Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Benefits of Taking a Nap  (Read 1475 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
Benefits of Taking a Nap
« on: September 05, 2013, 03:31:42 pm »

Boosts Performance

Napping for as little as 15 to 20 minutes a day helps to boost your performance at work. Fatigue robs you of the energy and motivation required to do your job at optimal efficiency. If at work you perform duties vital to public safety, such as in law enforcement, driving, health care or piloting, you must stay alert. A study by Alertness Solutions, a sleep study center, found that pilots for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration who took short naps saw a 34 percent increase in performance and a 54 percent increase in alertness for the next three to four hours.

Increases Decision-Making

A 30 to 60-minute nap -- known as slow-wave sleep -- can help increase the brain's ability to make decisions. Though this is not a deep sleep, it is enough time for the brain to reset itself, helps with short-term memory and enhances the ability to remember directions. Napping for 60 to 90 minutes increases your brain's capability to tackle creative problems.

Decreases Heart Attack Risk

Naps restore your energy levels by giving your body a chance to recuperate. If you work in a physically taxing job such as construction or landscape maintenance, replenishing your energy may help increase productivity. When your body is rested, stamina levels increase, allowing you to work for longer periods of time. There may also be some cardiovascular benefits to napping. Societies that practice regular napping experience a 37 percent decrease in heart-related deaths, according to the Archives of Internal Medicine's 2007 study.

Reduces Stress

Naps are also beneficial because they put your body in a state of relaxation, which helps ease stress. When you experience stress, physical symptoms include muscle ache, headache, tremors, heartburn, breathing problems, chest pain and an accelerated heartbeat. Businesses have taken note, and some now offer relaxation rooms or equipment to help manage employee stress. Nike makes quiet rooms available to employees to take power naps or to meditate. Google employees who work in the company's Mountain View, California, headquarters have access to napping pods. Manufacturers have started producing nap chairs with ergonomic support and noise-canceling headphones. These chairs are sold to companies such as Procter and Gamble and Cisco Systems for use by employees.

NAP can make you a better person & can save your life-

xeoxander01

• Balikatan Participant
  • 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Beware of half truths. You may get the wrong half.
Re: Benefits of Taking a Nap
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 12:35:15 am »
I shall forward this to my boss..  ::laffman