Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: The Leopard 2A4, M60A3 & AMX-30B2s  (Read 3508 times)

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
  • Shhh.. Be quiet you might piss somebody off..
The Leopard 2A4, M60A3 & AMX-30B2s
« on: April 03, 2014, 07:35:48 pm »

The Leopard 2A4, M60A3 & AMX-30B2s are not the only Main Battle Tanks to be potentially bought once legalized funds are available, the bidding will be open to defense firms that are capable of giving maintenance & support systems as well.

alexchio9

• 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
Re: The Leopard 2A4, M60A3 & AMX-30B2s
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 09:35:45 am »
Next phase is ABRAMS M1A1 tanks 20 units
AN OFFER CAN'T REFUSE....

kingkazz

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 02:31:16 am »
I think it will be better for us to buy Javelin anti-tank missiles instead of MBTs. First of all the tanks might get stuck in the mud. The lands in this country is softer due to the archipelagic nature of our lands. Second, in the event of an invasion I think that the best way to fight our invaders is in a guerilla warfare. Just like what the vietcong did, and look at the results of the VCs tactics. In short, a tank would be burden in our country's national defense because we are an archipelago. We must invest more on our Navy and Air Force. Prevent the invaders from reaching the homeland. If the invaders do set foot in our country, engage them in guerilla warfare. This is our backyard which gives us tactical advantage over our invaders.

Just my thoughts, constructive criticisms are accepted

freeyourmind

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 88
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 09:35:22 am »
the actual bidding!? actually we really need replacement for the british light tank. maybe updated apc's?

asanti

• 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 7
  • WHO DARES WINS
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 11:20:27 pm »
i agree with kingkazz ... MBT's in general will burden rather than help us with a country like ours we need and army that is quick moving but packs a great punch or it will be isolated in one island  while the enemy is island hopping around .

think that only in some parts of luzon we have strong bridges maybe near urban centers, the rest make do with maximum 25 tons and sadly i saw in my travels many needs shoring up . I imagine an MBT on top of a tank transporter will be too much weight for this bridges. We need heavy ships, good ports, tank transporter and good logistics depot at strategic points all over phil. to support having an MBT force. ... ubos ang budget he he

Hitler in all his genius after world war one give germany one of the best road system in europe (the 'autobahn"] all the other countries envied and admired it , they do not know it is for the heavy panzer divisions to pass through during world war two, you see hitler implement the five P's (proper planning prevent poor performance) to his war plans

we  can organize our units into combine force of infantry, anti armor and anti air and train them now in coordinated manuever with proper logistics and weapons .. this will be an effective way of fighting in a country like ours

We dont need to kill all invaders in this age of social media . if we make it costly for them in personnel KIA, material loss and time losses , their government will fall due to pressure from their own citizens, as the body count increases the popularity of the government decreases

GOD GIVE US TWO EARS, TWO EYES, and ONE MOUTH so that we may look and listen twice but talk only once

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 02:15:29 pm »
I think it will be better for us to buy Javelin anti-tank missiles instead of MBTs. First of all the tanks might get stuck in the mud. The lands in this country is softer due to the archipelagic nature of our lands. Second, in the event of an invasion I think that the best way to fight our invaders is in a guerilla warfare. Just like what the vietcong did, and look at the results of the VCs tactics. In short, a tank would be burden in our country's national defense because we are an archipelago. We must invest more on our Navy and Air Force. Prevent the invaders from reaching the homeland. If the invaders do set foot in our country, engage them in guerilla warfare. This is our backyard which gives us tactical advantage over our invaders.

Guerilla tactics is not gonna work anymore if the invaders decided to just eliminate a non compliant population any guerilla ambush,killing of the invaders will be countered with for every 1 dead equals to 10 mostly children and the elderly.Terrorize the civilians and they will turn in those guerillas quick. The invaders wont have no apathy since they consider the conquered as monkeys.
So the best way is to meet them halfway gotta have some SAMs,SSM land based they will think twice to go farther.

kingkazz

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 05:05:36 am »

Examine the US actions in Afghanistan and Iraq. Did the Americans killed 10 children for every soldier killed by the enemy? What you're implying (direct killing of civilians) is considered as war crime. And I don't think that any uniformed military will risk that. That is bad PR and will get condemnation from the International Community

dorodexplorer

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 1
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 11:18:48 pm »
we dont need tanks.... For counter insergency--- pwede na attack hellicopter/super tocano.... for territorial defence- SAMs, Anti ship missiles, and Anti submarine missiles...... tapos additional naval ships....

Krasnakova

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 01:13:05 am »
We need an amphibious battle tank..... a battle tank which can travels on water and land....

