!
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2008, 06:31:09 am »

well i guess we shouldn't aspiRE for something we dont need. and i believe this is enough for us since we dont have any enemies with air superiority capabilities

thanks dude.. I mean to say that if the government works the way it is suppose to be!! we could afford to have one!! even if we don't have enemies it is handy to have one it called international symbol..of freedom!!
"The Filipino people, imploring the aid of Divine Providence and desiring to lead a free national existence, do hereby proclaim their independence, and in order to establish a government that shall promote the general welfare, conserve and develop the patrimony of the Nation, and contribute to the c

Master_Blaster

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2009, 11:41:32 pm »
First of all, the Sukhoi SU-25 Frogfoot and other similar eastern hardware were built for a head-on type of battle which is why they were made big, bulky and not as maneuverable.  Simple and tough as they may be, they are not as reliable for our intentions and purposes.

The A-10 and the OV-10 are from similar families but were both designed for other purposes than dogfights.  Hence, the A in A-10 for ATTACK (ground attack) and OV in OV-10 for Observation/Reconnaissance.  Now the A-10 was built with armor in mind because it was meant to swoop really low and attack bunkers and tanks.  It was also meant to survive harsh anti-aircraft fire and can even fly back with most of its wings blown off.  Although jet-powered, it flew slow with a distinctive whine since it allowed pilots to confirm their hits with their nose cannon or rockets before they peeled off.  This was technology for the 80's.  Now we have smart ordnance and laser/gps guided hardware.  These A-10s by the way, are fuel guzzlers. The OV-10 suits our needs just right since we have to fight an insurgency situation deeply rooted and dependent on the masses versus the wars of the west which are more often than not against a more conventional enemy (based on their tactics).