Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Science: Men everywhere are forgetful!  (Read 8989 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
Science: Men everywhere are forgetful!
« on: January 28, 2014, 07:14:46 am »

A study published in BMC Psychology late last year surveyed over 48,000 participants. They were asked nine questions about their memories, including whether they could recall what they were doing one year ago and whether they remembered details from conversations. For eight out of the nine questions, men expressed the most difficulty.

Both sexes struggled with the same subjects, particularly names and dates. It was also found that for both sexes, higher education correlates with better memory and that anxiety and depression lead to more forgetfulness. Another interesting find is that age isn’t nearly as big a player in forgetfulness as we tend to think. Women between 30 and 50 years experience the same level of forgetfulness.

“It was surprising to see that men forget more than women. This has not been documented before. It was also surprising to see that men are just as forgetful whether they are 30 or 60 years old. The results were unambiguous,” said Professor Jostein Holmen of Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), who worked on the study, in Science Daily.

Science Daily

...so #ladies take pity on your man.
It's not his fault that you have a better memory--it's science!

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
Re: Science: Men everywhere are forgetful!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 11:05:39 am »
I object! I read an article that says the reverse...unfortunately, at the moment,  I can't remember where I saw it.  ;D
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

Pierro7

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 59
Re: Science: Men everywhere are forgetful!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 11:55:05 am »
I don't need to read studies to prove it.
The fact that facebook do it to me almost everyday, like "nag-like pala ako dun?", "alam ko nag-comment ako dun? ... o baka hindi?", etc...

so, what am I saying again?
A person becomes strong by accepting their fears.