Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Why over weight men can't make babies?  (Read 2120 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
Why over weight men can't make babies?
« on: November 08, 2012, 01:27:35 pm »

How high is your sperm count?

There's an unexpected link between obesity and fertility in men.

It's time for some tough talk about the male waistline — specifically what's right above it and what's right below.

The two are more closely linked than you might think. Fatty tissue contains an enzyme called aromatase which transforms your manly testosterone into a form of the not-so-manly hormone, estrogen. That doesn't just sound like bad news for male sexual health, it is bad news, and a new analysis out of France makes my point perfectly.

Researchers looked at 14 studies that compared sperm counts in normal weight, overweight and obese men and, not at all surprisingly, found that obese men were 42 percent more likely to have low sperm counts. Even worse, the obese guys were 81 percent more likely to produce no sperm at all.

You don't have to be obese to lose your man-power, either — even overweight (not obese) men were having trouble producing. They were 11 percent more likely to have low sperm counts and 39 percent more likely to have no sperm at all than normal-weight men, according to the study in the Archives of Internal Medicine.

It's not just about the low counts. Other studies have found that obese men have lower sperm quality, too, including low concentration and low motility (that's the ability to move towards the egg for fertilization).

On the other hand, many overweight and obese men never realize they have any of these sperm problems in the first place because of one of the other effects of those extra pounds: erectile dysfunction.

OK, I can practically sense some of you squirming as you read this. No guy suffering from sexual dysfunction or low sperm counts wants to talk about it, and I've had my share of patients come in and beat around the bush or ask about a "friend." I get it — so let me save you from that awkward conversation. If you're overweight and suffering from any form of sexual dysfunction, drop the pounds.

If weight isn't the cause of your problems, don't be shy. Have that conversation because there could be something else going on that needs attention such as low testosterone or impaired circulation. And don't worry — your doctor's heard it all before.

My thoughts: Have a lot of lots of s3x guys!--lose that pounds  :D

Pierro7

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 59
Re: Why over weight men can't make babies?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 03:37:25 pm »
pag overweight kasi, tamad gumalaw.
teka, overweight ako sabi sa huling medical exam.  >:(

question ... also applicable to the ladies? y'know ... being overweight.
A person becomes strong by accepting their fears.

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 04:18:26 pm »
I heard before in some studies - Overweight women have a hard time getting pregnant.
It seems like the key to fertility is healthiness. And it looks like healthiness and fat are at odds.

then so again, for ladies too --have more s3x!  :D-- get out of stress--have more Oxytocin-- maintain a good waist line.

TobleRONe

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 123
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 05:45:08 pm »
bakit naman ako 3 na panganay ko at isang bunso  laffman::

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 19
  • Mahirap ang buhay sa pinas!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 02:11:55 am »
So, you mean obese and overweight guys can shoot em scum inside their partners vajay jays without the risk of pregnancy.... hmm, must put on more pound...  toast::
Timing is Everything!

Pierro7

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 59
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 11:03:44 am »
I heard before in some studies - Overweight women have a hard time getting pregnant.
It seems like the key to fertility is healthiness. And it looks like healthiness and fat are at odds.

then so again, for ladies too --have more s3x!  :D-- get out of stress--have more Oxytocin-- maintain a good waist line.

so basically, masama talaga maging overweight in general. need to squeeze more fats.  laffman::

A person becomes strong by accepting their fears.

phylmarie

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 01:45:52 am »
I'm overweight but i made a baby with my girl last year..and he's so cute...

manicdepp

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 03:22:17 am »
40-44 waistline eversince I got married, 4 kids. No need for paternity test, they look like little versions of me. Wait, my eldest doen't look anything like me.....BABE! we need to talk..... laffman::