Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Philippine Navy's Two SSVs Now Entering The Planning Stages Of Design  (Read 3275 times)

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
  • Shhh.. Be quiet you might piss somebody off..

PT PAL: Philippine Navy's Two SSVs Now Entering The Planning Stages Of Design...

http://www.antarajatim.com/lihat/berita/134092/pal-realisasi-kapal-perang-filipina-tunggu-desain

Photo source: raider1011@PDFF

freeyourmind

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 88
someome breakdown the systems on this one? i hope it is more armed/protected..everything is missile warfare now..even the smallest rockets could do damage.

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
It will have some CIWS and 38 MM auto guns. It needs to be surrounded by modern frigates whenever it movies out just like an aircraft carrier.

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
It will have some CIWS and 38 MM auto guns. It needs to be surrounded by modern frigates whenever it movies out just like an aircraft carrier. Even the Japanese Osumi Class only has CIWS and 50 cals.

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
is that a C-RAM on front?

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
maganda maganda

atleast realistic na ito at may goal sana locallly produce para makatipid sa gastos at pwede pang pang-export

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
The PN version is bigger than the Indonesian Makassar in size theirs is 122 meters while the PN is 125 the comparison is Banjarmasin design: space for 3 helicopters on deck, 2 in hangar, less troops
SSV Philippine design: space for 2 helicopters on deck, 2 in hangar, 500 troops

Maybe the next one will be a 5 helicopter design so it will carry more troops and vehicles it will be a command ship.

wildgang_10

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 18
Maganda sya it looks very promising!

kung maging sincere and serious ang government natin dito ayus ito..

its interesting to know madami tayong magagaling na builders from engineers / architects to welders..

nakakagawa nga tayo ng mga luxury yachts in subic eh manage and designed in other countries we only provide the skill labor.

but the technical knowhow /experience is already there, WE CAN.... kung gusto kakayanin.

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
Maganda sya it looks very promising!

kung maging sincere and serious ang government natin dito ayus ito..

its interesting to know madami tayong magagaling na builders from engineers / architects to welders..

nakakagawa nga tayo ng mga luxury yachts in subic eh manage and designed in other countries we only provide the skill labor.

but the technical knowhow /experience is already there, WE CAN.... kung gusto kakayanin.
Impossible,you gonna need lots of money just to start up the military side business,the govt is not gonna front the money,lots of research,costs lots of money,you gonna need people with Phd's to build this type and they're not cheap to hire,raw materials you gonna import,then you have to bid real low,what if the local got outbidded then what.

iammaster

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 7
let's hope they don't get trigger happy on those CIWS. last I heard, each round costs 26USD, and has a rate of 3000RPM,
10 secs would roughly cost 570,000php.

Nakakaexcite though!

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
Re: Philippine Navy's Two SSVs Now Entering The Planning Stages Of Design
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 06:38:15 am »
Impossible,you gonna need lots of money just to start up the military side business,the govt is not gonna front the money,lots of research,costs lots of money,you gonna need people with Phd's to build this type and they're not cheap to hire,raw materials you gonna import,then you have to bid real low,what if the local got outbidded then what.

he he he ehe hehe
do you heard outsourcing?

most company nowadays outsource their product assembly na lang sila  like myphone and cherry mobile
like apple na samsung ang manufacturer ng processor nya kung di ako nagkakamali
many car industry outsource ang mga parts nila

marami tayong Phd sa pinas di lang sila nabibigyan ng chance or break or di kilala dito sa atin bakit di manawagan si Pnoy maglilitawan ang mga yan

yung auntie ko nga nag PHD sa France sponsored ng Goverment nagtuturo sya ngayon sa state university e di naman sya kilala sa buong pinas magkano lang sahod nya

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 09:12:09 am »
he he he ehe hehe
do you heard outsourcing?

most company nowadays outsource their product assembly na lang sila  like myphone and cherry mobile
like apple na samsung ang manufacturer ng processor nya kung di ako nagkakamali
many car industry outsource ang mga parts nila

marami tayong Phd sa pinas di lang sila nabibigyan ng chance or break or di kilala dito sa atin bakit di manawagan si Pnoy maglilitawan ang mga yan

yung auntie ko nga nag PHD sa France sponsored ng Goverment nagtuturo sya ngayon sa state university e di naman sya kilala sa buong pinas magkano lang sahod nya
Yes that's the point why build it in the Philippines when you can get it cheaper,same quality or better from outside?Are the local company will pay the PHDs the same pay if that they will get from a competitor? The PN already owned the design on the Peacock Class for decades yet they cant find a local shipbuilder that can duplicate,upgrade the design for the real low price that the govt wants.Besides its better to buy from another country you pay as is,if its local suddenly that price will go up and we all know where the extra pesos go to.

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2014, 10:03:26 am »
locally produce or abroad produce it still the same makukurakot pa din sila

and you don't need a lot of Phd to assemble it

wala naman talaga tayong LOCAL SHIPBUILDING

yung sa Subic and Visayas mga investor sa ibang bansa ang mga nagtayo nun di investment ng gobyerno yun dito lang sila nag-outsource ng trabahador kase mura na may quality pa at di prone sa piracy kase wala naman capability ang pinas na gumawa ng barko

gkhan

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 15
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2014, 04:16:44 am »
Can anyone tell me sino ang dapat kausapin kun ano ang design na gusto nila?  I just need the design and the cost estimates and I will help find the money to build it here in our country. 

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
  • Shhh.. Be quiet you might piss somebody off..
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2014, 09:31:34 am »
Can anyone tell me sino ang dapat kausapin kun ano ang design na gusto nila?  I just need the design and the cost estimates and I will help find the money to build it here in our country.

I think wala kanang magagawa kasi Indonesia na ang nanalong bidder nang barkong yan.. you can submit your bidding sa website nila if you want ;)..

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2014, 09:35:14 am »
The design that the PN want is more bigger and longer than the ones the Indonesian have the SSV should be able to carry a battalion of men each plus their AAVs or MK3s.

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2014, 03:23:30 pm »

Assuming a proclivity for tax evasion isn't grounds for disqualification from taking part in projects like these.
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 01:41:01 pm »

1) Because it isn't easy to design, test, and build ships to military specifications.
- You build large commercial ships in the shipyards of Hanjin, Austal, Tsuneishi, etc., but they are not Philippine designs.

2) You need the talent for it.
- They are not in the Philippines

) Economics. You need a market for it.
- Can't go through all that effort and end up building only one or two ships.

4. It needs massive state support to just survive its conception and eventually thrive.
- None of which your politicians seem to be enthusiastic about.
- Nor are they willing to set aside funds for it.

5. Naval Architects of our country are employed in DEFENSE R&D OF GOVERNMENT of other countries."

6. A military ship is not just a hull with engines. Combat systems account for a large portion of a naval ship's cost. Yes, we can already make merchant ships, but naval ships are a different story.