Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Does Harry Potter promote witchcraft?  (Read 18564 times)

Van Gogh

• MENTALLY DISORDERED
  • Pioneer VIP
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 0
  • ROCK ON
Re: Does Harry Potter promote witchcraft?
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2007, 02:39:19 am »
siguro nga pwedeng sumagi rin sa isip ni JK rowling na ipromote ang withcraft through harry potter, pero nasa tao na yun, atsaka ang main purpose tlga nung libro is to entertain.. ;D

kung sakkaling makaimpluwensiya nman ito sa bata, san to magaaral? :-\
YOUR NOT HARDCORE
UNLESS YOU LIVE HARDCORE

POSERS DIE!

hardshaft17

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2007, 04:43:57 am »
    Nope... if you are asking if there is real intent. Yes... with regards to the book and the movies making wizardry and witchcraft more endearing and popular in a different sort of way, albeit done unconsciously. Popular stuff always influences us consciously or subconsciously... fiction or real. It is up to us to discern which to take seriously and which to discard or dismiss as a trend or fad. Regarding its influence on the youth especially kids, I think most if not all are equip enough with the proper education to read Harry Potter since the books do not come cheap. So anyone who has read it has undergone some form of education to know that it is a work of fiction that is there merely to entertain.                                                                                                                                                      I agree with Toblerone and Ethereal and with the others who think it promotes reading and stimulates the imagination.  I don't agree with Metal1369 since the movies are very much lacking in plot, length, details and emotion to give the public the needed characterization to diminish their imagination. Especially the movies about books 3, 4 and 5, the director opted to be more creative and cinematic instead of sticking to the plot and capture the entirety of the story. Nothing wrong with being artistic really, I just wish they reserve their creativeness and cinematic talents on movies that are not an adaptation from a book or novel like Harry Potter.
    I totally agree with Van Gogh on his point that if the kids do intend to practice wizardry and witchcraft because of Harry Potter... where do they start and learn? Hogwarts? or espiya School of Witchcraft and Wizardry? :P :D ;) toast::

dark_machine

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 2
  • Doubt is the best element for seeking the reality
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2010, 07:30:19 am »
Not only HP promote wizardry/witchcraft,even online games and any other fairy tales. In other side HP promotes creativity,friendship and proper attitudes like the main character "Harry". Wla akong nakktang masama sa HP, nsa tao nlng talga un kung paano nya ihahandle ang napapanood nya. San nga naman mag-aaral ng Witchcraft ang mga bata? If children get older they will just realize that HP is only fantasy like Santa Claus.

Sab nga nila kung anong mabunga yun ang binabato ng mga tao, hitik sa bunga ang HP sa ngaun, pero bka sa kababato e maubos na bunga nito at maging part nlng ng movie/book history...
"The one that stands in the shadow might see the one who is the light, but the one standing in the light doesn't see anything standing in the shadow."