Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Vinegar-Based Test could save thousands of Women's lives  (Read 1644 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
Vinegar-Based Test could save thousands of Women's lives
« on: June 02, 2013, 02:01:25 pm »

A new study released today found that cervical cancer deaths can be slashed by as much as one-third using a simple and inexpensive ingredient -- vinegar. Experts have called the news flat out "amazing," and the implications for women are just that.

In the study, released today at the American Society of Clinical Oncology meeting in Chicago, researchers found that after studying 150,000 women in India, a simple vinegar test cut the cervical cancer  death rate by 31 percent. It's thought that it could prevent more than 72,000 deaths annually  worldwide

Pap smears are readily available to screen for HPV (the virus that causes most cervical cancer) elsewhere in the world they are not due to costs and the need for training and lab equipment. So millions of women aren't screened, and many then die of cancer because they do not get treatment early enough, if at all. Having this test easily available will save lives -- lots of lives.

Besides being inexpensive -- the vinegar test costs less than $1 per woman, while a Pap smear costs about $15 -- it also doesn't have to be done by a medical professional. Anyone with a couple weeks of training can do it. According to the Wall Street Journal, the vinegar used "is not quite off-the-shelf household vinegar" but it's not far from it. When it's applied to the cervix, it can make pre-cancerous tissues turn white, which can be seen with no microscope. (This study tried a test that costs very little and can be done by local people with just two weeks of training and no fancy lab equipment. They swab the cervix with diluted vinegar, which can make abnormal cells briefly change color.)

Dr. Ted Trimble of the National Cancer Institute told the Associated Press, "That's amazing. That's remarkable. It's a very exiting result."

good news!yay!halleluyah!amen!syangapo! :applause  b*;

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
Re: Vinegar-Based Test could save thousands of Women's lives
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 03:51:15 am »
matagal na ginagawa 5-6 years ago pa they used cane vinegar

di ko lang alam kung bakit kailangan del-monte pa ang dapat gamitin

kaso dahil inexpensive nga madaming matatamaan na business kaya di gaanong sikat sa pinas yan

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 04:15:14 am »
matagal na ginagawa 5-6 years ago pa they used cane vinegar

di ko lang alam kung bakit kailangan del-monte pa ang dapat gamitin

kaso dahil inexpensive nga madaming matatamaan na business kaya di gaanong sikat sa pinas yan

yikes, di pala sya good news na sa pinas , choosy pa sa atin  ;D

BaTistAbomB

• unleash the BEAST
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 176
  • I'M ON VACATION ;)
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 04:48:44 am »
thanks for sharing this, a relative is battling cancer right now, really a struggle 8)

*Colt-CIS /.45, M16 Baby, Glock 18C..GunBan Exempted Security*

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 05:17:11 am »
yikes, di pala sya good news na sa pinas , choosy pa sa atin -

tama di good news kase mawawalan sila ng commission

noon nag-work ako sa government puro seminar ang ginagawa namin dito we waste few budget for this seminar and yet in the end di naman nagagamit sayang lang yung pera

4 batch ata ang ginawa namin