Espiya Sports [Sports lang tayo ==> Walang suntukan! ] > Basketball

Kai Sotto NBA Draft

<< < (2/4) > >>

Mang Inasar:

--- Quote from: jigjolo on April 30, 2022, 01:02:08 pm ---@Mang Inasar I think it's mainly about race hate in general kung mag babase ka sa mga issues na isa sa kinakaharap ng America.
In NBA terms, nandyan naman si Jalen Green na rookie, nandyan din si Jordan Clarkson na openly proud na may filipino blood. Let's also not forget Jeremy Lin na muka talagang asian. Hinanhanap lang talaga siguro nila yung dominant physically na makikita mo talaga sa mga african americans. Now, about Kai, let's just hope that teams may see some potential in him. Sabi nga nya- he is molding his game to Nikola Jokic- A big man that can shoot.

Let's all hope

--- End quote ---
Yes, I agree with you.  During those times kasi walang Asian discrimination and only during the pandemic plus, when Biden became the new U.S. President, asian discrimination was coming back.  Wala kasi ito nung time ni Trump.  But I know naman Kai Sotto knows what he's bringing on the table but pure talent never before seen in a 7 footer at a very early age.  Nikola Jokic is a great inspiration for him and maybe he can do better than him.  Let's just pray that he achieves that dream of being the first full-blooded Pinoy to ever step in basketball's biggest league in the world.  Mabuhay ka, KAI SOTTO, the Philippines is with you!

wildarm21:

litopal:

--- Quote from: Mang Inasar on April 30, 2022, 01:13:16 pm ---Yes, I agree with you.  During those times kasi walang Asian discrimination and only during the pandemic plus, when Biden became the new U.S. President, asian discrimination was coming back.  Wala kasi ito nung time ni Trump.  But I know naman Kai Sotto knows what he's bringing on the table but pure talent never before seen in a 7 footer at a very early age.  Nikola Jokic is a great inspiration for him and maybe he can do better than him.  Let's just pray that he achieves that dream of being the first full-blooded Pinoy to ever step in basketball's biggest league in the world.  Mabuhay ka, KAI SOTTO, the Philippines is with you!

--- End quote ---

I think this might be out of topic sir pero baliktad po yung sinabi mo na bumalik yung discrimination when Biden became president and wala ito nung time ni Trump. Lumabas yung at na.embolden yung mga racist nung time ni Trump dahil racist din sya. Nung umupo na si Biden, di na madali mawawala yung pagiging racist ng ibang americano dahil ito na rin ang naging talking points ng party ni Trump (Republican Party).

Mang Inasar:

--- Quote from: litopal on April 30, 2022, 01:38:15 pm ---I think this might be out of topic sir pero baliktad po yung sinabi mo na bumalik yung discrimination when Biden became president and wala ito nung time ni Trump. Lumabas yung at na.embolden yung mga racist nung time ni Trump dahil racist din sya. Nung umupo na si Biden, di na madali mawawala yung pagiging racist ng ibang americano dahil ito na rin ang naging talking points ng party ni Trump (Republican Party).

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the correction @litopal. Pati mga poor Latinos ay nagkaroon ng discrimination under Trump.  Mga black people ang kawawa lang because it's still there.  Nawala lang noon sa time ni Obama.  But anyway, out of topic nga tayo haha... KAI SOTTO is everyone's protege.  He is one of a kind kaya ibabandera niya tayo sa buong mundo by becoming the first full-blooded Filipino to play in the NBA.

gotenks:

--- Quote from: Mang Inasar on April 30, 2022, 11:02:57 am ---I am still a bit worried about the fact that there is still this "Asian Hate" or discrimination against Asians pervading in the U.S.
One example is the supergroup BTS who were nominated two years in a row at the Grammys but they never won anything.
The last time we saw an Asian play in the NBA was during the time of Yao Ming who in the long run became a "butterfly" who was traded here & there.
The NBA as you all know is dominated by black people so you can see where you draw the line.
But I just hope this would never happen to our kababayan Kai Sotto because he is definitely a "wunderkind".

--- End quote ---

There's gonna be hate everywhere,its not prevalent that it put the Asians in America at the bottom.Contrary the Asian American household earned more than whites in America,Asians had been more succesful in all fields except in sports.You can blame the culture that since you're financially successful,you should leave sports to the more unsuccessful.You go up and down American HS,you will see an abundant of Asians playing sports,not just 1,but like 2 or even 3 sports in a year.It tapers down in college,but you will see alot of Asians surprisingly in American football and baseball and a handfull in basketball.BTS,should earned their way in the Grammys,lots of white,latinos,black performers who didn't get Grammys,so welcome to diversity and they don't lose to white people either.Yao as many guys who stands over 7'4 have lots of problems on their feet and knees,giants are not meant to play high level NBA basketball,there's hardly players over 7'4 who have a very long career,NBA is still a businees,you can be green or red if you play high level basketball then you're in.We gotta understand that the NBA is not a development team,they're there to win now and make lots of money,you get drafted because you have a set of skills that can fit the scheme of the coach of the team.Just look at the former NBA players that played in the PBA,the skills are way out there,yet they play 3-5 years then gone.Then you looked at some journeymen that lasted over 10 years played for like 4-7 teams ,yet highly valued,cause their skills fit the scheme of the coaching staff.If Kai needs to develop some more than he will signed for a Gleague contract,then he plays in the Summer League to showcase his much improve talent and skills.The NBL is just overhyped,none of their so called talented big men really pushed Kai to the limit.
By the way you can blame the victimized leftist Asians,they don't belived in the 2nd Amendment,their greediness for handouts made them vote for the Progressive politicians,who doens't believed putting criminals in jail and no cash bail.Its so easy to forget that the "rooftop Koreans" exercising their 2nd Amendment rights stop the rioters from looting stores and harming them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version