Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Duterte calls new fighter jets ‘waste of money’  (Read 32775 times)

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
Re: Duterte calls new fighter jets ‘waste of money’
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2016, 12:09:52 pm »
You can argue that the fa-50 is part of the equation to counter china. Indeed its a step towards that direction. Still the fact remains the the fa-50 ITSELF is never meant to counter any other nation. Its intended purpose is to train pilots.

But if the next administration will not support the AFP modernization, for the lack of any other choice then the fa-50 will be used as our primary fighter aircraft.

it will depend on who will win... but for the sake of the country, i hope if rd wins, a change of heart will happen...

pumpy

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2016, 10:42:11 pm »
You can argue that the fa-50 is part of the equation to counter china. Indeed its a step towards that direction. Still the fact remains the the fa-50 ITSELF is never meant to counter any other nation. Its intended purpose is to train pilots.

But if the next administration will not support the AFP modernization, for the lack of any other choice then the fa-50 will be used as our primary fighter aircraft.

To "counter" means to go against. That means any vehicle or weapon used to counter a foe will be used for reconnaissance, training, as an interim vehicle or weapon, etc.

In this case, the FA-50 will not be used as a fighter to counter China. Rather, it will be used as a trainer and interim fighter to counter China.

tigerwing

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 54
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2016, 09:16:53 am »
To "counter" means to go against. That means any vehicle or weapon used to counter a foe will be used for reconnaissance, training, as an interim vehicle or weapon, etc.

In this case, the FA-50 will not be used as a fighter to counter China. Rather, it will be used as a trainer and interim fighter to counter China.

if we follow your logic then everything in the airforce, including the lowly T-41 and sf'260 are meant to counter china. They are used to train would be pilots that will eventually fly the fa-50 and our future mrf.

all right, you win..  ::lmao  ::lmao

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2016, 09:37:43 am »
hehehe.. i think the main issue here is regarding the stand of rd on the jets... and my stand is he is wrong... we need the jets for so many purposes...

pumpy

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2016, 10:09:55 pm »
if we follow your logic then everything in the airforce, including the lowly T-41 and sf'260 are meant to counter china. They are used to train would be pilots that will eventually fly the fa-50 and our future mrf.

all right, you win..  ::lmao  ::lmao

That's right, unless the military says that they will be used to counter another threat.

pumpy

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2016, 10:18:43 pm »
hehehe.. i think the main issue here is regarding the stand of rd on the jets... and my stand is he is wrong... we need the jets for so many purposes...

According to the military (see the article I shared earlier), they will be stationed at Subic facing the West Philippine Sea where there is Chinese military presence (see par. 7). The same military states in subsequent paragraphs that the aircraft will be used for both air-to-air combat and air-to-ground combat.

Given that, I doubt that the aircraft were purchased not to counter China, unless the country faces immediate threats involving aircraft from other nations. Of course, air-to-ground combat may involve local insurgencies, etc.

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2016, 11:22:58 am »
According to the military (see the article I shared earlier), they will be stationed at Subic facing the West Philippine Sea where there is Chinese military presence (see par. 7). The same military states in subsequent paragraphs that the aircraft will be used for both air-to-air combat and air-to-ground combat.

Given that, I doubt that the aircraft were purchased not to counter China, unless the country faces immediate threats involving aircraft from other nations. Of course, air-to-ground combat may involve local insurgencies, etc.

if the need arises, it will be used... we have nothing airworthy else to fly except this squadron of fa50...