Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Setting Yourself Up to Win  (Read 9138 times)

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
  • Shhh.. Be quiet you might piss somebody off..
Setting Yourself Up to Win
« on: December 19, 2014, 02:25:40 am »

he key to long-term investment success

“Show me a good loser, and I’ll show you a loser.” – Vince Lombardi

We all love success. We love to win. And when it comes to the investing game, you should be in it to win it.

If you’re just starting out in investing and want to build long-term success, it’s especially important to experience a little success at the beginning.

A little success builds confidence

When you lose, especially on your first investment, then doubts can begin to creep in. Thoughts pop into your head such as, “Maybe I’m not cut out for this,” or “I don’t want to lose any more money,” or “Who am I kidding, I can’t do this!” It’s a lot easier and much more fun to move on to your second investment when you’ve had a win on your first.

Self-confidence is a magnificent byproduct of investing success. It is also a crucial ingredient to achieving your financial independence. The more your confidence builds from those early wins, the more willing you’ll be to trust your judgment when investing. And the more you trust yourself, the less fear will be a factor in your decision-making process. Those first investment wins set you up for a lifetime of success.

A little success shuts down critics

There are probably people around you who insist that investing is risky. They are the ones who can’t wait to cut out the articles about the couple who lost their life savings in the stock market or the looming real estate collapse…and they send those articles right to you!

These are the type of people who love to be right, who are literally waiting for you to fail. Then they sweep in to comfort you with “There, there’s” or to scold you with “I told you so’s.” I can tell you from experience, there’s nothing sweeter than proving them wrong with a little investment success. Success is the best revenge.

A little success is a lot of fun!

You want to make money, right? That’s the name of this game. I guarantee that as soon as you see that first bit of profit from your investment efforts, everything changes. Investing becomes a lot of fun. Remember, that investing is a game. Sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose. But games are meant to be fun, and making money is definitely fun!