Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Asset Vs. Liabilities - Why the rich get richer and the poor get poorer  (Read 21096 times)

yonipspy

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 68
  • screw the screw
Re: Asset Vs. Liabilities - Why the rich get richer and the poor get poorer
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2014, 03:10:30 am »
ang iba kasi MONEY COMES EASILY AND FREQUENTLY...

online 24/7

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
Whudjhu give up $100 million a year to spend more time with your family?
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2014, 04:00:12 am »
Ts, OT sya ?  pero pa OT pa din, am just curious  :-*

Guys, Would you give up $100 million a year to spend more time with your family?

PIMCO's Mohamed El-Erian's abrupt departure.  His daughter give him 22 reasons to quit his $100 Million a year job heading a *$2 trillion investment firm.

He explained:

About a year ago, I asked my daughter several times to do something -- brush her teeth, I think it was -- with no success. I reminded her that it was not so long ago that she would have immediately responded, and I wouldn’t have had to ask her multiple times; she would have known from my tone of voice that I was serious.

She asked me to wait a minute, went to her room and came back with a piece of paper. It was a list that she had compiled of her important events and activities that I had missed due to work commitments.

Talk about a wake-up call. The list contained 22 items, from her first day at school and first soccer match of the season to a parent-teacher meeting and a Halloween parade. And the school year wasn’t yet over.

I felt awful and got defensive: I had a good excuse for each missed event! Travel, important meetings, an urgent phone call, sudden to-do.

But it dawned on me that I was missing an infinitely more important point. As much as I could rationalize it -- as I had rationalized it -- my work-life balance had gotten way out of whack, and the imbalance was hurting my very special relationship with my daughter. I was not making nearly enough time for her.

Wowza. It's one thing to cut back on some hours, try to make one or two important events, but El-Erian decided to walk away from a $100 million a year job -- one that even had him rubbing elbows with President Obama.

Most bigwigs at this level would've brushed off their 10-year-old, or maybe patiently explained to them that they had to work so hard so that they could have all the nice things that they do. Instead, this guy quit his job that had him starting work at 1 o'clock in morning so that he could take his daughter to school in the morning.

hmm well,what he got in return is something money can't buy. ayt?

And As Tony Robbins said ,"there's only one word to really make you HAPPY---that is PROGRESS"(growth) and as far as i know nobody in their death beds had said "i wish i had work more and earn more" instead "they do wish they spent more time with their love ones"  :D

« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 04:12:54 am by FerminaDaza »

Adonai

• <3 2 F ur MoM
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 38
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2014, 05:04:25 am »
madami na sila pera eh kaya nag give up na sila. hahahaha! kung wala silang pera i gigive up pa kaya yun? i don't think so. money can buy most happiness in the world like 8/10. and 2 don hindi nabibili.
You're not your. This not these. It's not its. We're not were.

Thanks Gat J.P. Rizal for the Arsenal shirt. <3

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
  • Shhh.. Be quiet you might piss somebody off..
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2014, 12:09:18 pm »
Ts, OT sya ?  pero pa OT pa din, am just curious  :-*

Guys, Would you give up $100 million a year to spend more time with your family?

PIMCO's Mohamed El-Erian's abrupt departure.  His daughter give him 22 reasons to quit his $100 Million a year job heading a *$2 trillion investment firm.

He explained:

hmm well,what he got in return is something money can't buy. ayt?

