Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Steve Jobs.... Resigns  (Read 11889 times)

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
Steve Jobs.... Resigns
« on: August 24, 2011, 11:48:53 am »
i may not be an Apple fan but i can appreciate everything you brought for the world of technology and the challenges you presented everyone in the industry to surpass and innovate above the standards that you created, thank you sir

Steve Jobs:

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.

As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.

I believe Apple's brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.

I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 10:06:31 pm by bodieph »

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
Re: Steve Jobs.... Resigns
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 11:54:00 am »
mods paedit Stevie hahaha

Adonai

• <3 2 F ur MoM
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 38
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 11:58:42 am »
Kudos Steve Jobs for what you have done! I wonder how much is his retirement fee.
You're not your. This not these. It's not its. We're not were.

Thanks Gat J.P. Rizal for the Arsenal shirt. <3

melecee

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 12:36:39 pm »
may sakit si steve... matagal na yan, noong yatang 2006 maraming nagsasabing mamamtay na siya e.
good move yun at least plantsado na dati na silang nagkakagulo dahil sa karamdaman niya e(stock holder).

old_navy43

• .a CHEF on the RUN.
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 49
  • "if the mind can believe, the body can achieve"
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 01:32:27 pm »
Steve Jobs quit so he can hurry up and take his seat on the "Arc." lol

gkhan

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 15
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 05:06:06 pm »
Well, we can just appreciate what he has done for the entire IT industry. He brought us iphone, ipad, ipod, the Mac and the OS operating system. Samsung gave them their highest acolade when they brought out their Galaxy tab (a copy of the ipad) and the iphone look-a-like of their smartphones.  I have always been a user of a mac and an iphone and you can just be amazed with the ease of use of their operating system.  Indeed, the two titans of the industry, Bill and Steve have had their days and have earned the respect of the entire IT world - each bringing out an operating system that changed our way of life.  The world will be forever grateful to these two fine gentlemen.

Paprika

• Melodramatic Fool
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Boy Haiku
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 05:23:01 pm »
Chairman pa rin siya, malakas pa rin hawak ni Hand Jobs sa Apple, same responsibilities, requiring easier work.
I know a word that starts with F and ends in UCK. Firetruck.

voyager_

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 34
  • ROG Strix GL753-VE
    • "The Iglesia Ni Cristo"
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 05:27:35 pm »
Chairman pa rin siya, malakas pa rin hawak ni Hand Jobs sa Apple, same responsibilities, requiring easier work.

Apple's legendary co-founder and top ideas man Steve Jobs resigned as chief executive Wednesday, the company said, in a long expected move after he began a dramatic fight with cancer.

In a written statement, Apple, the world's second biggest company by market capitalization, announced that chief operating officer Tim Cook would take over as CEO but that Jobs would stay on as chairman of the board.

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/steve-jobs-resigns-apple-ceo-225208440.html
Rom 1:23  At pinalitan nila ang kaluwalhatian ng Dios na hindi nasisira, ng isang katulad ng larawan ng tao na nasisira, at ng mga ibon, at ng mga hayop na may apat na paa, at ng mga nagsisigapang.

bodieph

• Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 10:13:42 pm »
market positioning lang yan. alam naman natin na lumiliit ang market share ng apple lately and this in turn has made investors wary. with jobs quitting, it somehow gives the picture na magkakaron ng bagong direction ang apple and hopefully gain back some investor confidence.

if you notice, chairman of the board parin naman siya. so halos nothing changes, but his title.

Paprika

• Melodramatic Fool
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Boy Haiku
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 02:27:01 am »
Still sad of the fact na kung hindi dahil sa Apple, hindi sana magkakagulo ang Hewlett-Packard ngayon. Pero in all fairness sariling gawain din nila iyon.
I know a word that starts with F and ends in UCK. Firetruck.

DjDaveTrance

• "A real man gives up one night stands, for a woman he can't stand one night without"
  • Regional: Cebu
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 270
  • Pioneer/VIP/Staff/Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 11:13:01 am »
Still sad of the fact na kung hindi dahil sa Apple, hindi sana magkakagulo ang Hewlett-Packard ngayon. Pero in all fairness sariling gawain din nila iyon.

Ha? Ganun ba? bakit dahil sa Apple? Info bro di ko ata alam yan! ??? ???

SpyTamers

• The Hitch-Hiker-Hunter 2006
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 43
  • Tamers Simply Amazing !
    • Tamers Homepage !
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 07:06:53 pm »
Mas maganda kung nag resign na siya....... magaling naman yong pinapalit eh..... hehheheehhe :D