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 08:25:45 am »
Guerilla tactics is not gonna work anymore if the invaders decided to just eliminate a non compliant population any guerilla ambush,killing of the invaders will be countered with for every 1 dead equals to 10 mostly children and the elderly.Terrorize the civilians and they will turn in those guerillas quick. The invaders wont have no apathy since they consider the conquered as monkeys.
So the best way is to meet them halfway gotta have some SAMs,SSM land based they will think twice to go farther.

kung presidente mo si KIM JUNG-UN pwede yan

kaso america or china gagawin yan

kung gagawin yan ng china or america or any invading  against yan sa geneva convention sa panahon natin ngayon sensitivie ang mga citizen sa ganyan 

back to topic
di natin kailangan ng MBT malaki mabigat at matakaw sa gasolina
tsaka ngayon guided na ang mga missiles kahit gaano pa kakapal ang armor nyan wala na silang panama
may bala ang howitzer ngayon na may GPS installed na

Kcatral

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 11
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 09:11:19 am »

Kingkazz bro I dont agree that we should not buy tanks look at what happened at the US Delta force and Rangers when they fought the warlords of Somalia if you remember the Story of black hawk down wherein the US congress and senate denied them the used of armor protection since the new Black hawk Helicopters are enough to the job but in reality most of the Black Hawk Choppers where gun down by RPG in the tail rotor and remember RPG are cheaper but very effective particularly in the hands of militia groups or insurgents.

tigerwing

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 54
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 10:38:50 pm »
Heavy tanks are not suited for our terrain.. We can use history as a reference.

Did the Japanese use heavy armor during WW2 the way the Germans did? Majority of Japanese tanks are smaller and lighter than German tanks..

Did the Americans send hordes of tanks to take back the Philippines the way the Russians attacked the Germans? In the Pacific Naval power is far more important...

Lighter armored vehicles such as the M113 or ACV-300 are more appropriate for us.

kingkazz

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2014, 09:59:26 am »
Kingkazz bro I dont agree that we should not buy tanks look at what happened at the US Delta force and Rangers when they fought the warlords of Somalia if you remember the Story of black hawk down wherein the US congress and senate denied them the used of armor protection since the new Black hawk Helicopters are enough to the job but in reality most of the Black Hawk Choppers where gun down by RPG in the tail rotor and remember RPG are cheaper but very effective particularly in the hands of militia groups or insurgents.

Sige nga, sa external threat saan ba manggagaling ang mga mananakop? Diba dadaan muna sa dagat bago marating sa bansa natin? Sige gamitin mo ang tanke para pigilan ang mga barko ng mga mananakop maganda yan. Push mo yan kuya. Sa usaping internal threats, may tanke ba ang mga rebelde? Sige kuya gamitin mo yung tanke panghabol sa mga rebelde sa bundok at gubat tignan natin kung saang kangkungan pupulutin yang mga tanke mo. Pa Black Hawk Down Black Hawk Down pang nalalaman, sige nga suitable ba yung scenario ng Black Hawk Down sa scenario natin? Sige kuya paki sagot yung tanong ko

kingkazz

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2014, 10:02:29 am »
Heavy tanks are not suited for our terrain.. We can use history as a reference.

Did the Japanese use heavy armor during WW2 the way the Germans did? Majority of Japanese tanks are smaller and lighter than German tanks..

Did the Americans send hordes of tanks to take back the Philippines the way the Russians attacked the Germans? In the Pacific Naval power is far more important...

Lighter armored vehicles such as the M113 or ACV-300 are more appropriate for us.

Exactly what I'm pointing out. Instead of buying tanks, I think we should invest on Javelin anti-tank missiles. I think the Stryker from the U.S. is also suitable in our terrain

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2014, 07:16:29 am »
Kingkazz bro I dont agree that we should not buy tanks look at what happened at the US Delta force and Rangers when they fought the warlords of Somalia if you remember the Story of black hawk down wherein the US congress and senate denied them the used of armor protection since the new Black hawk Helicopters are enough to the job but in reality most of the Black Hawk Choppers where gun down by RPG in the tail rotor and remember RPG are cheaper but very effective particularly in the hands of militia groups or insurgents

kung di ako nagkakamali mga peace keepers ang mga US troops sa Somalia di naman sila nakikigyera at kaya gumamit sila ng black hawk e para hulihin si omar salad elmi at Mohamed Hassan Awale mabilis na extraction ang gagawin nila kase kung tangke yan e malayo pa lang na rpg na sila ang tanks are not good sa urban setting madali sila ma rpg