Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: amazon kindle hd  (Read 1909 times)

anarky2k7

• Regional: Cebu
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 1
amazon kindle hd
« on: December 22, 2012, 12:12:09 pm »
i got one for christmas! but when i try getting games or stream video it says only in usa...  >:(

anybody know how to get games and videos for this? otherwise its gonna be a very expensive paperweight.... :(

piningerZ

• Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 1
Re: amazon kindle hd
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 01:10:31 pm »
try xda-developers.com . if there is a workaround / hack / root, it's usually found there.

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 07:47:03 pm »
you cannot stream nextflix or hulu, nadedetect ng servers nila ang IP mo

eros_daizo

• Webmasters/Programmer
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 5
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 08:44:24 pm »
have the same problem, bought one  last week, and the thing is you have to have an account in amazon and you can only pay through credit card,, you can still create an account but unlike last year you can still pay via cash on delivery/through bank transfer/through convinience store payment..
but now, they only allow credit card payments,,

gkhan

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 15
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 08:52:15 pm »
Does that mean that we have to advise all our fellow Filipinos not to accept the Kindle as Xmas present and advise yun magbibigay na wag na lang bumili ng Kindle?

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 10:04:16 pm »
Does that mean that we have to advise all our fellow Filipinos not to accept the Kindle as Xmas present and advise yun magbibigay na wag na lang bumili ng Kindle?

NO, the kindle is pretty much an ANDROID tablet that has been heavily skinned by Amazon, but works like any other tablet, just that the streaming apps has its limitations, unless you can use a VPN a tablet(any tablet) directly via APP or on the Gateway(router) where the tablet connects for internet... Netflix, HULU, AMAZON and all the other monthly subscription streaming apps WILL NOT WORK since Asia and the Philippines is not yet covered by the service

it

anarky2k7

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 1
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 12:55:29 am »
try xda-developers.com . if there is a workaround / hack / root, it's usually found there.

gonna try this ... thanks!

my kindle comes with one month free subscription to amazon prime. so am downloading books ... takes two days to arrive ... even though its only on the internet ... weird. any other download looks for a visa or mastercard. leery of giving it out to therm ... lol.

anarky2k7

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 1
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 03:35:54 pm »
great ... even the site sez the dang thing is unhackable.... so either gonna use it for surfing and ebooks ... or move to US.  >:(