Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: A cup of coffee a day keeps the doctors away  (Read 1330 times)

zaraki kenpachi

• self improvement is masturbation...self destruction is the answer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 14
  • pagmulat ng mata...langit nakatawa...
A cup of coffee a day keeps the doctors away
« on: January 09, 2009, 08:03:42 am »
para sa mga mahilig tumambay sa starbucks. ako hanggang 3-in-1 sachet lang .

http://www.canadianliving.com/health/nutrition/a_cup_of_coffee_a_day_keeps_the_doctor_away.php

Benefits of coffee
-people who drank one to four cups of coffee daily had half the liver cancer risk of those who never drank coffee
-A study by researchers at the Harvard School of Public Health that followed more than 125,000 men and women for more than a decade found that regular coffee drinkers had a significantly lower risk of developing type 2 (or late-onset) diabetes
-A half-dozen recent international studies showed a positive relationship between drinking caffeinated beverages -- including coffee -- and lower rates of Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease
-reduced risk of cirrhosis of the liver, colon cancer and asthma.
-A cup or two of coffee can improve endurance in activities such as running, cycling and swimming, according to other research. Coffee has a strong ergogenic effect, meaning it helps people work harder and longer

The benefits are a blessing to coffee lovers, but there's a price to pay. Because caffeine is a mild stimulant to the central nervous and cardiovascular systems, it can temporarily raise your blood pressure and, in larger doses, cause sleeplessness, anxiety and nervousness. “Caffeine jazzes up your body and creates a stress reaction,” explains Dr. David Posen, a stress-management consultant in Oakville, Ont.

Caffeine is habit-forming, too, and although not technically addictive, it can cause some mild withdrawal symptoms such as headaches, fatigue or drowsiness if you stop cold turkey.

Moderation is best
So what's the bottom line? Overall, coffee consumed in moderation is safe. After reviewing numerous studies on the effects of caffeine on human health, researchers at Health Canada recently concluded that for the average adult, a moderate intake of caffeine (400 to 450 milligrams per day, or the equivalent of three to four 8-ounce cups of brewed coffee) “is not associated with any adverse effects.”

my country is the world and my religion is to do good

Paprika

• Melodramatic Fool
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Boy Haiku
Re: A cup of coffee a day keeps the doctors away
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 08:30:37 am »
Coffee lang ako kung feel ko lang. Mga once in six months.  ;D
I know a word that starts with F and ends in UCK. Firetruck.

Queso

• Chinita Inspector
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 30
  • i ♥ chinita
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 12:18:25 pm »
ako di matatapos ang araw ng hindi nagkakape..  toast::

VeilSpy

• 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 28
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 07:41:36 pm »
ako baliktad.. pag nagkakape.. inaantok ako! hahaha! weird! Dati pa gingawa ko inom muna kape bago matulog! Bute nalang ngayon mejo may talab na kape saken.. siguro sadyang antukin lang tlga ako  music::

Bonerskinners

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
  • The Doctor is IN
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 08:43:19 pm »
yup ako din ganun... inaantok sa kape... siguro dahil malakas ako mag asukal... sugar crash ako lage... mas nagigising pa ko sa coke...

chockies

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 2
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 01:40:36 am »
Ako once lang.. Every morning to start my day
A Spy will always be a SPY :D

Dragster

• Ang Espiyang Palaboy
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
  • "come drag with me..."
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 03:07:05 am »
ayos to ah! may benefit pala ang pagiging adik sa kape. nakaka 4 ako mag hapon eh!  bnana bnana