And As Tony Robbins said ,"there's only one word to really make you HAPPY---that is PROGRESS"(growth) and as far as i know nobody in their death beds had said "i wish i had work more and earn more" instead "they do wish they spent more time with their love ones"  :D

@FerminDaza - hello po as I understand sa question nyo po na "Would you rather give up the money to spend more time with your family?" correct me po if I'm wrong. In my opinion naman po sa scenario po kasi the money comes from an asset called "JOB". I am not against po sa job security pero in my experience na nag work for 6 years I can say po na depending yourself sa job security as your only source of income won't last because of 1. you can be fired anytime 2. wala kang time freedom to be with your family 3. andami mong e sacrifice kasi you choose that type of asset which is you "are working for money". There's a saying na "I would rather be happy than rich." but why not be both?     

mocker

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 16
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2014, 01:23:44 pm »
Maganda ang thread na to very knowledgeable. Pero as what the Subject of TS is referring "Asset vs Liabilities" Tingin ko mananalo jan Liabilities. Pero sabi nga nila sa tao pa din ang desisyon kung ano ang gugustuhin nila sa buhay nila. Gaya namin dito sa province magandang mag-invest sa mga hayop o di kaya sa mga palayan.

Share ko din ang magandang pangyayari sa buhay ng kaibigan ko mahirap lang din naman sila, nung una ang tatay niya nag-aalaga lang ng baka at kambing ng relatives nila na seaman then after na ang inaalagaan niyang Baka at kambing ay nanganak kinuha niya ang parti niya, to cut the story short mula doon sa parti niya na isa ay naparami niya ang mga baka at kambing niya then binenta niya almost half ng alaga niya para bumili ng lupa at nang magkaroon na sia ng sariling lupa ay dinagdagan niya ang hayop na inaalagaan niya (baboy, manok) hanggang sa makabili ulit ng lupa na may palayan... In short nakaalpas ang pamilya ng kaibigan ko sa kahirapan pero nananatili pa rin ang mga ari-arian na na-acquire nila. Ngayon may mga tauhan na sila at ang tatay niya pasupervise - supervise na lang hindi na nagpapakapagod.

Idagdag ko na din ang key para sa success dapat hardworking samahan mo na din ng humble wag maging mayabang.   
laffman::::fingerpower ::fingerpower ::fingerpower ::fingerpower ::fingerpower b*; bnana gun:: evil::

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
The genie question:What people around the world would wish for
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2014, 03:18:00 am »
...others just want something simple: like a biscuit  :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPzD4AOVT2U[/youtube]

tigerwing

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 54
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2014, 07:30:56 am »
What must first be defined is one's own concept of wealth, as that would vary from person to person.. what is considered rich by me might be poor to others. Also, being wealthy and financialy independent does not necessarilly mean having a very high net worth. It simply means being able to have the life style you desire with enough earning asset to sustain it.

you must first know what kind of lifestyle you want to have. Do you really want to be filthy rich or do you want a rather simple yet comfortable life? Understand that there is no such thing as a "worry-free" asset. You will still have to "work" on it in one way or another and as the saying goes:

"the richer you are the more problems you'll have"

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2014, 12:41:09 pm »
As a saying goes,  “There are two kinds of money problems. Not enough money, and too much money. Which type of money problem do you want?”

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2014, 01:10:30 pm »
Don't feel guilty about wanting a better life and working hard to attain it, but also don't become guilty of sacrificing the most important things in life, your family, health, and integrity, to attain them. Because at the end of the day, money is only important if you can enjoy it with the ones you love and with a clear conscience. 

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2014, 01:29:24 pm »
As a saying goes,  “There are two kinds of money problems. Not enough money, and too much money. Which type of money problem do you want?”

No offense, Chevalier A7x, but as someone or another has undoubtedly said many times before me: "Why should I pick between two problems that I'm better off avoiding in the first place?"

Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2014, 01:58:59 pm »
No offense, Chevalier A7x, but as someone or another has undoubtedly said many times before me: "Why should I pick between two problems that I'm better off avoiding in the first place?"

Allow me to explain my point by reading my post here..its in business and economics section the title of the post is "Two Views of Money".
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 02:03:52 pm by A7x »

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2014, 04:27:25 pm »
Allow me to explain my point by reading my post here..its in business and economics section the title of the post is "Two Views of Money".

Having read your post, I must point out that the author's own mentor said that not having enough money and having too much of it are both problems. If I have the resources and the ability to avoid being burdened by either of those problems, then I don't really need to choose between them, do I?

