Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Windows Server 2008 Tutorial  (Read 1616 times)

johnnix

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 10
Windows Server 2008 Tutorial
« on: May 13, 2013, 08:55:51 am »
 Mga ka espiya help me po how to install and configure windows server 2008 !!!

Thanks a lot ...

shifer

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
Re: Windows Server 2008 Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 09:21:56 am »
Hello, Installing a Server OS is pretty much the same as installing a desktop OS. However, you must put into consideration a few things.

First off, you must consider the server function/role so that you can plan out the hardware specs for your server. Will this be for a File server? Database server? Esx host server?

Second thing is the Raid configuration of your disks. This part is important for hard disk faults/buffer time/redundancy.

To complete the installation of your OS, you must also plan out on how you'll be managing your server. Like backup solution, load balancing, remote connection, monitoring, etc.

Hope this helps.

Telesforo

• Member: 6799
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 78
  • Kamote Queue
    • Espiya ka ba? Magbasa ka muna!
Re: Windows Server 2008 Tutorial
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 10:40:06 am »
Hello, Installing a Server OS is pretty much the same as installing a desktop OS. However, you must put into consideration a few things.

First off, you must consider the server function/role so that you can plan out the hardware specs for your server. Will this be for a File server? Database server? Esx host server?

Second thing is the Raid configuration of your disks. This part is important for hard disk faults/buffer time/redundancy.

To complete the installation of your OS, you must also plan out on how you'll be managing your server. Like backup solution, load balancing, remote connection, monitoring, etc.

Hope this helps.

Windows Server 2008 is different from ESX Host. ESX or ESXi is VMware.

Disk configuration now a days are configured at hardware level.

I think TS is asking for the basic config and I assume he wants to learn how to configure Active Directory. (wag mag assume hehe)