Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Mark Muñoz VS Lyota Machida  (Read 4649 times)

kenji_kulet

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
Mark Muñoz VS Lyota Machida
« on: September 29, 2013, 06:14:10 pm »
The unpredictable nature of mixed martial arts is certainly something Mark Munoz is familiar with.

The former NCAA Div. I wrestling champion-turned-middleweight contender has experienced his fair share of twists and turns throughout his career, but enduring has become somewhat of his calling card.

After injury forced him to withdraw from a bout with Chael Sonnen in January of 2012, "The Filipino Wrecking Machine" went to the sidelines and had to let his hopes of a title shot simmer. Eager to get back into the mix, a rushed Munoz return to action resulted in a bigger setback, when he suffered a defeat at the hands of Chris Weidman at UFC on Fuel TV 4 six months later.

This series of events forced the Team Reign leader to take a cold, hard look at his fighting career, and the results of this process produced impressive results. The 35-year-old Southern Californian kicked off a career resurgence at UFC 162 in July, as he manhandled Tim Boetsch over the course of their three-round tilt.

Munoz's performance and conditioning in his victory over "The Barbarian" not only earned him praise throughout the MMA community but also opened the doors to the opportunity to face perennially top-ranked middleweight Michael Bisping.
Fighting "The Count" was a moment Munoz had been waiting for, and due to the unpredictability of the sport, it will be a matchup he'll have to find somewhere down the road.

An eye injury forced the brash Brit out of their Oct. 26 showdown in Manchester, England, and in his stead, the UFC tapped former light heavyweight champion-turned-middleweight Lyoto Machida to step in against Munoz.

When Munoz received word of the change-up, he was admittedly taken by surprise. But nevertheless, he's as game as they come and vows to be ready for "The Dragon" in Manchester.

"It is kind of a crazy turn," Munoz told Bleacher Report. "I didn't even know [Michael] Bisping was hurt, and then all of a sudden, I'm fighting Lyoto Machida in three weeks. I'm down to fight anyone at any time, but I have to admit, the whole thing kind of surprised me because it all came in at the same time and was very last minute. But that is the nature of this game, and you have to be ready for anything.

"Lyoto and I were planning on training together soon because he was fighting Tim Kennedy and I was fighting Bisping, but my opponent got injured, Lyoto stepped in, and now we are going to fight. He is a friend of mine and we have trained together in the past, but that isn't something I have a problem with. I've fought friends before and it's nothing personal. 

"Now, I'll make the adjustments in training and preparing for his style to make sure I'm ready when I step into that cage," he added. "It's an abrupt turn, and Machida has an unorthodox style that is difficult to duplicate, but at the same time, he's never faced anyone who fights the way I do either. It goes both ways in this situation. I only have three weeks to prepare for him, but he only has three weeks to prepare for me as well."

In addition to putting his growing beef with Bisping on hold for the time being, Munoz also has to adjust to what a victory over his new opponent could yield. With Bisping consistently hovering in the upper tier of the division for years, defeating him would have propelled Munoz onto the title radar.

While Machida carries a high profile in the sport, their showdown in Manchester will be the Brazilian's official middleweight debut. With Munoz having his sights set on getting to the 185-pound title, the obstacle ahead may produce a different path in the outcome, and he understands the road to his desired destination is not always clear-cut.

"[Bisping] is the fight that I've been training for and actually waiting for some time to get," Munoz said. "Bisping has been in the top of the division for the majority of his career, and beating him puts me back into the title hunt. That's where I want to be."

"Lyoto is just coming down from light heavyweight and has never been in the division. He's a big name, and a win over him has the potential to put me up there for a title shot, but a win over Bisping would have for sure put me back in it. A win over Machida would do wonders for my career, but at the same time, I have one goal in mind and that is to get that title. I want to get back up into that title mix."

source [Munoz VS Machida Article]

Republika ng Espiya place your bets now any odds? any predictions on this fight?

bAnaNa nUt cRunCh

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 39
  • Positivity
Re: Mark Muñoz VS Lyota Machida
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 06:39:22 pm »
Power vs VERY unorthodox style of fighting. I have a feeling Muñoz is gonna win this one though. Machida hasn't been doing very well his recent fights.
Wala akong sig. Eto nalang >> 2007 | Bravehearts

DinGdOnGDantes

• Do it yourself before someone do it for you!
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
  • Chill chill lang
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 08:48:41 pm »
Machida will just run inside the cage. Pag nakita natin yung Mark Munoz na napanuod natin nung laban nya kay Tim Boetsch, malamang its gonna be a massacre. Baka mangyari ulit ung ginawa ni Rua kay Machida.
Make your statement soft in case you eat it!

raginghormones

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 89
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 11:21:48 pm »
i doubt kung matetakedown ni munoz is machida. yeah machida will run, but he will hit munoz with his unorthrodox counter-punching. and i'm sure machida will make waves at the 185 pound division. i love the filipino wrecking machine, but the dragon is way much talented, experienced and hungrier for a win than him.   ;D

AndrewSturm

• Man Whore of the Year
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Man Whore
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 12:03:48 am »
Interesting match up.