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2014, 10:20:55 am »
late reply

I'm very sickly

TS share is good for a 1990's economic view point and it is outdated to our current time

he discussed many billionaires like bill gates etc etc  etc but he forgot the fact it is very different for saving and investing

bill gates and many other as we know they were undergraduates, never finished

but we need to lay the fact first
1. in America currently a 12 year old kid can programs anything from PHP or Java with ease he just read a book
2. In america there is a company called venture capitalist VC or micro venture capitalist (MVC), they are around 600 companies

what are VC?
sila yung namumuhan  any people who want to invest they put it in a VC na wala sa Pinas take note wala sa pinas nito again wala sa pinas ang ganitong system

what happen
 anyone who invents something a system, a software, a miracle drink or something they present it to the VC companies. and these VC will analize the product the viability, saleability, and productivity  and fund it therefore magiging corporations sya at may share yung inventor this the reason napatalsik si Steve Jobs sa apple dahil hindi naman sya ang naglabas ng pera may share lang sila

kumikita ang isang company by selling and buying shares or called share outstanding commonly ang CEO ang gumagawa nito

wala kang ilalabas na pera ganyan sa states sa pinas maglalabas ka ng pera

syempre sasabihin iba ang mga Asian
ang suggestion ni TS is just to prepare you for emergency scenario it is too late for business. pwede syang business but not that big enough dahil madaming bully maraming gumagaya

example
nauso ang shawarna ang daming naglabasan ng shawarma
nauso ang buko ang daming naglabasan na buko station may buko house, buko station at maraming pang iba

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2014, 10:39:58 am »
napindot ko yung post

and mapapansin mo na rin di na uso proprietorship puro corporation na halos at merging ng mga companies kase alam nila napakamahal kung solo ka lang

na hindi ginagawa ng isang karaniwan tao

yung iba constant ang funding nila coming from abroad kaya nakakapag-take sila ng risk to invest a big investment

example ulit
Manny Villar hindi naman sya mayaman in the first place nakapag-asawa sya ng mayaman at ginamit ang pera ng asawa nya para makapasok sa politics easy money

Life coaches na tuturuan ka kunwari paano mag-ipon ganyan ganire at gagawin example ang buhay nila syempre yayaman ang mga yan biro mo nagbayad ka sa kanila na laway lang puhunan

sabi ng isang researcher the spending habit of a poor and the rich are the same. wala po silang pinag-kaiba iba lang ang price at brand 

why richer gets richer
kase may coordination sila at organization magkakakilala ang mga yan they don't invest alone, they don't work alone and they can hire many consultant as they want. That why they were called corporation

why poor get poorer 
imbes na mag-franchise kakalabanin ka nila that's the problem sisirain ka nila at kapag pumatok madami pang gagaya, in the end pareho-pareho kayong lugi at nagsisihan

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2014, 01:47:28 pm »
Let me clear myself in posting this topic... This is just a guide and offers no guarantee just like the authors mentor who offered no guarantee but just guidance..all examples may not be applicable in each and everyone of us here since we all have come from different backgrounds..Just like in the Bible, all events happen in the past and the story happen in Israel but still we are reading it to give us guidance spiritually in our everyday life now its up to us to follow it or reject it. To answer BlueAlphaZero's question, I think you didn't understand what you have read. I apologize for saying this. Financial Education is a broad topic and I posted just a pinch of it for those who do not know not to debate our personal principles about money. In my opinion whether you admit it or not you have chosen "too much money problem" and let me explain why. Basically you don't have any issues with "not enough money" as you have stated. When I say "too much money problem" it doesn't literally mean that you have to have an overflowing money like bill gates or henry ford etc.. but "how long can you keep it" in order for you not to have "not enough money problem" in the future. Now you will be thinking to either save it in the bank or invest it to multiply etc. and that's a problem too since you will be asking yourself about what will you do with your money. Now if you still ask me if you need to chose between the two problems, you will still be getting the same answer from me. I hope I made myself clear.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 01:55:18 pm by A7x »

