Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: The idea that “it takes money to make money  (Read 9367 times)

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
  • Shhh.. Be quiet you might piss somebody off..
The idea that “it takes money to make money
« on: December 28, 2014, 02:00:28 pm »
“The idea that “it takes money to make money” is the thinking of financially unsophisticated people. It does not mean that they’re not intelligent. They have simply not learned the science of money making money. Money is only an idea. If you want more money, simply change your thinking. Every self-made person started small with an idea, and then turned it into something big. The same applies to investing. It takes only a few dollars to start and grow it into something big. I meet so many people who spend their lives chasing the big deal, or trying to amass a lot of money to get into a big deal, but to me that is foolish. Too often I have seen unsophisticated investors put their large nest egg into one deal and lose most of it rapidly. They may have been good workers, but they were not good investors. Education and wisdom about money are important. Start early. Buy a book. Go to a seminar. Practice. Start small. I turned $5,000 cash into a one-million-dollar asset producing $5,000 a month cash flow in less than six years. But I started learning as a kid. I encourage you to learn, because it’s not that hard. In fact, it’s pretty easy once you get the hang of it. I think I have made my message clear. It’s what is in your head that determines what is in your hands. Money is only an idea. There is a great book called Think and Grow Rich. The title is not Work Hard and Grow Rich. Learn to have money work hard for you, and your life will be easier and happier. Today, don’t play it safe. Play it smart.”

― Robert T. Kiyosaki

juan pablo

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 25
Re: The idea that “it takes money to make money
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 11:30:26 am »
It is weird that he categorizes people who think that "it takes money to make money" as financially unsophisticated but then proves later that it does take money to make money.

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
  • Shhh.. Be quiet you might piss somebody off..
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 12:44:09 pm »
It is weird that he categorizes people who think that "it takes money to make money" as financially unsophisticated but then proves later that it does take money to make money.

Hindi mo naintindihan yung gusto nya e point out kapatid. I know someone who started a business from zero cash gamit nya lang diskarte. Maraming yumaman na hindi naglabas ng pera ginamit lang utak or idea (in a legal way). Yung gusto nyang e point dito is that madalas kasing ginagawa ng tao na pang "EXCUSE" yung "It takes money, to make money" kaya hindi sila makapag umpisa ng negosyo or gumawa ng hakbang para guminhawa ang buhay. Dahil ang sinasabi palagi ay "WALA AKONG PANG CAPITAL" Ayaw pa andarin yung utak nila dahil ayaw nilang humanap ng paraan. Kung meron mang pang capital "TAKOT" dahil ang iniisip lagi ay "naku baka malugi or mawala yung capital" kaya nya tinawag na unsophisticated.  Kaya nya sinabi dito and I quote. "They may have been good workers, but they were not good investors. Education and wisdom about money are important. Start early. Buy a book. Go to a seminar. Practice. Start small." 

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 12:53:53 pm »
interesting article... three lines that summarizes what he wants us to understand...

Money is only an idea...

Learn to have money work hard for you, and your life will be easier and happier...

and ...

Today, don’t play it safe. Play it smart...

juan pablo

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 25
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 07:45:20 am »
Hindi mo naintindihan yung gusto nya e point out kapatid. I know someone who started a business from zero cash gamit nya lang diskarte. Maraming yumaman na hindi naglabas ng pera ginamit lang utak or idea (in a legal way). Yung gusto nyang e point dito is that madalas kasing ginagawa ng tao na pang "EXCUSE" yung "It takes money, to make money" kaya hindi sila makapag umpisa ng negosyo or gumawa ng hakbang para guminhawa ang buhay. Dahil ang sinasabi palagi ay "WALA AKONG PANG CAPITAL" Ayaw pa andarin yung utak nila dahil ayaw nilang humanap ng paraan. Kung meron mang pang capital "TAKOT" dahil ang iniisip lagi ay "naku baka malugi or mawala yung capital" kaya nya tinawag na unsophisticated.  Kaya nya sinabi dito and I quote. "They may have been good workers, but they were not good investors. Education and wisdom about money are important. Start early. Buy a book. Go to a seminar. Practice. Start small." 

Oh I know what he wanted to point out, he was talking about the negative interpretation of the idea that it takes money to make money,  but his opening statement says that every person that thinks "it takes money to make money" is financially unsophisticated. That is what I don't agree on, because not every person interprets that idea the same way.

The idea that it takes money to make money in itself is true, in most cases anyway. If you did not use cash/money then you used other assets which you purchased using money or if you have a great idea then you can search for investors to fund your idea. Investing needs money/asset, however small the investment is. He even said that he used $5000 to start his small investment. So he used money to make more money.

The whole idea he was pointing out was the same as your other posts, getting financial education. I don't have a problem with that, the only point that I disagree on was his opening statement.