Looking forward to a knee to the face or mid section by Machida on a Mark Munoz takedown attempt.

shaft

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 3
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 01:03:45 am »
i just hope mark Munoz wins this against the dragon machida... goodluck filipino wrecking machine...
the fun starts at 4500 RPM, hit the pedal to the metal....

ichiraku

• Webmasters/Programmer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 43
  • Now you see me, now you dont.
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 04:09:53 am »
Gulat naman ako dito sa match up na to, ayaw ko kasi maglaban sila, parehong Idol yan eh. haha... Ever since, I like the fighting style of Lyoto, but I'm still routing for the Filipino Heart...
Once na ma takedown ni Munoz si Machida, alam na...
Kailangan ng sobra sobra sobrang ingat ni Munoz sa standing position...

Goodluck Munoz!  toast::
PUSO lang!

SpyDrew

• i run, i row, i climb...
  • Certified SpyGirl
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 04:48:11 am »
Its a tough fight for both guys. Theyre friends and trained together in the past.

I think Mark is good enough to get Machida down but Machida could end it on the feet if he avoids the clinch.

I was looking forward to this fight. Ofcourse MArk Munoz pa din ako.  toast::
There isnt a day that goes by where I dont at some point think of you.. 😙💋💚 #missingyou

dragonking57

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 220
  • "I imagined a dragon inside myself."
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 05:14:18 am »
Munoz dahil sa PINOY ako..pero mas mabilis si Machida kahit galing pa ng LHW. Iiwas lang sa clinch at takbo takbo..decision na kay Machida. Mabagal pa take down ni Munoz mauuhan ng knee o kick bago makuha yung take down. GnP DonkeyKong lang pag asa ni Munoz para di na makatayo si Machida pag nakuha nya yung takedown.

kenji_kulet

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 06:59:18 am »
lahat pala tayo gusto si Munoz manalo  toast::

Ilonggo-by-blood

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 37
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 09:39:39 am »
Machida one of my favorite fighter, l might be a little prejudice, dahil pinoy ako but Machida has weak points against sa wrestlers.

And among the hardest hitters on the ground is Munoz.

Hopefully Munoz wins but l am not too positive.

GO PINOY!!

schwack

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 25
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 12:05:22 pm »
Munoz is a natural Middleweight where in his opponent is coming from light heavyweight division, Its hard to trim your weight rather than add some more weight, So I'm looking forward for some wrestling moves coming from Munoz this time.

HEIDERN

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 11
  • BITAG X-TREME
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 08:57:46 am »
kinakabahan ako sa labang to parehas kong mga idol.........kelangan talaga ma take down agad ni munos si machida then gnp yun lang talaga pag asa niya......

Ilonggo-by-blood

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 37
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2013, 07:49:46 pm »

Munoz got TKO'd in First round!!  Walang laban hindi nga tinamaan si Machida...

Months of hard training was futile. So Munoz will be another Gate Keeper

raberdaki

• 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 17
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2013, 09:50:25 pm »
olats tinamaan ng headkick ni machida.... pero great respect to machida alam niya na "lights out" na talaga si muñoz di na bumitaw pa ng follow up strike

HEIDERN

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 11
  • BITAG X-TREME
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2013, 12:30:50 am »
expected ko na to.....hindi man lang nahirapan si machida... toast::

raginghormones

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 89
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2013, 09:07:52 am »
sabi na machida to e, ni hindi man lang nakaporma si munoz tsktsk

Smitty Werben Man Jensen

• Once I met this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy...
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 56
  • who knew this guy's cousin!
  • Special Skills: Necromancy
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2013, 09:17:23 am »
badtrip to kanina sa balls, kung kelan main event na sabay nawalan ng cable haha, inabangan ko pa naman kahit delayed.

download mode tuloy ako, hindi ba karate kid style yung finisher? favorite ko abangan to si machida ever since that crane kick he pulled off against randy c. lmao

madcarabao

• Chief Carabao
  • Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
  • Pinoyspy is the reason why i surf the net!
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2013, 09:35:04 am »
Grabe pagpapapayat ni machida..

AndrewSturm

• Man Whore of the Year
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Man Whore
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2013, 09:59:36 am »
Machida doesn't even cut for LHW that is why he is now fighting at his supposed weight class. MW class is now shaking up!

Ilonggo-by-blood

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 37
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2013, 10:05:37 am »
yung naka badtrip is si Machida grabe ang training at weight cut sabay inum ng ihi.....Si Mark Munoz naman grabe ang sipag sa pag promote ng kung anu anu. Nawalan tuloy ng focus sa game plan.

Gate keeper on the making

AndrewSturm

• Man Whore of the Year
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Man Whore
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2013, 10:10:55 am »
yung naka badtrip is si Machida grabe ang training at weight cut sabay inum ng ihi.....Si Mark Munoz naman grabe ang sipag sa pag promote ng kung anu anu. Nawalan tuloy ng focus sa game plan.

Gate keeper on the making

Affected ka brader masyado hehe. And I doubt Munoz is slacking off sa training to get into that condition.

Ilonggo-by-blood

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 37
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2013, 10:21:01 am »
Affected ka brader masyado hehe. And I doubt Munoz is slacking off sa training to get into that condition.

yes affected ako dahil dito http://www.skybet.com

now my paypal is just hurting. I bet against Bisping but l retained the bet kahit alam ko na si Machida.

Yes slacking dahil dami niyang tour sa Pinoy community sa California. at etc etc
ayan

zensuke101

• The Laughing Man
  • Webmasters/Programmer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 80
  • "The Catcher in the Rye"
    • Public Security Section 9
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2013, 01:40:02 pm »
ang balis naman nagtapos
parang wala lang

kenji_kulet

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2013, 02:21:17 pm »
 :applause i like it how Machida and Muñoz give big respect for each other at the end