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2014, 02:19:21 pm »
To answer BlueAlphaZero's question, I think you didn't understand what you have read. I apologize for saying this. Financial Education is a broad topic and I posted just a pinch of it for those who do not know not to debate our personal principles about money. In my opinion whether you admit it or not you have chosen "too much money problem" and let me explain why. Basically you don't have any issues with "not enough money" as you have stated. When I say "too much money problem" it doesn't literally mean that you have to have an overflowing money like bill gates or henry ford etc.. but "how long can you keep it" in order for you not to have "not enough money problem" in the future. Now you will be thinking to either save it in the bank or invest it to multiply etc. and that's a problem too since you will be asking yourself about what will you do with your money. Now if you still ask me if you need to chose between the two problems, you will still be getting the same answer from me. I hope I made myself clear.

If I'm not much mistaken, Bill Gates found a way some years back wherein he can avoid problems of having too little money, too much money, and how long he can keep his money. I basically did the same thing (albeit on a more modest scale).

And truth be told, I don't really see how deciding what to do with my money should be another problem. Isn't that the object of these posts on financial education that you've been contributing as of late? So that we your Espiya brethren can better understand what to do with our money?

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2014, 10:01:14 pm »
If I'm not much mistaken, Bill Gates found a way some years back wherein he can avoid problems of having too little money, too much money, and how long he can keep his money. I basically did the same thing (albeit on a more modest scale).

And truth be told, I don't really see how deciding what to do with my money should be another problem. Isn't that the object of these posts on financial education that you've been contributing as of late? So that we your Espiya brethren can better understand what to do with our money?

You must be confused. You see it as both negative thats why you're still asking me the same question. I see it as one negative and one positive. Sometimes the issue why we are still trapped with traditional beliefs about money because alot of us only see just one side of the coin..but if we open our eyes and our minds then we will start to see the other side of the coin.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:06:19 pm by A7x »

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2014, 02:43:01 am »
You must be confused. You see it as both negative thats why you're still asking me the same question. I see it as one negative and one positive. Sometimes the issue why we are still trapped with traditional beliefs about money because alot of us only see just one side of the coin..but if we open our eyes and our minds then we will start to see the other side of the coin.

Perhaps I am confused. It would seem that the word "problem" as used in the context of Robert Kiyosaki's writings and in the context of this discussion doesn't have the same meaning as it usually does.

I will agree with you on one point, Chevalier: one of those two "problems" is positive. But in truth, both those instances can be positive for those with open eyes and minds (as you put it yourself). Having learned that from those wiser than myself, I was able to chart a course between both ends of the money spectrum that has served me well to this day.

FerminaDaza

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
Paris Hilton's secret to success
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2014, 05:08:22 am »
Paris Hilton's formula to success-

...and the biscuits gurl formula to success-

::laffman

mr.mysteryoso

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2014, 11:06:04 am »
Try nyo mag aim global! Small pottential big income!!
I LOVE ESPIYA!

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2014, 12:24:58 pm »
very interesting thread... there are lots to be learned in the exchange of ideas...  i'll interpret this in a typical filipino life...

well based on my experience the reason is very simple on why this is happening... it is the basic reason that the rich have more and that the poor has almost none... to cite an example,

a.  the rich have more to invest and spend meaning they can venture and look for other source of income since the needs of their families which includes food, shelter and clothing are met.. their assets are far greater than their liabilities..
b.  the poor have almost none meaning what they earn sometimes even isn't enough to meet their basic requirements to live comfortably... the law of hand to mouth is what is their reality.. their liabilities are far greater than their assets...

i have seen this personally for so many years that's why i am able to say this... and i can justify that most of these people are working hard in order that they may improve their lives... but for me unless by a stroke of luck or divine intervention like winning in lotto, it will be very hard for them to uplift their lives at this generation... 

this for me is the simple fact... although education and knowledge of financial strategies are an advantage in today's life, it will still boil down on how liquid are you to be able to improve your life...