Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Stop Blaming the Government for Your Poverty  (Read 9696 times)

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
  • Shhh.. Be quiet you might piss somebody off..
Stop Blaming the Government for Your Poverty
« on: December 23, 2014, 04:47:57 am »
Stop Blaming the Government for Your Poverty

by: Bo Sanchez

This message is specifically written for my fellow Pinoys.
Because this has become our national pastime. We like blaming our
personal financial misery on our government.

One day, I was talking to a friend of mine. Over a cup of coffee, he
blurted out in exasperation to me, “Brother Bo, do you know why I’m
poor?” He didn’t wait for my answer. He said, “It’s our (blip) government! From the (blip) policeman on the street to the (blip) President of the Philippines, they’re all (blip) corrupt. This (blip) country is going to the dogs because we’re being run by a bunch of (blip) thieves!” If he’d stopped cursing, we’d have shortened our conversation by half. But I needed to correct a graver mistake.
I said, “Is that the reason why you’re poor?”

“Of course!” his nostrils flared, “I hate those (blip) politicians!”
“Then can you explain to me why your next-door neighbor Henry
is getting richer no matter who sits in Malacañang? In the past three
presidencies, your neighbor built one small business after another.
Did he have a different set of presidents, a different set of senators and
congressmen than you had?”

My friend was caught off-guard. For a moment he just stared at me,
not knowing what hit him.

He was probably used to people agreeing with him all the time, even
joining him in talking about the muck and grime of our politicians.
Well, I think that’s a total waste of my energy.
Personally, I’d rather go to work, build businesses, create jobs and
bless the world—than sit around cursing the government. Anyone can
curse the dark. But it takes a special person to light a small candle in
that darkness.

Don’t blame the government for your poverty.
When you blame them, you’ll constantly wait for your salvation
from the government. But friend, the government won’t save you.
Don’t wait for prosperity from any politician or any form of government.
If you want prosperity, you’ve got to go and create it yourself.
Only you—and God working in you—can create the wealth you want.
Stop blaming the government for your poverty.
May your dreams come true,

Bo Sanchez

P.S. Remember this: "Only you—and God working in you—can create the wealth you want."

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
Re: Stop Blaming the Government for Your Poverty
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 06:18:13 am »
as a general rule i think this is correct.. like one Filipino saying, "nasa diyos ang awa, nasa tao ang gawa..." do not gripe and be in darkness, do something to uplift your life...

as the late JFK would say...  " ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country..."

lolo_jayson

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 04:43:47 am »
The sayings are good but we need cash. Thw government should at least put its citizens in a better position to be rich aka progress. Having less opportunities, coupled with poor governance and education, does not equip its regular citizens equal opportunities.

mocker

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 16
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 10:52:36 am »
In some point Bro Bo Sanchez is correct! but as a filipino citizen you have all the right to blame the government what is happening to our economy. Just to refresh our history after world war II our country "Philippines" are in the list of fast progressive country, the inflation rate was not too high but look at now what happen???

Napag-iwanan na tayo sa lahat ng aspeto ng kaunlaran. Ito po sana ang tungkulin ng ating gobyerno ang panatilihing stable ang  economy kaya may punto din ang kaibigan ni Bro Bo. dahil malaki ang epekto kapag down ang economy ng isang bansa at cguro isa siya sa mga nakaramdam ng epekto nito kaya naisip niya isisi sa mga kabulastugan ng mga buwayang politiko.. At kung ikaw ay good taxpayer di ka kaya mang-gailiti kapag ang perang pinaghirapan mo na kinaltas sa'yo tuwing sweldo eh siya namang nagpapayaman sa mga buwayang politiko??? 

Kung titingnan mo ng mabuti magkano na ba ang National Budget ng Pilipinas? Nasa mahigit 2Trillion na, aba! nakakalulala dahil halos sobra sa triple ng populasyon nito, pero magkano lang ang napupuntang tulong sa mga mahihirap??? Ni hindi nga standard ang ginagawang bahay sa mga nasalanta ng kalamidad at ang pinaka masakit dito bukod sa budget ng gobyerno ay bilyon-bilyon din ang perang tulong ng ibang bansa, ano nangyari? Hanggang ngayon nasa evacuation center or nasa tent pa din cla... Ngayon sino ang masisi ni Juan dela Cruz sa mga nangyayaring ito???
laffman::::fingerpower ::fingerpower ::fingerpower ::fingerpower ::fingerpower b*; bnana gun:: evil::

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 12:08:25 pm »
while what our ka-espiyas have mentioned is right, i have learned to analyze in depth the meaning and substance in the messages that he is writing in which i was able to read.. let us dig deeper with this one in what Bro. Bo Sanchez is trying to tell us...  i will be very objective with this observations and analysis...

1. in the 2 persons he compared, a. the one complaining and b. the one who is working hard, isn't it a reality that in general, most of who are complaining are the ones who are poor, or the ones which has almost nothing yet is still able to hold daily drinking sessions, or gamble playing tong-its and the likes, or go to beerhouses after receiving a weeks salary, or the ones who leaves their provinces in hope of striking rich it here in metro manila, or the ones who at every step of the way would rather do illegal works than sweat for their hard earned money... this list will go a long way just to stress a point.. in comparing the 2nd person with the 1st one, he is trying to imply with all of us that we should strive to achieve our goals by working hard for it and doing everything within legal means... that no matter who is in power, if we will work for something and is within God's Plan for us, then we will achieve it... again, i have seen this kind of people among the poor and i have seen them strive for the education and welfare of their children... their's is the Filipino spirit of perseverance and responsibility, that they have to control and make their destiny and not just rely on others..
2. also, Bro. Bo Sanchez wants to remind us that our fate lies on us... that we should stop being so dependent on others... if we have land, forest and the oceans in our provinces, why not harness the resources there is in it, why force yourself in metro manila where life is a whole lot different.. if we are earning small, then learn to do more so that you will earn more... look for a 2nd job if you can or do some extra income generating endeavor like selling in the streets at night... in short, create the salvation that you need... control your own destiny...
3. lastly, he wants to tell us to change... that one small light is better than to be in total darkness... that if many of us will light our own candle, then this world will be a better place... as a very meaningful songs states.. " it is better to light just one little candle than to stumble in the dark............ and if everyone lit just one little candle what a wonderful world this could be..."

a peaceful evening to everyone...

voltesv

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 12:02:10 pm »
blame mga bumoboto sa mga corrupt mga utouto

juan pablo

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 25
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 01:35:30 pm »

1. in the 2 persons he compared, a. the one complaining and b. the one who is working hard, isn't it a reality that in general, most of who are complaining are the ones who are poor, or the ones which has almost nothing yet is still able to hold daily drinking sessions, or gamble playing tong-its and the likes, or go to beerhouses after receiving a weeks salary, or the ones who leaves their provinces in hope of striking rich it here in metro manila, or the ones who at every step of the way would rather do illegal works than sweat for their hard earned money... this list will go a long way just to stress a point.. in comparing the 2nd person with the 1st one, he is trying to imply with all of us that we should strive to achieve our goals by working hard for it and doing everything within legal means... that no matter who is in power, if we will work for something and is within God's Plan for us, then we will achieve it... again, i have seen this kind of people among the poor and i have seen them strive for the education and welfare of their children... their's is the Filipino spirit of perseverance and responsibility, that they have to control and make their destiny and not just rely on others..

The message is good but if we are really being objective though then we should ask/know the full context of the story. The setting was they were having a cup of coffee then his friend complained/blamed the government for his poor financial situation, after pointing out to his friend the success of his neighbor through multiple business ventures he cuts through with his message saying it was a waste of energy to do that (blaming the government) and he would rather go to work, build businesses, etc.

The problem I see with the story is it implied that his friend was not doing anything productive that might improve his financial situation but remember the setting, a cup of coffee with a friend. What if the friend was just venting his frustration to another friend and when they are done with their cup of coffee that same friend goes back to work hard at his job.

I get it though, the story was tailored to suit his message. Not to say it isn't true, just that he told the story in a way that would support his message much more clearly.

erap

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 9
  • Ceritified Former President!
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 01:38:50 pm »
ask brother bo kung kaya nyang maging si henry sy.. sure ba kayo na hindi un nag cocomplain o wala syang reklamo sa goverment? gaano ka kasure? sige.
YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE, BUT IF YOU DO IT RIGHT, ONCE IS ENOUGH!!!

KaMushroom

• 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 24
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 06:33:18 pm »
why not just "stop blaming"